• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

You can now run Skyrim at 60fps on Xbox Series X and PS5

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Thanks mods for the title change
South Park Thumbs Up GIF

Last edited:

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
I can see that the video is running at 1080p60, but the game looks like 30fps.
I have been playing with this. If you don't run any other mods, it seem to run at 60 a lot of the time, but not perfect by any means. Of course, if you are like me and run a ton of graphical mods, you are going to bring it right back down outdoors, but still runs 60 a lot indoors. Game can still look great despite being 10 years old.

Here are some screens I recently captured.

FED5-EA74-BEA2-4-C54-80-B9-3-CBCBC598-FDA.png

86368-E2-F-1-CDC-43-F0-AFDB-EC0-F74-EB5-DB1.png

4-A89-B325-3-E0-D-4-E55-B4-DC-CFEC2515-EC97.png

Andodalf

Banned
Because MS motherfucking owns Beth.
Not yet
No PS5 🥲. Bought it for PS5, why would one console get performance than the other.
Sony decided since they were "4 the players" They should gimp modding on their platforms. Many PC Mods that work on XB can't be used on PS as Sony basically restricts the mods having any new content. All they can do is basically re arrange what the game already does. PS basically has it's own, very sad, modding scene.

Skifi28

That's nice....but I'm still offended they released a 30fps version 13 years later. Or that they can't be bothered with a simple patch for 60fps for one of the best selling games ever. Lazy fuckers.

Andodalf

Banned
That's nice....but I'm still offended they released a 30fps version 13 years later. Or that they can't be bothered with a simple patch for 60fps for one of the best selling games ever. Lazy fuckers.

What are you talking about? I don't think they even put any games out 13 years ago? Why would you expect them to patch this game from years ago?

Skifi28

What are you talking about? I don't think they even put any games out 13 years ago? Why would you expect them to patch this game from years ago?

Not 13, make it 10. It's an ancient game that got a barebones port. I think you focused on the wrong part of the post though.

Last edited:

Andodalf

Banned
Not 13, make it 10. It's an ancient game that got a barebones port. I think you focused on the wrong part of the post though.

Do you think that this post is about a re release? This is just the xbox one game with a mod. or are you mad the 360 version of the game wasn't 60 FPS? That's insane.

The Skyrim SE was actually way better than most ports at the time which just upped the res. It moved the game to a 64 Bit EXE and backported tech in from Fallout 4 such as Godrays and Rain Occlusion. It was also the only way to play the game on the new consoles, which had no BC at first, and was free on PC if you owned the included DLC. Not to mention a more robust Mod support than pretty much any other Console game. That's far from "barebones"

Top Bottom