• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Girl - Season 2 |OT| Tuesdays on FOX

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

EElR+

SCHEDULE

Season 2 begins with a two episode premier on Tuesday, 9/25 at 8 and 9 PM ET/PT.

uO3s+

LINKS

SEASON 2 PREVIEW

On April 9, 2012, Fox renewed New Girl for a second season, due to start airing on September 25, 2012.[6][31] Niecy Nash, David Walton and Eric Winter have been signed on as guest stars for the second season, with Walton as a possible recurring role as Jess' potential love interest.[32] Rachael Harris will also reprise her role as Jess' boss, Tayna Lamontagne.[32] Raymond J. Barry will guest star as "Older Nick" — an older drunk man who frequents Nick’s bar, claiming to be Nick — from the future.[33] Parker Posey will guest star as a love interest for Schmidt in the season premiere, Leslie Mann was originally cast in the role, but pulled out due to a scheduling conflict.[34] Maria Thayer will guest star in the Halloween episode, as Amelia, a woman who once broke Nick's heart.[35] Carla Gugino will guest star in a three-episode stint as Schmidt's new boss.[36] Both Jamie Lee Curtis and Rob Reiner will guest star as Jess' parents in the Thanksgiving episode.[37] Rob Riggle will also guest star as Schmidt's cousin in the Thanksgiving episode.[38] Dale Murphy is also set to guest star.

VIDEOS

PHOTOS

6AVK+

KFXb+

Thank you. Was thinking of doing this as well since no one else jumped on it yet.

And to those that havent seen it, Schmidt's book is out now.
185877390.JPG

Some great stuff in there.

Those ugly posters just reminded me how much I dislike Nick.

Go collect your tears in a jar. Nick is awesome.

But I can see why people hate him.

Also, WTF at the DVD coming out a week after the show starts back? Odd. I was impatient and bought it off iTunes the other week and marathoned it. Picked up on so many things I never saw or heard the first time.

Woot can't wait!

zooey_awkward_dancinguzs74.gif
zooey_awkward_dancingrjsin.gif

Now GIF the unwanted high five Nick gives the landlord at the end of the scene.

freshair

I find it unreal how quick of a turn around this show went from "look at this quirky this girl is in this funny situation!" into something that is genuinely funny with clever writing.

That being said, I hope they they expand on Winston's character because I feel like he's not really doing anything and is just "there".

I'm still amazed this show not only turned into something good after a fucking awful beginning, but also managed to become pretty loveable. Can't wait for the premiere.

SJRB

Gold Member
Yeah, he was the best bit of the pilot. The guy who replaced him turns out to be great, though.

Haha I thought he was great as well. I accidentally stumbled upon the pilot while flicking channels and he was easily my favourite character.

So when I found out he was gone the second episode I kind of stopped watching the show alltogether.

God I cant believe how excited I am to see this tonight since i was so dismissive of it before it aired last year.

Schmidt is one of the best written comedy characters on TV right now.

ivysaur12

Banned
The show still has a ton of work to do re: Winston, even CeCe, but I'm happy it's back. Kinda weird that I'll be watching Go On, New Girl, and Happy Endings. Haven't had a time slot battle that bad in a while.

The show still has a ton of work to do re: Winston, even CeCe, but I'm happy it's back. Kinda weird that I'll be watching Go On, New Girl, and Happy Endings. Haven't had a time slot battle that bad in a while.

genuine question: how do you watch so many shows? do you work in the field? I always read your name in these topics and you are mentioned in the Fall Season thread a few times.
And: Why do I think that you are 19, 20 or something? is that correct?

GusBus

Wooh! Can't wait. Such a delightful show with really well done characters. The writing is icing on the cake.

ivysaur12

Banned
genuine question: how do you watch so many shows? do you work in the field? I always read your name in these topics and you are mentioned in the Fall Season thread a few times.
And: Why do I think that you are 19, 20 or something? is that correct?

I actually watch fairly few shows these days, I just happen to love Happy Endings, like New Girl a lot, and enjoy what's I've seen so far of Go On.

I watch quite a few shows and keep up with them. I just don't post in as many threads. And many of the shows don't really get much discussion in GAF either.

Redux

Banned
Don't see how anyone finds Zooey Deschanel humorous. All she does is talk in a condescending tone, and try to be "quirky."

Guzim

Nick really grew on me. He's great when he's extremely pathetic.

"Be optimistic. Learn. We’re all gonna die alone, so..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom