• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

666 Park Avenue |OT| Enjoy it while it lasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
666_Park_Avenue.jpg

So there's a show called 666 Park Avenue. Terry O'Quinn is in it. It's on ABC Sundays at 10pm.

The third episode has already aired, and this show is good enough it deserves an OT. So here it is.

So far, it's my favorite new show of the 2012-2013 season.

13 episodes have been ordered. Probably all we'll get.

And now we discuss.

My wife's nuts over this show. But yeah, that time slot's a bitch. She's only catching it cause we DVR it. The episode I did watch looked interesting enough that I'll probably finish out most of the season with her.

Leeness

I really like this show. It's fun. And Terry O'Quinn <3

I haven't seen the last episode yet (PVR'd), but I'll get to it tomorrow.

And yeah...sad we'll probably only get the initial order. I hope they kind of resolve what the Dorans are after.

Its just such an odd mix of influences...

The Devil's Advocate meets The Shining meets... Melrose Place?!

2 outta 3 isn't so bad I guess...

Another interesting episode. Hard to know where everything is going.

One thing I hated was report girl. Your first reaction t escaping is not to call 911? Really?

Fusebox

Banned
I've been watching this on Hulu and I absolutely love it, easily my favourite new show in ages. Each episode sucks me in like a good movie. Great cast too.

Tawpgun

My friend lives in that building in Manhattan. It's right off the W72nd street subway station.

Because of this show, going back home freaks her out :p

Tawpgun

Is the building full of smoking-hot chicks in real life too?

Only been there once, don't know :p

Though all the scenes showing the rooms/interior are filmed elsewhere.

Only the exterior of the building and lobby are from the one in Manhattan.

EulaCapra

The show is somehow doing worse than last year's time slot contestant, the visually delightful and equally charming Pan Am. Moment of silence for their set and costume designs...

I'm hopeful that ABC notices their 10pm Sunday timeslot is equally as deadly as their Thursday 8pm slot now, that this show as well as Last Resort are ranking in as some of the better new dramas, and that ABC contract players Terry O'Quinn and Vanessa Williams seem to be pulling in their usual compelling performances.

Would suck for Aussie Rachael Taylor who plays the main character if the show got canceled since it seems ABC is grooming her to be the next big ABC star after recurring on Grey's Anatomy and starring on Charlie's Angels.

The show is somehow doing worse than last year's time slot contestant, the visually delightful and equally charming Pan Am. Moment of silence for their set and costume designs...

I'm hopeful that ABC notices their 10pm Sunday timeslot is equally as deadly as their Thursday 8pm slot now, that this show as well as Last Resort are ranking in as some of the better new dramas, and that ABC contract players Terry O'Quinn and Vanessa Williams seem to be pulling in their usual compelling performances.

Would suck for Aussie Rachael Taylor who plays the main character if the show got canceled since it seems ABC is grooming her to be the next big ABC star after recurring on Grey's Anatomy and starring on Charlie's Angels.

Im mainly watching this for Rachael Taylor because shes so DAMN HOT

Saty

I just don't get what's the story is here. Gavin is pulling his magic strings and gets everything fall in the right place. The rest are oblivious while he's turning Henry to his side.

If he can give someone the power of turning everything she writes into real then why isn't Gavin taking those shortcuts? And that writer is stupid. She has that power and she knows what she writes turns real but instead of just sending her editor a correction 'Kadinsky's piece was made up. There's no such man alive to our knowledge' and have her problems go away she gets entangled even more.

Don't know what's the show's focus. Watching it just for Taylor anyhow.

I highly enjoyed the halloween episodes, last night was just ok.

I think there was a scene in the "previously on" that wasnt actually in last weeks episode (where she says what do you mean there was no body). Thats weird.

Interesting twist at the end.

Saty

....but Henry was in the elevator with Kramer in the Halloween ep...he glanced at him several times; exchanged words. Yet no word from him when he sees his picture in the old newspaper. 'Wait, that guy was with is in the elevator; i saw him. You're not crazy Jane!'.

What's the deal with shows not giving a shred of respect to viewers and their own work one episode ago? Disgusting. Plus, Kramer had to have been caught by one of the security cams.

....but Henry was in the elevator with Kramer in the Halloween ep...he glanced at him several times; exchanged words. Yet no word from him when he sees his picture in the old newspaper. 'Wait, that guy was with is in the elevator; i saw him. You're not crazy Jane!'.

What's the deal with shows not giving a shred of respect to viewers and their own work one episode ago? Disgusting. Plus, Kramer had to have been caught by one of the security cams.

That bothered me too.

