• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Breaking Bad” Movie To Shoot Imminently?

bitbydeath

Jesse continuation story?
He was kidnapped by the nazis and escaped at the end of BB.

“Breaking Bad” series creator Vince Gilligan is reportedly working on a new two-hour feature film with ties to the beloved series, though it’s currently unclear if it’s a theatrical release.

Details are scarce, including whether any of the show’s stars will return, but a logline released says the film “tracks the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom.”

http://www.darkhorizons.com/breaking-bad-movie-to-shoot-imminently/

Papa

Banned
Oh I would love this. Breaking Bad is one of the greatest shows ever and Better Call Saul is my favourite current show. I don’t know how to describe it exactly but they can make the most mundane things entertaining.

TTOOLL

Yes, please!

BCS has been amazing! The production quality, acting and photography are one of the best I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Lilseb93

Vince Gilligan is a consistently good writer. As long as he's involved it should be good. Whatever it is. Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul are fantastic.

Snoopycat

Banned
Nah. As much as I like BB, I'd rather he let Walt and Jesse be. We got BCS now which I think is just as good and in some ways even better than BB. The best thing to do would be Gus's origin story. I'd like to see what happened to him in Chile and Mexico.

Grinchy

Banned
This could be sweet. It could even integrate things that relate back to Better Call Saul with Jimmy in the present. The movie could even have Kim and BCS characters depending on how they end the show.

levyjl1988

Banned
Well Walter White is alive at the end of Breaking Bad, I wouldn’t think he would be dead considering Film Theory did a theory that his cancer would have saved him by clotting his blood after being shot. Who knows. Someone has to take over the empire or something.

If Breaking Bad was any other television show that ended how Breaking Bad ended, I'd be completely against this. No, don't touch it, leave it alone, you're only going to mess up a good thing.

But everything ever associated with this show has been pure quality, so I have very few doubts that the creator and writers are going to mess anything up. Bring on the movie.

Well Walter White is alive at the end of Breaking Bad, I wouldn’t think he would be dead considering Film Theory did a theory that his cancer would have saved him by clotting his blood after being shot. Who knows. Someone has to take over the empire or something.

Walter living would destroy Breaking Bad.

bigedole

Oh I would love this. Breaking Bad is one of the greatest shows ever and Better Call Saul is my favourite current show. I don’t know how to describe it exactly but they can make the most mundane things entertaining.

I was talking to my wife about this exact thing a few days ago as we caught up on the latest season... BCS is always entertaining even when they're just doing completely mundane shit. The writing is just phenomenal and the actors have really brought the characters to life. It's quite a feat, in my mind, as I think writing is what the majority of mainstream dramas on American TV suffer for. Very few shows have been able to capture my attention the way BCS does when nothing is going on.

A bit off topic: How are you guys enjoying BCS season 4? I saw the first episode and was bored to tears.

I feel like
Jimmy's brother dying at the end of S3 killed a lot of the intrigue.

On topic: I would love for them to continue Walter White's story, but if they instead focus on Jesse, I'd be done with the series.

bitbydeath

Awesome, it is a Jesse cont. story.

The site says the project will pick up right after the end of the series in 2013, and will follow Jesse’s escape from Albuquerque following the bloody events of the series finale.

Cranston then confirms he has spoken to Gilligan about the project, but doesn’t know if he’s going to be involved: “If Vince Gilligan asked me to do it, then sure, absolutely… This idea, from what I’m told, gets into those, at least a couple of the characters that were not completed as far as their journey.”

http://www.darkhorizons.com/cranston-talks-the-breaking-bad-film/

Hulk_Smash

Banned
A bit off topic: How are you guys enjoying BCS season 4? I saw the first episode and was bored to tears.

I feel like
Jimmy's brother dying at the end of S3 killed a lot of the intrigue.

On topic: I would love for them to continue Walter White's story, but if they instead focus on Jesse, I'd be done with the series.

You gotta keep going with Season 4. It picks back up in a big way. Not going to spoil anything but this is the season
Mike becomes Assassin Mike and Jimmy becomes Saul Goodman.
It has one crazy emotional twist finale.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kadayi

Banned
You gotta keep going with Season 4.

Agreed. I think it all pays off nicely in the end.

As regards the film....my understanding is this is going to be a TV film, which is good news, but at the same time, I honestly not sure the further adventures of Jesse Pinkman needs to be explored. I mean at that the end of the day Jesse is really only good at one thing...making high-quality Meth.

hivsteak

if they instead focus on Jesse, I'd be done with the series.

You don’t give a shit about Jesse? Don’t bother with the rest of Better Call Saul. If you can’t care about Jesse then Breaking Bad and BCS aren’t really for you in the first place.

You don’t give a shit about Jesse? Don’t bother with the rest of Better Call Saul. If you can’t care about Jesse then Breaking Bad and BCS aren’t really for you in the first place.

Nah, I don't care about Jesse. I'm on team Walter all the way. And I actually really enjoy BCS.

liberteer

Neo Member
I trust Vince. I'm also #teamwalter, just as Soleil rouge Soleil rouge . And I desperately need to see this movie. Watched BB twice, started watching BCS, but never persisted. I will, in a several months.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Would be a real visual treat if true. Hell I wish I could watch the whole breaking bad series on the big screen

Top Bottom