• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Young Frankenstein returning to theaters October 5 (hosted by Brooks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one night only sponsored by Fathom events, but it will include a live tour of the Fox backlot by Mel Brooks. Since it's live the timezones showtimes are specific.

http://fathomevents.com/event/young-frankenstein/more-info/details

Seeing the black-and-white masterpiece on the big screen with an audience is a rarity in itself, but to make this screening a truly one-of-a-kind experience, writer and director Mel Brooks will introduce the film live from the 20th Century Fox Lot in Hollywood, CA.

Fathom Events and Twentieth Century Fox are thrilled to present a special one-night event, Young Frankenstein, in select cinemas nationwide on Wednesday, October 5 LIVE at 8:00 p.m. ET / 7:00 p.m. CT / 6:00 p.m. MT / 5:00 p.m. PT.

There were showings of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (and I think Blazing Saddles) last weekend to honor Gene Wilder and I imagine this will be the same.

It will be playing on only 500 screens, but it's possible there will be enough demand to add more locations like Killing Joke.

Replace my brain with Abby Normal's if old.

Great tribute to Gene. I hope it's available in my area. I live in a mid sized city though so I doubt it. Maybe I'll make a little party and show it on a projector in my back yard.

Blader

Damn, I'll be on a plane literally as this starts. I saw Willy Wonka at an AMC last weekend which was really nice, even if the aspect ratio was a bit fucked.

edit: wait a minute, this isn't even playing in Boston? Why does Fathom keep doing these screenings way outside the city?

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I wonder how well that ending will play with new viewers. On a recent rewatch I was pretty taken aback at how one of the big jokes they closed on basically amounted to "rape's okay if you have a big penis."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom