• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xtreme Ghouls n Ghosts for PSP only...why?

Lardbutt

Banned
I've been waiting for a true Ghouls n Ghosts sequel for years....I own all the home consoles but now I find out the new GnG game is for PSP only. I feel like I'm being punished unfairly. :(

Also why doesn't Capcom release this game on the PS2, they could sell millions of copies.

Anyone heard of a possible home console port? I really don't want to buy a PSP just for one game.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
It was the same deal with the various GBA Castlevania games...

They are all good in portable form, but a console version would have been better.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Reilly said:
why don't you stfu and buy a PSP?
What's your answer for those of us who quite simply don't want to waste money or time on handhelds?

re: topic - There's not really any "why", beyond that this is what Capcom probably thinks as a good trade between development costs and potential sales.

Honestly, though:
why doesn't Capcom release this game on the PS2, they could sell millions of copies
Don't kid yourself.

Lardbutt

Banned
I would buy a PSP if I had no other choice. But I've been waiting for this sequel forever and now I find out I have to play it on a tiny screen instead on my big TV. I just feel like Capcom is forcing me into a corner.

Reilly

Ryck said:
Not everybody wants to play on a portable...

ah yes, because a 50 inch, widescreen HDTV is required to enjoy a 2D side scroller in which you die after one or two hits.

Flakster99

It would be fantastic if the DS received some Ghouls n Ghosts love, and there is nothing wrong with wanting this to occur either. Let's hope Capcom shares the love. :)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Lardbutt said:
I would buy a PSP if I had no other choice. But I've been waiting for this sequel forever and now I find out I have to play it on a tiny screen instead on my big TV. I just feel like Capcom is forcing me into a corner.
If that's your only worry...you'll be fine.

The PSP screen is large enough that, when held at a reasonable distance (what you'd use for such a system), the actual field of view is quite large. A 60" TV wouldn't look too terribly large in an auditorium, now would it? Your idea of size depends on how far away you are viewing something...

Not that it wouldn't feel different, but seriously, the PSP screen is plenty large.

Lardbutt

Banned
It's not just the issue of screen size, but also being able to play more comfortably with a better control pad or a joystick.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Lardbutt said:
It's not just the issue of screen size, but also being able to play more comfortably with a better control pad or a joystick.

PSP has the same shitty D-pad as the dual shock, so no loss there.

Ryck

Reilly said:
ah yes, because a 50 inch, widescreen HDTV is required to enjoy a 2D side scroller in which you die after one or two hits.
No but 300 dollars is......and that's what the original poster is complaining about.

Ryck

dark10x said:
No he's not. He's bitching about screen size and controls. :p
Ok then that's my problem with it.... :p

[edit] and Im sure alot of people feel the same way, The castlevania's made me buy a Gba but it was 99 dollars : \ I want GnG but I want a 360 and a ps3 more..so....

Lardbutt

Banned
Actually it's both factors. I don't want to spend the $200+ whatever for a PSP, and I would rather not play it on a portable.

Anyway I just hope this isn't the beginning of a disturbing trend (of reviving classic franchises and making them available on portables only).

Ryck

Sho Nuff said:
So you want to ride the rollercoaster without going to the amusement park?

boo hoo hoo
Im not crying, just saying it would be nice is all......Id hate to spend so much just for one game ya know? Or maybe spending money on a whole new system to play one game makes sense to you. *cheers*

Teddman

Lardbutt said:
Anyway I just hope this isn't the beginning of a disturbing trend (of reviving classic franchises and making them available on portables only).
It's not even close to the beginning. Want a new 2D Mario, Sonic, Castlevania, Metroid, etc. game?

Time for a GBA or DS...

Izzy

Banned
Ryck said:
Ok then that's my problem with it.... :p

[edit] and Im sure alot of people feel the same way, The castlevania's made me buy a Gba but it was 99 dollars : \ I want GnG but I want a 360 and a ps3 more..so....

Oh, I think you'll get your GnG fix on 360 and PS3...it just won't be 2D...

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Reilly said:
Considering how much a 50" HDTV costs, you'd better goddamn believe I'd want every single movie and game to play on it, and for every game to be developed with that screen in mind instead of some handheld piece of shit.

And as already replied to-
Lardbutt said:
I just hope this isn't the beginning of a disturbing trend
Nope, what you're saying is basically the chorous I've been singing since the GBA came out.

Thanks, Nintendo, for mortally wounding the concept of console 2D games. Really, thank you.

neo2046

Keiji Inafune only loves Sony
He is working so hard to release different genres of games in PSP
he wants to help Sony to boost the PSP sales
(GnG for adults and action game fans, Rockman Rockman for kids, breath of fire for RPG fans )

so if you want to play Capcom's games in the future, you must have PS2, PSP, and PS3 :lol

I'll let you know how great the PSP version is.

It really is that simple. You sound like the Gamecube whiners...."why isn't there a Cube version?"

LMAO

Reilly

dog$ said:
Considering how much a 50" HDTV costs, you'd better goddamn believe I'd want every single movie and game to play on it, and for every game to be developed with that screen in mind instead of some handheld piece of shit.

kleenex5vz.jpg

Mrbob

krypt0nian said:
I'll let you know how great the PSP version is.

It really is that simple. You sound like the Gamecube whiners...."why isn't there a Cube version?"

LMAO

Once the game is out, we'll have to get a new thread out in dedication to 'Lardbutt' about how awesome PSP G&G is.

Soul4ger

:lol

This game isn't going to "Sell millions" no matter what. :lol I'm excited about it, probably more than anyone on this forum, but seriously. Get it together.

Zeo

Banned
Wario64 said:
PSP has the same shitty D-pad as the dual shock, so no loss there.

Nah, the dual shock is still better, even though it's shaped the same. It just feels different.

But this is a pretty lame thread. Just get a PSP if you want it that bad. Fact is, it wouldn't sell very good on PS2. "Old-school" gaming is better suited to handhelds.

Tellaerin

dog$ said:
Any time you want to actually discuss something, let me know.

What's there to discuss? You're making statements that boil down to, 'I spent a lot of money on my TV, and I hate handhelds! This makes me important! My desires should come first, dammit! C'mon, companies--ignore the rest of the market already! Concentrate on me, me, me!' About the only thing we can do is laugh at your self-centeredness.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Oh OK, so I'm supposed to be happy with the prospect of having a $1000+ TV sit and collect dust while forcing myself to play some game on a 2" screen.

Sure.

... look, I'm not the one that started the thread. I fully understand why games are made for shitty handhelds. I don't expect any corporation to kowtow to my petty desires.

What's there to discuss?

How about discussing how buying a shitty handheld only exaserbates the problem of former console 2D game series being reduced to having all future installments remain on shitty handhelds versus the theory of adhering to some altruism like supporting the genres you like, no matter how reduced in quality they are.

Top Bottom