• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

‘The Walking Dead’ – Season 6, Part 2 – Sundays on AMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
6duyKju.jpg

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ah, thank you for this. Excellent news. Do you have a link?

How quickly is Negan’s victim going to be revealed? Are you guys going to take care of that pretty much right away?

Obviously, we’ll find out in the first episode. Truthfully, in terms of the structure of it, we’re still editing it right now. We’re still playing around with that particular episode. It’s not finished yet so I really can’t say.

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/07/20/walking-dead-new-characters-season-7

NBtoaster

I'm guessing the immediate aftermath of the last scene will not be shown and there will be a time jump a couple months into life under Negan. Each character will slowly be reintroduced and vaguely talk about what happened. Then at the end of the episode there will be a shot of a grave or something to reveal it. Gotta keep viewer attention until the very end.

Basketball

Just finished watching

I know it's not Coral but I wish it was

Or Tyreese sister ... Maybe .. hopefully

Nah its Abraham no doubt.. foreshadowing is too much (chick drama,baby talk)

Tired of boring characters like Coral and the sister, Rosita.

But if it is Daryll , they might as well cancel the show.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
‘Talking Dead’: AMC Sets Live Special Following ‘Walking Dead’ Season 7 Premiere

AMC will air a 90-minute live special edition of Talking Dead on Sunday, October 23 following The Walking Dead‘s Season 7 premiere. The after-show will feature 12 cast members who appeared in the final scene from the Season 6 finale, along with executive producers Scott M. Gimple and Robert Kirkman.

In addition, fans will have the opportunity to win free tickets to a screening of The Walking Dead Season 7 premiere episode at 6 PM PT (live with the East Coast airing) and Talking Dead taping, hosted by Chris Hardwick, at Los Angeles’ Hollywood Forever Cemetery. The Talking Dead at Hollywood Forever ticket sweepstakes opens on Tuesday, October 4 at 7 AM ET at http://www.TalkingDeadSweeps.com.

Cmagus

Just finished watching the entire series yesterday. Now I get why everyone is getting so hyped about the new season that cliffhanger has me dying.

Azzanadra

To answer the "who died" question, I think it will be two or even three characters, First off,
Glen because I think they will want to adhere to the source material and make up for that bullshit fake out.
Then, one or two of these characters for added shock value: Abraham, Maggie, Sasha, Daryl.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
‘The Walking Dead’ Marathon To Highlight AMC’s FearFest

AMC’s FearFest served as a launching pad for its blockbuster series The Walking Dead, and the network will celebrate the programming event’s 20th anniversary with a lot more of the zombie apocalypse drama. The 19-day FearFest will include an 88-hour six-season catch-up marathon of every episode of The Walking Dead, a new two-hour retrospective special and the highly anticipated Season 7 premiere on October 23.

AMC Fearfest runs from Thursday, October 13 through Halloween night on October 31.

dustyherb

Pretty sure they said they're already planning for like 12+ seasons.
This is correct, they currently have at least a 12 season plan. Season 6 covered 100 issues and the next 6 should cover up to issue 200. That's at least what Kirkman said in one of the comic's letter hacks. Plus with Kirkman wanting to do at least 300 issues, that leaves them the ability to go more then 12 if the show was still doing well enough.

I honestly can't believe the season 7 premiere is right around the corner. I'm beyond excited to see all the upcoming comic material make it's way to the show. This first episode is going to be really rough tho. It was hard enough in the comics but seeing it on tv is going to be something else. I'm really not ready to lose any of these characters :(

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
This is correct, they currently have at least a 12 season plan. Season 6 covered 100 issues and the next 6 should cover up to issue 200. That's at least what Kirkman said in one of the comic's letter hacks. Plus with Kirkman wanting to do at least 300 issues, that leaves them the ability to go more then 12 if the show was still doing well enough.

I honestly can't believe the season 7 premiere is right around the corner. I'm beyond excited to see all the upcoming comic material make it's way to the show. This first episode is going to be really rough tho. It was hard enough in the comics but seeing it on tv is going to be something else. I'm really not ready to lose any of these characters :(
So stupid, I doubt they last that long.

Is Season 7 going to air in Sunday nights? At the same time as Westworld?
Yes I believe so.

Nameless

A little more than a week out, these 6 months have absolutely flown by. Looking forward to getting back to PeePee Pants City.

A little more than a week out, these 6 months have absolutely flown by. Looking forward to getting back to PeePee Pants City.

I haven't watched TWD as it airs since season 2. Going to try this year, we'll see how it works out, lol. But I'm also looking forward to it returning either way, nothing great on Sunday nights right now outside of Westworld which I'm still not sold on.

