• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘Game of Thrones’ Prequel Series ‘House of the Dragon’ to Debut in August

Draugoth

Gold Member
FPGtkMuXMAIyJEl

House of the Dragon,” HBO’s first spin-off series of its record-breaking juggernaut “Game of Thrones,” will premiere on Aug. 21, the network announced Wednesday.

Set two centuries before the events of “Game of Thrones,” the ten-episode prequel series will depict how the House of Targaryen fell into a bitter and brutal civil war known as the Dance of the Dragons — presaging the beginning of the end of the ruling family of Westeros.

Fbh

Yeah no thx. Fool me once and all that.

I'll wait for the show to be finished and if general impressions remain good I'll give it a watch.

Star-Lord

They’re going to cover that entire saga/era in just ten episodes? That’s disappointing. I’ve recently read Fire & Blood, and there is so much content in there that ten episodes/one season will barely scratch the surface.

Thaedolus

I’m gonna feel like a sucker but I’ll watch. Even if it’s a train wreck there should be some Targaryen tits

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'll pass. Prequels never interest me.
Agreed.

Prequels to me are when the writers run out of ideas or the main story is over, and they cant figure out a way to keep it going with future stories.

They see dollar signs within grasp so best way to grabs those dollars is keep it going with a prequel.

Last edited:
i try. i really do. but i cannot be bothered to watch tv/streaming content any more.

even when I am legitimately interested in something coming out I just don't get around to it and by that time my desire drops off significantly.

its this oversaturation. when every thing put out is intended to milk the hype, attention/time, and wallets of audiences.

Top Bottom