• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your favorite radio station?

My two favourite oldies stations went under within the span of a few months. KZQZ in St Louis and then Kya in San Francisco. I think KZQZ was back in March or April then KYA was in June or July. If anyone knows some great Goldie oldies stations let me know!

I generally float between Outlaw Country, Liquid Metal, Shade 45 and Rural Radio when i'm in the truck.
*XM radio channels

Last edited:

Kev Kev

talk radio. not that NPR shit, mostly comedy... however, when NPR isnt being woke and biased, they sometimes havce some good interviews and stuff.

D

Deleted member 801069

Unconfirmed Member
oziAQwh.png

TaySan

Banned
I don't listen to the radio. I just use Bluetooth and play youtube/bandcamp music over my 4G connection. :) Much better selection of music to choose from.

Dark Star

I don't listen to the radio much these days, because Bluetooth/Youtube and Spotify podcasts is a thing, but I obviously grew up with it. When I got my first car I had no choice but to listen to the radio (or play CD's). Classic rock and hard rock stations are what I usually like. In Houston that's 94.5 The Buzz and 106.9. Sunny 99.1 is good for nostalgic 80's/90's songs. I sometimes listened to the NPR talk show on 88.7, too.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
1049 the X. I listen to it online while working. 90's proof at noon always brings some unexpected classics and the station itself has a good chunk of new music I enjoy as well. I also loved listening to Carolina's Pure Rock but they started blocking it outside of the U.S. and I'm lazy to VPN it. I also love to listen to Lou Brutus harddrive xl at night

lock2k

Banned
A lot of folks don't understand people who like radio. To me, it's something that involves the personality of who is presenting and also the musical knowledge. Here in Brazil we have a program called Gasometro presented by Gastão Moreira, a guy that used to be a MTV VJ, but one that has an extensive rock and metal knowledge and he presents a one hour show on Kiss FM (Sâo Paulo Rock Station) and his show is just a delight to listen to (too bad they don't turn it into a podcast as well because I only listen to it when I remember to - and normally I'm deep into work or having lunch or some shit) but his program is a fun ride and he plays a lot of older and newer underground stuff that I enjoy. That's precisely the reason why I have my own Rock show and I like to present stuff that I think it's cool and not usual. It's a matter of curation to me.

I don't listen to the radio. I just use Bluetooth and play youtube/bandcamp music over my 4G connection. :) Much better selection of music to choose from.
Yeah pretty much. I remember telling this to a SiriusXM call girl who just sighed and laughed: "yeaaah...."

I don't listen to any actual radio stations because of crappy music selection and way too many ad breaks.

Love me some GTA stations as well. K-DST is where it's at yo

J-Roderton

After working as a dj for the better part of the last decade, I don’t like any of them.

I listen to the radio if it’s the absolute last option I have while driving.

Nymphae

Banned
In order of what I'll flip through:

1 - easy listening station, they generally play like really old stuff, crooners, sometimes jazzy, sometimes motown, stuff like that

2 - classic rock station - the hits

3 - CBC radio - pretentious indy garbage that sometimes surprises me

4 - local college station - always playing something weird, lots of punk

5 - modern rock - almost never worth my time but it's last for a reason

Edit: To clarify, these are listened to in my car 90% of the time, or on my kitchen radio when I'm in there doing shit. At work I listen to internet radio, mostly SomaFM

Last edited:
Top Bottom