Nameless

I haven't watched TWD as it airs since season 2. Going to try this year, we'll see how it works out, lol. But I'm also looking forward to it returning either way, nothing great on Sunday nights right now outside of Westworld which I'm still not sold on.

You definitely should. This is one of the few non-premium channel shows I still watch live precisely because the threads are so fun.

And judging by the trailer and the sneak peak, Jeffrey Dean Morgan's performance alone should make this a great season.

Sorry for the dumb question but is the premier 90 minutes or the standard 60?
1. Hey HeySeuss!
2. Looks like it'll fun a few minutes longer according to this
According to the official AMC television schedule on the network’s website, there will be an additional 6 minutes included in episode 701 on October 23, 2016. That means that the episode will come to an end at 10:06 pm eastern time.
https://www.google.com/amp/undeadwa...-premiere-walking-dead-ama/amp/?client=safari
3. But we get a special 90 minute edition talking dead after

HeySeuss

1. Hey HeySeuss!
2. Looks like it'll fun a few minutes longer according to this
3. But we get a special 90 minute edition talking dead after

Thanks dude! That talking dead is going to be rough with all the cast. Hate that we don't get the offseason to come to grips with whoever gets killed off. Going to be an emotional season for sure. Can't wait, the threads are half the fun...lol

Thanks dude! That talking dead is going to be rough with all the cast. Hate that we don't get the offseason to come to grips with whoever gets killed off. Going to be an emotional season for sure. Can't wait, the threads are half the fun...lol
Ohh forsure. Having the offseason would have been nice to deal with the death. Gonna try not to feel sick when we see who it is......to help mitigate that I already kinda looked at the spoilers though lol. Should be a fun night

HeySeuss

Ohh forsure. Having the offseason would have been nice to deal with the death. Gonna try not to feel sick when we see who it is......to help mitigate that I already kinda looked at the spoilers though lol. Should be a fun night

I did too. And I'm not ok with it yet (if true) SPOILERS
Abraham is one of my favorite characters

dustyherb

I did too. And I'm not ok with it yet (if true) SPOILERS
Abraham is one of my favorite characters
I'm not okay with it yet either man. SHOW SPOILERS
Especially after Abe had such a strong season. He finally wants a kid with Sasha by the end and he has that emotional moment with Eugene accepting him as a survivor. It's definitely gonna suck :(

Zaph

The Walking Dead Instagram page teased something interesting for Season 7. Comic book readers will likely understand
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLkLKpxA4dF/

Wait, am I thinking of the right thing? That would mean (mild comic spoiler)
they're going to run the whisperers plot concurrently with the saviors? That would bring them up to date with the comics - so maybe they want to avoid the time skip?

Or is it something else?

they're going to run the whisperers plot concurrently with the saviors? That would bring them up to date with the comics - so maybe they want to avoid the time skip?

Or is it something else?
Definitely seems to be teasing
the Whisperers. I wouldn't be surprised if they treat them like the Wolves, and hint at them throughout the season before bringing them to the forefront later. The Whisperers in full force now would dilute the impact of Negan and the Saviors as the major villains this season

Alpende

Or is it something else?

I hope not.
The Whisperers deserve their own arc. More_Badass makes a good point too, having 2 villains takes away the attention from Negan and if they pull off Negan that would be a shame.

So is Judith basically some sort of key to the future? She's seemingly the only infant in the entire world and with Maggie's complications I'm wondering if the majority of women that are left are unable to bear a healthy child.

Remember Glenn was at the CDC building in S1.

So is Judith basically some sort of key to the future? She's seemingly the only infant in the entire world and with Maggie's complications I'm wondering if the majority of women that are left are unable to bear a healthy child.

Remember Glenn was at the CDC building in S1.
Does the story stuff outside of the group in S1 even count or matter anymore? In those days, walkers had memories of their life and were using tools, climbing fences, jogging at high speeds. Plans were different then

Does the story stuff outside of the group in S1 even count or matter anymore? In those days, walkers had memories of their life and were using tools, climbing fences, jogging at high speeds. Plans were different then

I dunno, there was a moment in S2 at the barn when Shane was asking about the walkers. Like how they were still able to move or function when he shot vital organs.

There was also the moment at the end of S2 (if I remember right) when Rick told them that Jenner said they were all infected.

But yea they've never really expanded upon it at all since then. Might be it was Darabont who was pushing for that and they decided to drop it since he left.

WaffleTaco

I dunno, there was a moment in S2 at the barn when Shane was asking about the walkers. Like how they were still able to move or function when he shot vital organs.

There was also the moment at the end of S2 (if I remember right) when Rick told them that Jenner said they were all infected.

But yea they've never really expanded upon it at all since then. Might be it was Darabont who was pushing for that and they decided to drop it since he left.
They probably dropped it because they knew it wasn't going to go anywhere since they will never find a cure and it's just not important to the story. It made sense in the early parts when they still didn't have a clue of how things worked.

dustyherb

It was Darabont. Once he left the walkers became normal like the comics. And ya they are all still infected as well. That hasn't changed.

^ Yea a cure will probably never happen but I dunno, maybe at the end game Judith will play some sort of factor in creating a vaccine or something. Both Rick and Laurie were infected when she was initially conceived and while Laurie was pregnant.

As I said earlier maybe she's some sort of fluke and no one else can have kids since the outbreak.

Quick question though, so about the guy with the burned face. So the people who were chasing him when he was with the two women weren't the saviors? Also wasn't he not with the biker gang group that got blown up by the rocket launcher so how'd he get the burnt face.

WaffleTaco

^ Yea a cure will probably never happen but I dunno, maybe at the end game Judith will play some sort of factor in creating a vaccine or something. Both Rick and Laurie were infected when she was initially conceived and while Laurie was pregnant.

As I said earlier maybe she's some sort of fluke and no one else can have kids since the outbreak.

Quick question though, so about the guy with the burned face. So the people who were chasing him when he was with the two women weren't the saviors? Also wasn't he not with the biker gang group that got blown up by the rocket launcher so how'd he get the burnt face.
Remember Maggie is pregnant, and the whole reason they were going to Hilltop in the season finale was because something was wrong with her.

The guy with the burned face was with the saviours, however he was trying to escape from them. He was not with the biker gang that got blown up, it is implied that he received the burned face as Punishment for trying to escape.

dustyherb

If Kirkman has his say I don't see a cure ever becoming a thing, it just isn't that kind of zombie story. But if the show wanted to do it, obviously Judith could be a way for them to go down that path I suppose. I personally hope they don't ever do anything with a cure tho. It just wouldn't feel right to me in this universe.
Also I'm pretty sure Judith came from Shane and Lori. There's no definite proof but Lori couldn't have had sex with Rick many times before she found out she was pregnant.

I don't think she's a fluke at all. I just think that 1. People are doing whatever they can to avoid having a kid. Abe was talking about doubling up when chatting with Glenn about having kids.
2. Sadly a lot of people would probably lose the baby/or the woman would die trying to give birth.
It would just be extremely difficult having a kid in that world. Especially if you didn't have a doctor, the correct supplies, etc. I'm sure there's more babies it's just extremely uncommon.

Dwight and the two girls were getting chased by the saviors. Correct he wasn't with the savior bikers. We haven't seen in the show how he gets the burnt face yet.

Remember Maggie is pregnant, and the whole reason they were going to Hilltop in the season finale was because something was wrong with her.

The guy with the burned face was with the saviours, however he was trying to escape from them. He was not with the biker gang that got blown up, it is implied that he received the burned face as Punishment for trying to escape.

Maggie has been giving off serious Dawn of the Dead (2004) zombie baby vibes.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Less than a week to go. My family's mentally preparing themselves. My grandmother watches this show; it's that popular
Personally I am going to skip it and spoil myself on who got killed before deciding if I want to watch this season.

We don't have cable, so this season we're just going to buy the season pass on PSN and watch the episodes that way, I think. If I do that, when will each episode be available to watch? Later that evening, or 24 hours later? Need to know how long we're going to have to dodge spoilers/silence phones/hide under rocks/ etc. lol

Really excited for the upcoming season, though. We just finished S6 on netflix a week or so ago, so we're pumped!

Nameless

We don't have cable, so this season we're just going to buy the season pass on PSN and watch the episodes that way, I think. If I do that, when will each episode be available to watch? Later that evening, or 24 hours later? Need to know how long we're going to have to dodge spoilers/silence phones/hide under rocks/ etc. lol

Really excited for the upcoming season, though. We just finished S6 on netflix a week or so ago, so we're pumped!

I'd recommend Vudu instead. Much better quality than Netflix which is generally higher quality than PS video. I bought the season pass for Mr. Robot and eps were usually up by afternoon the next day. Should be on sale too.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
They're doing it again!

‘Fear The Walking Dead: Passage’ Web Series Set At AMC

AMC is rolling out a new season of its Fear The Walking Dead web series. The first installment of the 16-part Fear The Walking Dead: Passage series is currently live on the AMC website.

The episode will air during one commercial break within The Walking Dead Season 7 premiere episode on Sunday, October 23. Subsequent episodes of Passage, each less than one-minute long, will debut every Sunday, online and then on-air as promos during new episodes of The Walking Dead, for the duration of Season 7.

The second season of webisodes follows a fearsome survivor, Sierra (Kelsey Scott), who agrees to help an injured woman, Gabi (Mishel Prada), in exchange for an apocalyptic sanctuary. Over the course of their harrowing journey, the women go on to face many dangers and learn what they need to survive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom