• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

“Alan Wake 2 is pretty far along and will be a true next gen showcase” according to industry insider

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member

Train Hype GIF

Robb

Gold Member
I’m sure it’ll be a looker, like most of Remedy’s stuff. Hopefully it’ll run well though.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Is the original or the remaster the best way to play the first game nowadays? On PC if that changes anything.

Last edited:

AmuroChan

If there's a list of fake industry insiders, Nick would be right up there at the top. He either says things that are nebulous by design so it's hard to dispute, or when he does say anything concrete, it's wrong more times than not.

hemo memo

Gold Member
“Industry insider” is as legitimate as a 4chan post. It means nothing. I truly believe banning those type of stupid “insiders” news would make GAF a better place. At least with old GAF some members are actually vetted to be in the know. Now it is just a ridiculous twitter account that probably bought the followers is tweeting a bullshit guess and get famous for it because they can spin it if it didn’t come true.

I would like a little console aiming adjustment to refine the control accuracy from Remedy but it's a minor gripe on everything they do so bloody well. Remedy games are so immersive from the gameplay and art to story and pacing through that beautiful engine they have crafted. Very much looking forward to Alan Wake II.

Hope so.

I really liked the original one a lot. Was super into Twin Peaks at the time, so that def. helped. Still, happy to get more and can't wait for what Remedy will show. After how good Control was, I'm really hopeful that they have their mojo back.

tusharngf

control was super good looking with all the raytracing implementations. Its safe to say AW2 will have dlss support. I hope my 3080 will be able to run this beast game.

CGNoire

Im placing my bets that AW2 will most definitly look better than Horizon. Remedy are natural tech pushers. They will show us gods love.

Kataploom

Gold Member
One of the games I'm getting a console for since it's EGS exclusive on PC (but this one I can understand).

Sony is taking a precious time to announce that PS5 Slim

fatmarco

I mean Control basically looks as good as any Next Gen release already, especially with Ray Tracing enabled, so it shouldn't really be a surprise. It's also been close to 4 years since their last title, so it should be fairly far along.

Generic word salad that could only be generated by a legitimate insider. The game is being developed, and will be visually impressive (as if it is Remedy's first rodeo). What a scoop! 🤡

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
The reveal trailer was great and that's coming from someone who hasn't loved Remedy's output since MP2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom