• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Dark Side of Dimensions 2nd Teaser Streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wshKFmiaYtQ

The official website for the upcoming Yu-Gi-Oh!: The Dark Side of Dimensions anime film began streaming the second teaser trailer for the film on Friday.

The video reveals that those who pre-order tickets to the film starting on Saturday will receive a Blue Eyes White Dragon card. The card is limited to 200,000 copies. Those who pre-order tickets starting on March 5 will receive a different as-yet unrevealed present.
RIqdXw5.png

Additionally, those who see the film during different weeks will also receive specific cards:

iIx0XUV.png

April 23-29 - Gandora X the Dragon of Destruction card
April 30-May 6 - Lord Gaia the Fierce Knight card
May 7-13 - Lemon Magician Girl card
May 14-20 - secret card
ANN
Official Site

Story Details

By completing the Millennium Puzzle, Yugi Muto awoke another personality inside himself, called “Yami Yugi”. Along with Seto Kaiba, the president of Kaiba Corporation, reigned as the pinnacle of Duelists, and their various friends and allies, both Yugis fought in many battles tied to the ancient past. Ultimately Yugi and Yami Yugi were forced to fight against one another, and in the end they bid farewell to one another as they walked their own separate paths… … …

Then, after their final Duel with Yami Yugi, Yugi and his friends returned to their normal lives.

But then a mysterious boy named “Aigami” appears before them.

As a series of cases of people disappearing happen one after another across the entire planet.

And Kaiba single-mindedly searches for the Millennium Puzzle.

When all the pieces of the puzzle are reunited, the Duels shall begin again!
YGOrganization

Looks so good! Wish Dark Magician and Blue-Eyes had their original designs though.

They'll most likely show up
gKQtEl0.jpg

and Kaiba's Blue-Eyes Alternative White Dragon (the new design) has an effect where you reveal a Blue-Eyes White Dragon in your hand to special summon it.

Sealed

Banned
animation for the monsters looks pretty slick

"older" Yugi design is also pretty slick

i'll give it a watch

The art style seemed off at times but then it got back to what I know and love. Is that Stonehenge? First Egypt, next Atlantis and now Stonehenge, seems appropriate...

Story Details

By completing the Millennium Puzzle, Yugi Muto awoke another personality inside himself, called “Yami Yugi”. Along with Seto Kaiba, the president of Kaiba Corporation, reigned as the pinnacle of Duelists, and their various friends and allies, both Yugis fought in many battles tied to the ancient past. Ultimately Yugi and Yami Yugi were forced to fight against one another, and in the end they bid farewell to one another as they walked their own separate paths… … …

Then, after their final Duel with Yami Yugi, Yugi and his friends returned to their normal lives.

But then a mysterious boy named “Aigami” appears before them.

As a series of cases of people disappearing happen one after another across the entire planet.

And Kaiba single-mindedly searches for the Millennium Puzzle.

When all the pieces of the puzzle are reunited, the Duels shall begin again!
YGOrganization

Awwww shit I am so in. Never cared for the show after the classic characters/storyline ended, but theyre back and so am I!

So after the events of the ending Kaiba fully appreciates the power of the millennium items and is after the puzzle. Makes enough sense.

Rymuth

That ain't MY Blue Eyes White Dragon, hrrrmph. :/

Back in my day, we had a W. Dragon with no special effects and we liked it!

kaiba's been a cheating loser since his first ever appearance

woah woah, it's not Kaiba's fault the writer(s) keep screwing up the rules whenever he duels.

So what he summoned 3 blue eyes out of nowhere on the same turn, everyone seemed fine with it so I assume "in universe" he was playing by the rules. Plus he was possessed by a fat ghost thing, cut the man some slack.

Sicious

Neo Member
Yes! i'm amazed how they're doing a movie of this after so many years after the anime. Can't wait to see it.

Kito

The guy with the dark blue hair looked like the 5D protagonist, but I'm relieved to learn it's a new character from the wiki. Strictly OG, no sequel crap :)

Fj0823

Is the movie really gonna stick to tribute/fusion/ritual summoning?

If it does, every single card in the movie will probably be trash-tier in the real game.

There is nothing wrong with updating old cards with new mechanic support,Like this for example:

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
That's just the tip of the Iceberg...the next booster pack makes Blue-Eyes a freaking crazy Synchro/Fusion Deck with the new Blue-Eyed Mages

I never got their power up->neuter->power up cycle. Blue eyes was already stupid easy to get out, then they limited red eyes and banned future fusion.

Hexa

If it does, every single card in the movie will probably be trash-tier in the real game.

If they released a new deck that utilized only OG mechanics but was competitive with modern stuff that would be amazing and considering the hype this movie is getting with the old crowd would probably generate a good amount of sales.
I have an OG burn deck that I can win consistently with on Duel Network, so its not impossible.

Sou Da

There is nothing wrong with updating old cards with new mechanic support,Like this for example:

From the look of it I thought it was going to introduce a new mechanic entirely.

Doesn't this kind of throw off the OG/GX/5Ds timeline if it does?

Hexa

From the look of it I thought it was going to introduce a new mechanic entirely.

Doesn't this kind of throw off the OG/GX/5Ds timeline if it does?

I think it throws off the dimension structure actually if I understand things correctly. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom