• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bones: Season 8 thread of the longest courtship you've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdt

01_Bones_Cast_Promotional_photo.jpg

Well, it came back on last night. This show is lots of fun, charming, really funny, and watching David Boreanez is always fun.

Will report back when I finish the new episode.

gdt

Great first episode back. Got everyone back together, but the main baddie is still on the loose. He's such a great villain.

Awwww man, I completely forgot this was on last night. I will watch it today now then. I'm curious is anyone knows this: I know that they actually taped several episodes for Season 7 after more episodes were ordered, but they never ended up airing. Is this why maybe it doesn't have the full closure all of you are seemingly looking for?

gdt

Awwww man, I completely forgot this was on last night. I will watch it today now then. I'm curious is anyone knows this: I know that they actually taped several episodes for Season 7 after more episodes were ordered, but they never ended up airing. Is this why maybe it doesn't have the full closure all of you are seemingly looking for?

Those will mostly definitely be standalone episodes they'll throw in somewhere after last night's premiere. This season will be 26 episodes. 22 + 4.

Edit: I see that episode 3 will be one of those. It's easy to tell by the production code for the episode.

Dany

Banned
They all look so old now. I stopped after zack became a cannibal. Are bones and the other dude together?

Carlisle

Wife loves this show. We got hooked on it living in Japan. It was one of the few American shows broadcast on basic TV in English. When we got back, we got all caught up with Netflix. It's got that NCIS appeal. A bit over dramatic at times, the plots and sciences don't always make complete sense, but it's so addictive.

Didn't they say they were going to air a handful of episodes over the summer that got bumped off due to the short season? I went through Hulu and didn't see anything new up there.

Great first episode back. Got everyone back together, but the main baddie is still on the loose. He's such a great villain.

Yep, it was pretty awesome. I'm glad the show is back. It's probably my favorite procedural drama of all time.

gdt

2nd episode was good too. Funny and all that.

On one hand it'd be interesting if it didn't work out between Booth and Bones, but I'm not sure if that can happen, and besides, fans would burn down the fox building.

I wonder how they decide to create drama for that relationship this season. Maybe the marriage thing. And they still have that big bad poking around.

Shadow780

Emily needs to show more her delicious post-birth assets. I hope the computer nemesis comes back, the show doesn't feel right without a main villain.

Yes I will not forgive how they botched Gormogon storyline.

Bazza

Love Bones, it can be a little hit or miss but most the episodes are good. The gravedigger episode "Aliens in a Spaceship" is one of my favourite episodes of any TV show.

gdt

Funny episode last night.

The Sweets storyline was particularly strong, I really hope that agent shows up again.

Meier

Funny episode last night.

The Sweets storyline was particularly strong, I really hope that agent shows up again.

My fiancee wasn't a huge fan of his "cheating" and Angela's encouragement (in her opinion) for him to do so. The agent was the female lead in Piranha 3DD if anyone was curious.

Good episode.

gdt

WTF kind of episode was that last night? 9/11, 9/11 stories, homeless vets, Islamic tolerance, all rolled up into one.

Seems like it aired a week too late.

Edit: Not that it wasn't a good episode. The tears flowed freely at the end.

WTF kind of episode was that last night? 9/11, 9/11 stories, homeless vets, Islamic tolerance, all rolled up into one.

Really liked the episode but yeah I think the original schedule has this one airing the day before the election but things got pushed back a week because of the hurricane

Oh man, it was so sappy. Not that it didn't work. But shiiiiiiiiiiiiii, at the start of the episode, I assumed it'd be hilarious with all the interns screwing each other over.

And then they go for the most depressing episode of Bones in a long time. It's like a "A Very Special" episode of Bones on crack.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
So, what the fuck is going on with this season?

Is the plan really to:
turn Brennan into a less logical more emotion driven persona? and using being a mom as the catalyst for such a change?

If that is the case I'll probably stop watching it.

gdt

Okay this is back now. Two episodes on Monday.

Sweet lawwwwwwwwd Bones's boobs have gotten huge since she had a kid.

Xiaoki

Bones was my favorite investigation show until Pelant became the main villain.

He's too much a "God" villain. He can do anything, go anywhere and be anyone.

When he carved fractal code into a bone to hack a computer I knew that my time with Bones was short.

1-D_FTW

Bones was my favorite investigation show until Pelant became the main villain.

He's too much a "God" villain. He can do anything, go anywhere and be anyone.

When he carved fractal code into a bone to hack a computer I knew that my time with Bones was short.

Yeah. I'm debating whether to end watching right now. I guess I know why Hollywood does this garbage (based on the people who thought it was great), but that's one of the worst TV episodes I've ever seen.

I'm not going to type a 1000 word rant on how stupid it was, but if people actually think about what was supposed to just happen and go through all of these steps, it's just mind-blowingly stupid. On top of what you just said, this is my issue:

He's genuinely shocked they've spotted his location? Okay. But why? He intentionally must have wanted to get trapped into a building or why else would he have set up the money or life "game"? This doesn't work in any other location but there. Only so many places control drones (although I was unaware private contractors were running these too. Seems fucking unlikely. It's not like it requires foot soldiers in harms way you'd want to contract out).

Then there's the fact he gets half his fucking skull blown off. Um... okay. So he walks into a vet(?), kills the guy, and reconstructs his own skull? If this wasn't the case, why didn't the doctor just stealth dial 9-1-1 before he was finished (since he had to known he'd get killed at the end). And this was assuming he wasn't put out first.

"Suspension of disbelief." No. When things get this get this stupid, I don't grant suspension of disbelief. I ask myself if I ever want to watch such dribble again.

DBT85

I've not seen the latest eps yet but my wife and I are getting tired of Angela as a character.

Anyone else feel the same?

Meier

So I guess there was never a Season 9 thread? Kind of a dumb cliffhanger but whatever, they'll clear him with the data that the FBI thinks was expunged.

I think that music at the end was the same thing they use in the Tyrant teaser commercial. Saving a little cash. :lol

So I guess there was never a Season 9 thread? Kind of a dumb cliffhanger but whatever, they'll clear him with the data that the FBI thinks was expunged.

I think that music at the end was the same thing they use in the Tyrant teaser commercial. Saving a little cash. :lol
Yeah this show just isn't that great any more but my wife and I still watch. I thought the finale was pretty weak, oh well, is next year the last? It probably needs to be, the show is way past the prime years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom