• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox is sending Xbox merch to employees they just laid off

Bernoulli

M2 slut
DSSCA4I.png

A few days ago:
Xftbgzb.png

feynoob

nush

Gold Member
I got laid off from a big gaming company. They sent me a big fat check and the bonus I might have got in the following six months if I had not been laid off. I really can't shit-talk them for laying me off, they did their best. Compared to some merch that was sitting in the marketing department they just wanted to get rid off.

JCreasy

Tone deaf AF

Says so much about the Microsoft worldview.

Of course they missed how shitty the Halo reveal would be.

Of COURSE "Netflix for video games" sounded incredible to them.

Of course they think sending the people they fired a branded backpack is a great PR move. "It'll go viral. It'll be great!"

Of course these are the people that think they can buy "culture" because they have none.

Games, Doritos, Mountain Dew -- it's all the same to them. They could care less.

MrMephistoX

Reminds me of when I worked at Disney one of my co-workers gave 35 years to the company got let go due to not wanting to relocate to Orlando and they gave her this Mickey Mouse tchotchke to celebrate 35 years on her way out the door: she cried like she was grateful saying it meant so much to her and I just didn’t get it I feel like I would have lost it and have been tempted to smash Mickey right in front of HR.

Last edited:

JCreasy

It more than likely was sent before the layoff or by a department that wasn't behind the layoff or at least unaware layoffs were about to happen.
Same breed as MS executives

It's who they are.

Last edited:
Top Bottom