Also, why did she run to the basement instead of the crowded lobby?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/666-park-avenue-does-mother-nature-want-the-show-cancelled-25375/

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2012/11/666-park-avenue-sets-heavily-damaged-by-hurricane-sandy.html

In short, the sets for the show were badly damaged during Hurricane Sandy and it'll take 3 weeks or so to get everything rebuilt. They've also said that they might shoot the show elsewhere for now. Some sites are wondering whether ABC would just cancel the show.

I've only watch 2 episodes so far and it seems interesting enough. Hope ABC completes at least its full season. Robert Buckley is so hot XD.

Fusebox

Banned
Son of a bitch.

I can't believe this show was getting such low ratings considering how successful some of the other shit is on TV at the moment, and I can't believe their set got wiped. It must be damn disheartening to work on that show right now.

Son of a bitch.

I can't believe this show was getting such low ratings considering how successful some of the other shit is on TV at the moment, and I can't believe their set got wiped. It must be damn disheartening to work on that show right now.

Well, if the rest of the series takes place in the hatch, theyre all good.

Son of a bitch.

I saw the 1st episode, I can believe it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
666 Park Avenue Tweaking Final Episodes to Give Fans Closure

Despite ABC pulling the plug on the show last week, the brains behind the show tell TVLine that they were given enough time to turn their swan song into series a finale.

"666 exec producers David Wilcox and Matt Miller, tease that their Sunday spookfest “is building to a powerful and surprising series finale, where all your questions will be answered. We hope fans of the show continue watching all the way to the end of Jane and Henry’s incredible journey to the dark side.”

desh

This show is amazing. Better than that POS Once Upon a Time (acting is horrible) and it's better than Revenge (plot line is getting a little thin, and it's become more of a soap opera than a drama). I think it suffers being on after 2 drams, that's 3 straight hours of drama. Really ABC? Really?

desh

I can't believe no ine is watching this! I swear it's the best show on network television. Oh well, I can take solace in the fact that it won't get drawn out and get crappy. It's more of a mini series now.

Per TVLine, the final four episodes of 666 Park Avenue, which was canceled last fall, will air Saturday at 9PM from June 22 to July 13. 666 Park Avenue will have the burn off of another canceled series, Zero Hour, as its lead-in. Two episodes of Zero Hour will air from 810PM on June 15. It will then air Saturdays at 8PM from June 22 to August 3. ABC missed a golden opportunity to have a Saturday night line-up entirely of canceled shows with numbers in the title by relegating the unaired episodes of Don't Trust The B in Apartment 23 to ABC. com and other online streaming sites.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...urdays-at-9pm-on-abc-starting-june-22/183479/

I assume Hulu gets them as well

LQX

My DVR recorded an episode last night. I deleted as I thought it would be old. Was it new?

demolitio

My DVR recorded an episode last night. I deleted as I thought it would be old. Was it new?

Luckily, they are. It's one of the few times where we get to actually see a conclusion rather than the rushed endings they plan after an early cancellation. They're also doing Zero Hour on Saturdays if you're into that.

I actually really liked this show and my whole family was pissed to see it go. Mysterious conspiracy shows never last these days and the writers need to accept the fact that it's better to wrap the major plot up in one season and just think of the next if they're really lucky. No one has the patience for these types of shows anymore and I thought this one was really well done compared to Zero Hour and the likes so it's just sad to see that it had no chance.

I wonder if people will have the patience for Under The Dome now. Maybe the Stephen King name will keep people more inclined to tune in to figure it out but I lost all hope for these types of shows anymore. The market has changed... :(

desh

Yeah, I thought this show was really good. That being said, these last two episodes feel like they are being rushed.

Luckily, they are. It's one of the few times where we get to actually see a conclusion rather than the rushed endings they plan after an early cancellation. They're also doing Zero Hour on Saturdays if you're into that.

I wonder if people will have the patience for Under The Dome now. Maybe the Stephen King name will keep people more inclined to tune in to figure it out but I lost all hope for these types of shows anymore. The market has changed... :(

Do No harm and Brooklyn DA are also airing new episodes on Saturdays. Making it the only night with four new scripted shows airing.

Under the Dome has been the biggest hit of the season. The ratings have blown everything away.

demolitio

Do No harm and Brooklyn DA are also airing new episodes on Saturdays. Making it the only night with four new scripted shows airing.

Under the Dome has been the biggest hit of the season. The ratings have blown everything away.

At least they're airing some of the shows on Saturday instead of not even bothering airing the ones already shot. It'd be funny if they somehow got good ratings on Saturday and confused the networks.

I didn't get a chance to look into UTD's ratings so thanks for the info. I'm glad it's doing well and I hope it can keep people interested since I know a few friends who will give up on it after a few episodes if their questions aren't answered. It's like they can't even wait for the payoff anymore no matter how gratifying it might be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom