• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zack Snyder on bots being used to spam WB for the SnyderCut: ‘It doesn’t matter. The movie got made.’

ManaByte

Gold Member

And this is why he’s blacklisted from every major studio and will spend the rest of his career making direct to DVD movies for Netflix.

He also defends Amber Turd in the interview.

Context:

What was he supposed to respond, "I know and that is why i made the movie painfully long and boring, because good things never come to those who cheat" ?
Winning Bill Hader GIF by Saturday Night Live

And this is why he’s blacklisted from every major studio and will spend the rest of his career making direct to DVD movies for Netflix.

Context:

The fact he defends Amber Turd makes me like him even less

Context:

Black listed? When? Why?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
eh. everything on twitter is boosted by bots. everything.

the snydercut was amazing and a great victory for people who wanted to see an artist's true vision not butchered by a toxic piece of shit hack like Joss Whedon. it gave us arguably one of the most iconic superhero moments in the final flash sequence, and was still a million times better than the trash WB and Marvel have put out since.

really dont understand the hate snyder cut fans get. at first people denied that there was even a snyder cut. everything bad about the movie was blamed on snyder. then they were proven wrong after we saw just how much was cut, and now instead of admitting they were wrong, people are still calling snyder a hack? i dont understand.

Hugare

Read the Rolling Stone article in the OP. He didn’t just burn bridges, he nuked them from orbit.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

I read the whole thing and didnt find shit about him being blacklisted

He is making a original project at the moment, that he envisioned himself, while having hundred of millions in budget.

I think he is fine. I doubt that he is sending his resume around to get some work.

If making high budget movies for Netflix means that you are done, I guess Fincher and Scorsese are also fucked.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
That’s coming. Kevin Smith has been showing it publicly for months. WB is going to release it.

And that too, will make a bad movie slightly less bad...

Let's face it, one person has got Batman right in 35 years. And even he cocked it up in the third movie.

...maybe Reeves has got it right too, but the jury is still out on his version I think.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
really dont understand the hate snyder cut fans get. at first people denied that there was even a snyder cut. everything bad about the movie was blamed on snyder. then they were proven wrong after we saw just how much was cut, and now instead of admitting they were wrong, people are still calling snyder a hack? i dont understand.

The Snyder cut itself was okay. But the bullshit surrounding it was fucked up. The toxicity of those idiots on social media was a blight, and Snyder egged them on. Not great.

Let's face it, there was no one innocent in that entire multi-movie, multi-year debacle. Both Snyder and the WB execs share the blame on the mess the DCEU became.

Last edited:

violence

I heard one day they will release the David Schultz cut of Back to the future. Maybe they’re waiting until he dies.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
eh. everything on twitter is boosted by bots. everything.

the snydercut was amazing and a great victory for people who wanted to see an artist's true vision not butchered by a toxic piece of shit hack like Joss Whedon. it gave us arguably one of the most iconic superhero moments in the final flash sequence, and was still a million times better than the trash WB and Marvel have put out since.

Well I don't know why indeed. Some people are on a crusade against him of his fans for whatever reason.
ManaByte ManaByte for example said, before the release, that The Snyder Cut was not different than the Whedon version, just longer. He insulted me (cock sucker, dick rider and other stuff) for calling him out when shitting on Snyder & his fans and then got backed by a mod.

And, as you can see here, he don't miss an occasion to keep shitting on Snyder. Like WB never used bots to promote anything, right? This, if it ever happened and is true, was for a good cause and we got an amazing movie so fuck WB for what they did.
On the other hand I see no mention of the money his fans have raised

F8VQ0TuXsAEviFU

Which fandom can say the same?

Any quote from the article that says so?

'Cause I read it and havent found something like this, seriously
You won't find anything because it's just assumption. There is absolutely no proof of anything. And even if that's true, just look at the number of supposed bots, it's like 12% or something like that. Contrast it with any other massive campaign using bots (like movie studios do with every major film) and you'll see that it is a very low %.

The Snyder cut itself was okay. But the bullshit surrounding it was fucked up. The toxicity of those idiots on social media was a blight, and Snyder egged them on. Not great.

Let's face it, there was no one innocent in that entire multi-movie, multi-year debacle. Both Snyder and the WB execs share the blame on the mess the DCEU became.
Yeah we know, we're bad for wanting this movie. What do you think about the people who said it doesn't exist, who made fun of his dead daughter? Why not call them out? Toxicity in fandom is not exclusive to Snyder fans, far from it.
Being a fan of Snyder in Reddit for example can lead to seeing this kind of stuff:

image.png

Like... WTF is this? Who in his right mind can post this? Also quick reminder:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

The bullshit stemmed mostly from people who called us crazy nutjobs for simply saying that A LOT of shit was cut out. This is before all the stuff started leaking. I remember getting so much shit for simply saying that the trailers had scenes missing from the movie, but I figured whatever, this happens to a lot of movies so lets move on.

But then when the snydercut movement started unearthing leaked footage, unfinished vfx and other things that proved the version we got was not even remotely close to what Snyder shot, I was like ok there is something there. but simply saying that was met with this level of disdain and dismissiveness i rarely get on message boards. Like i was crazy for simply believing what i saw with my own eyes.

before that, I never heard any toxicity around the snydercut. It was mostly a bunch of nerds who were fascinated by cut scenes. Then they started getting hate and thats when it turned into a shitshow.

In retrospect, they were right. The movie was completely different and butchered by WB and Joss Whedon. Time proved them right. And thus, the hate they got initially was undeserved.

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I was wondering why everyone wanted this version.

Because the theatrical version was cut up and reshot by Joss Whedon ... Cutting out and kinda reshaping the narrative... Like Cyborg is no longer a major part of the story, Flash falls on WW's boobs, injecting jokes where they made no sense, changing Steppenwolf look more human, etc... the bare bones of the story is the same, it's just HOW they go about telling it is a bit different and condensed.

Toons

Man Body GIF

Snyder with the only true answer

Who cares? WB paid 40M for him to finish the movie and made 650M in return one week after launch

Fans loved the movie and it was, imo, Snyder best movie in I dont even know how long

Thats not saying much but its still wrong. He still hasn't even exceeded his Owls of Gahoole movie lol.

So everyone won

Except DC fans who have bad to watch these characters become so disrespected onscreen that Superman hasn't had a film in a decade, WWs last film flopped hard with no new film in the horizon, Flash is basically tarnished onscreen for good and even an excellent Batman movie without the shackles of the shared universe got outgrows by Black Panther....'s supporting cast

DC films aren't in a good place now and Snyder set them on this path. He was the wrong choice to lead this universe. Man of Steel was decent but BvS was off the rails and he never recovered.

Last edited:

Toons

Well I don't know why indeed. Some people are on a crusade against him of his fans for whatever reason.
ManaByte ManaByte for example said, before the release, that The Snyder Cut was not different than the Whedon version, just longer. He insulted me (cock sucker, dick rider and other stuff) for calling him out when shitting on Snyder & his fans and then got backed by a mod.

And, as you can see here, he don't miss an occasion to keep shitting on Snyder. Like WB never used bots to promote anything, right? This, if it ever happened and is true, was for a good cause and we got an amazing movie so fuck WB for what they did.
On the other hand I see no mention of the money his fans have raised

F8VQ0TuXsAEviFU

Which fandom can say the same?

You won't find anything because it's just assumption. There is absolutely no proof of anything. And even if that's true, just look at the number of supposed bots, it's like 12% or something like that. Contrast it with any other massive campaign using bots (like movie studios do with every major film) and you'll see that it is a very low %.

Yeah we know, we're bad for wanting this movie. What do you think about the people who said it doesn't exist, who made fun of his dead daughter? Why not call them out? Toxicity in fandom is not exclusive to Snyder fans, far from it.
Being a fan of Snyder in Reddit for example can lead to seeing this kind of stuff:

image.png

Like... WTF is this? Who in his right mind can post this? Also quick reminder:

Its funny because that whole line about his daughters death started being pushed by dudes who were previously supporting Snyder after he embarrassed a bunch of the clowns on stream.

I will never call him a great filmmaker but I respect his conviction and commitment to his ideals. Its a shame what happened to his daughter.

Klosshufvud

Why are people still so asshurt that ZSJL got made? It's embarrassing. Every single metric shows fans enjoyed Snyder's version more. The hate crusade against Snyder is ridiculous. There are no bots involved in shilling Marvel movies for instance? Ridiculous. Bots are an inherent part of the Internet, no matter the subject. Snyder's dismissive response is prudent. No reason to engage in this stupid demeaning conversation. They want him to say his fans are shit and also bots. What other director/studio even gets those accusations thrown at them?

Top Bottom