• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Series S|X Unboxing | Austin Evans

makaveli60

They blend in with high end hifi equipment. If you prefer design that goes well with a router you know where to go.
I do prefer PS5's design much more, yeah. And it's not an Xbox-PS thing for me. Actually both the OG X and 360 designs are among my favorites but these are literally boring boxes. They spent no effort on their design at all. They just put the hardware in boxes and called it a day.

TheDude108

“Xbox Series X has 12 teraflops of performance. Significantly more than the PS5”.

how much are these guys getting paid?

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
I wonder if S' smaller form factor would make more appeal to Japanese market? (Assuming PS5 would be as HUGE as people make out to be).... although if PS5 flops (relatively) in JP market initially - I'm rather certain Japanese would stick to Switch and nothing else till a smaller, slimmer revision of PS5 is available.

I do certainly hope that Xbox would get more Japanese dev support this time around - including on Game Pass too. Sure some Capcom/Sega/Square Enix games are available - but not hardly enough IMO...

Japan will never give two shits bout Xbox.

These youtube personalities are just that. Personalities. Here's another where the within the first 15 seconds he calls his vid... And I kid you not...

"An unboxing for the XBOX ONE S & The XBOX One X"

Like WTF?! You can't even get the name right?

Oh no it's the end of the world!!!!

I caught that too, but didnt think nothing of it.

LordOfChaos

Microsoft's whole thing with hardware only hands on with dummy units with an NDA on the software side didn't exactly go well with the Surface Duo. No reason to think it's similar, but...I just don't get the point of these. Am I hyped? Is anyone?

Funny a group of people watch the Series S unboxing by Austin Evans and it has to be dissected and analyzed frame by frame. Then same group has to insult the guy and make the typical comment "how much are you getting paid" just because it doesn't fit into one's personal narrative. So much comedy here. 🤣

Does no one ever just watch, enjoy or not enjoy a video, and then JUST move on?

Whether your an Xbox fan or not, this video was great and very informative from Austin Evans. We got a lot more here than we've been getting from the other company.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
4 TF of RDNA2 > 6 TF of GCN. Its way more powerful than Xbox One X(when you put other factors like CPU). It does most of the thing Series X does at a lower resolution.

This post should be stickied on the front page of GAF somehow

I've seen so many dumb arguments where people are thinking that the Xbox Series S is weaker than the PS4 Pro

The Series S and the PS5 aren't that far from each other

Night.Ninja

Banned
Funny a group of people watch the Series S unboxing by Austin Evans and it has to be dissected and analyzed frame by frame. Then same group has to insult the guy and make the typical comment "how much are you getting paid" just because it doesn't fit into one's personal narrative. So much comedy here. 🤣

Whether your an Xbox fan or not, this video was great and very informative from Austin Evans. We got a lot more here than we've been getting from the other company.
It's what happens when you're insecure, embarrassing really.

HarryKS

Being ugly is universally disliked.

spons

Gold Member

Austin has probably been paid by Microsoft to open a box, put the contents on display, read some specs and push out a video on it. That's all this entire thing is. And I will make fun of his rich ass for doing this all day every day.

Still feel like I'm living in the twilight zone for thinking those boring towers are the ugliest things I've ever seen. Also how much is MS paying these outlets to compare a 4tf machine to an actual next gen PS5? That thing is competing with the PS4 Pro and is not a real next gen machine.

I think GAF should have a brain damage analysis for users before they join, Jesus wept...

These youtube personalities are just that. Personalities. Here's another where the within the first 15 seconds he calls his vid... And I kid you not...

"An unboxing for the XBOX ONE S & The XBOX One X"

Like WTF?! You can't even get the name right?

This thread reminds me of a hate group that I unexpectedly stumbled upon.

sol_bad

Yeah, so I knew the Series S would get all these hardware reveals like the Series X did.

So again, why are MS promoting the Series S more than the Series X?
There was no 8.5 minute reveal video for the Series X.
Again, am I the twilight zone?

sixamp

The series S is the best looking console this new generation. Both the series X and ps5 are hideous. The ps5 should have been black where as the series X should have been white. I'm shocked at how small the series S is

-Arcadia-

Banned
Sending out shells (sending out systems would be a no-no at this stage) to a bunch of notable YouTubers and tech personalities is actually a pretty clever move for building hype/getting everyone to publicize your released talking points this week.

Microsoft marketing is starting to seem back on point with the S, after two of the back-to-back biggest reveal disasters ever seen.

Kagey K

Banned
I’m crazy impressed with how small the S is, It just shouldn’t seem possible. I’m getting the big fat boy myself, but I’ll be damned if they didn’t cram a ton of tech into that tiny box.

How do they release a slim version of that? Seems near impossible.

Top Bottom