• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Xbox Fans Are Paid”, Says Former World of Warcraft Designer

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Wow this thread took a hard turn…

…. If you like hard turns then Forza 8 is where the fun is! Forza 8 will have you leaning onto those turns at break neck speeds as you cross the finish line to grab 1st place from your rivals ..

that’s Forza 8 from MS studios .. preorder today! 👍

And have you heard that if you get the early-access bundle, available with deluxe edition or purchased separately as an add-on for Game Pass, you will get to play the game a week early ?

Could the value get any better ?

Last edited:

hinch7

I dont have an era account but I checked their final fantasy 16 thread and the first thing I saw was a guy who wrote a dissertation on how mysoginist and abusive towards women the game and its boss battles are. Closed the tab right away.
Think I read something similar about Benedikta in on their main thread. Almost a small essay on it rofl. Comedy gold.

Some people have way too much time on their hands.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Think I read something similar about Benedikta in that thread. Almost a small essay on it rofl. Comedy gold.

Some people have way too much time on their hands.
Yup I saw that too, how the garuda boss fight was full of hidden sexual meaning because shes fighting on his knees while being beat up by a man, absolute twilight zone over there.

hinch7

Yup I saw that too, how the garuda boss fight was full of hidden sexual meaning because shes fighting on his knees while being beat up by a man, absolute twilight zone over there.
Literally laughed out loud when I read that. Just because she was on her knees and also because of one naked scene. Its mistreatment and misoginist view of women according to that poster. Never mind the rest of how brutal and unforgiving the world is in the game. Some unhinged behaviour.

Last edited:

tryDEATH

You don't got to go to twitter for that, just sort this forums most active user and their post counts and you'll see some seem to religiously post here almost bot like. On one hand I hope those are bots, because it would far sader if those were real people posting.

Warablo

I haven't even heard of the ambassador program in like 7+ years. You literally get nothing and anyone can be one. Its just helping out people with tech questions and stuff.

chromhound

Pay Me 50 Cent GIF by BET Awards

Akuji

If Microsoft reads this. send me a free xbox series x and a gaming pc and i will only write positive things about you.
no need to do something shady, if those items appear in my mail, i will not check where they came from. i will just follow through

Mircosoft is the best company in the world guys. they are so nice and good, also their games always deliver.

Dr_Ifto

Been saying this for years. Back in the OG Xbox years, on a small forum we had, an avid Xbox fan came from nowhere and would do nothing bit push Xbox on us. Nonstop. Eventually, dude went through some personal issues with his wife getting cancer and came out that he was in some program at xbox to promote the brand.

Kacho

Damn I’m missing out if true. I’ve been screwing myself over by enjoying games quietly on my Series X.

Azelover

Titanic was called the Ship of Dreams, and it was. It really was.
If Microsoft reads this. send me a free xbox series x and a gaming pc and i will only write positive things about you.
no need to do something shady, if those items appear in my mail, i will not check where they came from. i will just follow through

Mircosoft is the best company in the world guys. they are so nice and good, also their games always deliver.
Most real users on message boards wouldnt take the job. Yes we know Microsoft engages in this kind of thing, and have for decades. But the real shills get paid a miserable amount AFAIK.

Last edited:

ergem

I’m not surprised in the slightest.

Even in our country, one of the moderators in a Playstation Facebook Group ALL OF A SUDDEN starts posting negative commentaries about Sony in the MS-Activision debacle. Insinuation how Sony is the bad guy and in the wring while MS is saving the gaming industry.

gothmog

Gold Member
If everyone can list out their main account and all their alts I can make sure you get a special surprise.

LRKD

"This is standard practice now in corpo warfare" True, paid shills are everywhere, not sure why he specifies Xbox so hard in his tweet though.

poodaddy

I play everything but Xbox is my main platform, where do I get paid? Am I not eligible due to my having too much of a life to engage in console wars online?

Damn, if only I was a bit more pathetic, could have a nice side hustle.

Kacho

You mean the creator of the greatest game ever made
We talking about his work on Diablo 2 or World of Warcraft? Both are GOATs. That was 20+ years ago. Have you been following the guy? I have. He’s into cringe weeb shit and the type of guy who unironically believes in Microsoft global homo conspiracy theories.

David Brevik is much more down to earth and has done more noteworthy things post Blizzard without losing his mind in the process. Brevik has also been positive about Xbox’s strategy… but that doesn’t make for a spicy thread.

Rykan

You can be like klobrille. He got his start right here. Just apply yourself.
I just looked him up and his twitter is literally an advertisement page. “X game coming to Gamepass on Y” “X coming out early y”. What are these people doing?

This makes me respect SenjutsuSage in an entirely new way. Yes, he was and is a completely shameless shill, but at least he put effort into it! 500 tweets slamming the CMA? yes! 20 tweet thread that tags Phil Spencer on how Redfall is secretly a masterpiece and an underappreciated gem that set a new graphical benchmark 30 minutes after it came out? Let's do it!

And then there's klobrille who's like “This game comes out on Gamepass” with a screenshot and he gets like 135k followers on Twitter. Poor Senjutsusage. Sometimes hard work just doesn't pay off.

Last edited:

The Fuzz damn you!

Gold Member
Take a look at the title. It is generalizing in it. Then you can see the continuous reactions of some here also taking advantage to generalize and, not enough with that, also to ridicule, mock and bully users here just because their history shows a preference for Xbox.

No, people are not calling out other just because of “a preference for Xbox.” People get called out because of their irrational and unjustifiable defence of particular actions and corporate practices that are seen as detrimental to the industry.

Well, then you will have seen from the answers that the thread has not gone towards serious debate.... And do you know the reason? because the reason for the thread was never a serious debate but an opportunity for the console war.

There is plenty of opportunity for serious debate here, but it is not being taken up. Plenty of people have posted perfectly rational views that outline their concerns, with supporting evidence. Others dismiss these concerns out of hand and refuse to stand up against those practices. Take another look through the thread. Look for the people who condemn Microsoft’s actions while recognising that Sony do the same thing, albeit on a lesser scale. Look then for those who accuse Sony of such same actions without ever condemning Microsoft.

The Xbox persecution is a fantasy. The offer for fair debate is there.

Another thing is that you want me to focus on answering seriously on the matter when 98% of the answers from the first one are only from people attacking and despising an entire community and specific users here with preference towards XBox.

…and what would you have instead? That blatant shilling not be called out? That corporate propaganda not be discussed? The parochialism and outright tribalism around here is sickening, yes, but that does not mean that there is never cause to highlight the actions of one “side” (ugh) in particular. Call out vile corporate practices when they happen, whoever the instigator, and call out those who defend those practice as well.

Boglin

I definitely believe Sony also has people working social media and forums as part of their advertising arm. They'd be dumb not too engage in it to try to steer conversations. They just haven't been as blatant as Microsoft lately, and no receipts have come out.

Top Bottom