• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Yokozuna Hakuho announces retirement

Tschumi

Thanks for making it known <3

I think it is probably time, maybe he has a sense that the newer Rikishi should be able to keep Terunofuji honest, and the sport doesn't need two Yokozuna soaking up all the results at this time...

He played a brand of sumo that nobody else even tried, he's the GOAT, little more can be said of him. Only Rikishi I've seen who I think has an honest chance against him in any fight would be Harumafuji, who had such a lightening quick tachi'i that he got inside Hakuho's guard before he could slap/elbow him.

A true warrior and exemplary champion.

PUTC6La.gif

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Is this the same Yokozuna who fought in the WWF back in the day

This refers to the top rank of sumo wrestlers.

The Hawaiian wwf wrestler you know as Yokozuna role played as a Japanese sumo wrestler as an act for his wwf fights.

Last edited:

Tschumi

Was that the mad head butt ? (Wasn’t intentional just two big dudes going at it. )
actually it was a shoulder to the other guy's cheek lol, also mad

it's part of hakuho's typical opening gambit in bouts, he feints a slap with his left hand (or does a real slap) then brings up his right elbow to try and daze his opponent, then when they try to protect their face he gets a belt grab... the only ones who have a shot against him must EITHER first decide that they're not gonna care about the massive trauma their face is about to go through and keep their arms in the right positions or beat Hakuho's arm (like Harumafuji, retired Yokozuna who struck like a snake to open certain bouts)

^^^^some of the bouts in there are amongst the most epic yokozuna vs yokozuna bouts you'll see.. harumafuji was by far my favourite yokozuna, exceptionally fast, technical, lithe and strong

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
So bit of an update:

Hakuho will sign the papers today.

As you all know he was denied the privilege of using his rikishi name as a coach so it’s good that he secured his coach’s Miyagino elder stock.

Still the JSA had to approve the transaction and it was a bit of a messy meeting, some even suggesting he would have to spend 10 years as an assistant coach first. Eventually he won the split vote, but some behavioral considerations were attached to the approval

Tschumi

So bit of an update:

Hakuho will sign the papers today.

As you all know he was denied the privilege of using his rikishi name as a coach so it’s good that he secured his coach’s Miyagino elder stock.

Still the JSA had to approve the transaction and it was a bit of a messy meeting, some even suggesting he would have to spend 10 years as an assistant coach first. Eventually he won the split vote, but some behavioral considerations were attached to the approval
I just know that that wanker who snapped at Ichinojo and Shodai for two false starts was the cause of the conflict

Top Bottom