• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox held an internal town hall on Tuesday where Spencer said they don’t plan to stop making consoles

EDMIX

If they're not planning future consoles it'd be leaking already - the next gen is being planned, designed and ordered now.

Not really.

For all we know, that part of their plan has not even been told to their own employees.

You can be planning Dreamcast 2 and still have Sega walk in and tell you they are no longer doing hardware the same day they told everyone publicly. So....its likely that they simply haven't told many within the company this.

but clearly that seems to be what they are planning. Series X is on the path to sell less then XONE, fuck you think are going to happen to those sales when they start putting games on PS and Nintendo?

Keep in mind, THAT is going to be the fucking excuse when they tell people they will not be doing a next gen system, they'll just blame low sales of Series X (completely disregarding that putting games on many systems will result in lower sales). So at this point, none of that shit matters, if Series X isn't the last one, their next system sure as shit is going to be the last and I wouldn't be shocked if they dropped support mid cycle like Dreamcast did. What kind of launch is that system really going to have compared to PS6 and Switch 2 when we have a whole generation of knowing they will put games on all platforms?

Sounds like a bad investment to me tbh

EDMIX

Is ManaByte the Baghdad Bob of video games? You were quick to go MIA in that Suicide Squad thread.
tenor.gif

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Yeah......that's been repeated multiple times by some of us. @HeisenbergFX4 has been preaching that for a while now.

r3LvPps.png

The speculation from some is that Microsoft going multiplat will cause the demise of the console, not that Microsoft plans on killing the console.
It must be very odd working at Xbox. One day the company his huffing and puffing and spending like almost $100 Billion in acquisitions and a relatively short time later you are having a town hall meeting reassuring the teams you are still making consoles.

Killjoy-NL

Yeah start the generation early is their best option, generations are lasting way too long anyway that's why we have these stupid Pro models that are held back by the older system anyway. 2025/26 just around the release of GTA6 a true next generation version of that would be something.
And sell next-gen with what games?

The ones that will end up on Playstation as well? Because that's what the average consumer is going to expect once even a select few Xbox games will go multiplatform.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
I don't deem it very likely that they will stop producing hardware. There will be perks for the users that choose to use their product and it won't be a direct competitor to Nintendo or Sonys consoles.
I love this kumbaya future where none of the consoles are competing with each other.

Mr.Phoenix

Am I the only one that is seeing this as just dancing around the issue?

The problem is not that anyone said MS was leaving the console-making business. Everyone saying that is saying it as a by-product of what the "real" issue is. Which is MS going multiplatform.

There are some of us that has even said that Xbox hardware will continue to exist, just not in the way we traditionally know it to be. I for one think this is the last traditional Xbox console we see. Or gen... whatever you wanna call it. I said they start to treat Xbox hardware like they treat their surface lineup. And make premium for-profit hardware, that may be licensed to other OEMs too. I believe that MS feels that having gamepass is enough of a value add to not be having to sell console hardware at a loss on top of that. I suggested that MS becomes content with Xbxo sales akin to a steamdeck, something in the region of 5M sales per year, but every single one of those boxes will be sold for profit.

But again, this is not what the real issue was, the real issue was them going multiplat, thats where this leaving hardware thing came from. And what that article says, even then, not once did anyone say anything about the real issue. But instead, they are talking about making hardware as if that couldn't mean 100 different things. They could just as easily have said, Xbox games are staying exclusive to Xbox in the same manner they said they are still going to be making hardware.

Yeah start the generation early is their best option, generations are lasting way too long anyway that's why we have these stupid Pro models that are held back by the older system anyway. 2025/26 just around the release of GTA6 a true next generation version of that would be something.
Please tell me you are joking....

Last edited:
And sell next-gen with what games?

The ones that will end up on Playstation as well? Because that's what the average consumer is going to expect once even a select few Xbox games will go multiplatform.
I'd suggest waiting what Phil says next week because all these rumours are starting to fall like domino's and these predictions everyone have made are not looking likely.

Am I the only one that is seeing this as just dancing around the issue?

The problem is not that anyone said MS was leaving the console-making business. Everyone saying that is saying it as a by-product of what the "real" issue is. Which is MS going multiplatform.

There are some of us that has even said that Xbox hardware will continue to exist, just not in the way we traditionally know it to be. I for one think this is the last traditional Xbox console we see. Or gen... whatever you wanna call it. I said they start to treat Xbox hardware like they treat their surface lineup. And make premium for-profit hardware, that may be licensed to other OEMs too. I believe that MS feels that having gamepass is enough of a value add to not be having to sell console hardware at a loss on top of that. I suggested that MS becomes content with Xbxo sales akin to a steamdeck, something in the region of 5M sales per year, but every single one of those boxes will be sold for profit.

But again, this is not what the real issue was, the real issue was them going multiplat, thats where this leaving hardware thing came from. And what that article says, even then, not once did anyone say anything about the real issue. But instead, they are talking about making hardware as if that couldn't mean 100 different things. They could just as easily have said, Xbox games are staying exclusive to Xbox in the same manner they said they are still going to be making hardware.

Please tell me you are joking....
Well given what we're hearing a early next-gen console is exactly what's happening so if reality is a joke to you I suggest you ignore my posts and you continue posting your fan fiction 🫠

cireza

It must be very odd working at Xbox. One day the company his huffing and puffing and spending like almost $100 Billion in acquisitions and a relatively short time later you are having a town hall meeting reassuring the teams you are still making consoles.
But the issue is not even Xbox fault. The only things that really got rumored with some kind of evidence to back it up were Hi Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves. Everything else could be (and most certainly is) entirely wrong. Until proven otherwise, it is all the work of a group of people to spread a ton of misinformation and BS regarding Xbox. At no point should they even have had to explain to their employees that they are still making consoles, because it wasn't even rumored they were quitting consoles to begin with.

All of this shit is rumor based and unfounded. I can start saying whatever BS I want as a rumor, if it gets enough traction in the video-game community, then they will have no other choice but to communicate and deny it at some point.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Not really.

For all we know, that part of their plan has not even been told to their own employees.

Well, it's apparently 4 days since they told their employees that they're continuing with consoles.

To me it sounds like they're planning to continue with consoles. ...Doesn't it?

Edit: glad that gave you a laugh, but I'm not honestly sure how we can have a conversation about this if you've decided that no matter what they say or do, the outcome is always what you want it to be.
Who Knows Idk GIF by Dolly Parton

Last edited:

EDMIX

Well, it's apparently 4 days since they told their employees that they're continuing with consoles.

To me it sounds like they're planning to continue with consoles. ...Doesn't it?

Not really....

They are not and likely never going to tell folks years in advance such a thing. They wish to maintain sales until the very day they exit the market. So...Sony, MS and Nintendo have not and will never tell folks YEARS in advance of upgrades to slims or Pros or Elites etc, they always wait until the very last moment so they can maximize sales. So that is likely what MS will do regarding their exit.

Thats all I see this as.

Last edited:

EDMIX

But the issue is not even Xbox fault.

I greatly disagree.

If this is merely a rumor, imagine the pure stupidity and incompetence of a company like this to actually let it fester and take on such a life where a single fucking tweet could have ended this whole thing. Instead, we now have this being seen like MS gauging the publics reaction to them going 3rd party and likely assessing how they wish to address this.

So now, even if they go on next week and say the opposite, many will simply see it as MS reacting to what the public has stated regarding this. It doesn't come across like its a lie, it actually makes it sound like its true and MS wants to know how you feel.

Thats it....

I don't even see a real benefit to actually letting this go on like this and to say you have to wait a week, its cause its not good news bud. No one is telling you to wait a week to fuckin debunk a damn rumor lol Its cause they are trying to find a nice way to announce them going 3rd party...

MS PR is like "how can we say we are going 3rd Party, but also PLEEEEEASE keep buying XB?"

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

Well given what we're hearing a early next-gen console is exactly what's happening so if reality is a joke to you I suggest you ignore my posts and you continue posting your fan fiction 🫠
Ok so you are deluded.... got it.

The joke in your post wasn't about new hardware coming. Its about you saying "Start the gen early and it being the best option". That is flat-out delusion on your part.

So you really think, that with everything going on, the best option for MS, is to "start the gen early"? You even believe, that somehow, a new console is exactly what the doctor ordered to make all Xbox problems go away?

But this is the real kicker, you are so deluded, that you actually think, MS with Xbox and a console released in 2026, that shares over 95% of its game library with a (at that time) 100M plus PS5 console, has a say in "starting the gen early"? Do you have no idea how any of this works?

The next generation of 4K consoles, does not start until Sony says it does, That is what being the market leader in a particular segment grants you. But sure, let's throw more money and power at the problem, that is exactly what MS needs. And as for fan fiction, we will see how this goes in say 3 years.
I'd suggest waiting what Phil says next week because all these rumours are starting to fall like domino's and these predictions everyone have made are not looking likely.
You definitely are deluded... and you talk about fan fiction? Please, there is and has always been only ONE rumor. And that is that MS is going multiplat. Can you kindly show me how that rumor has fallen off like a domino?

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

But the issue is not even Xbox fault. The only things that really got rumored with some kind of evidence to back it up were Hi Fi Rush and Sea of Thieves. Everything else could be (and most certainly is) entirely wrong. Until proven otherwise, it is all the work of a group of people to spread a ton of misinformation and BS regarding Xbox. At no point should they even have had to explain to their employees that they are still making consoles, because it wasn't even rumored they were quitting consoles to begin with.

All of this shit is rumor based and unfounded. I can start saying whatever BS I want as a rumor, if it gets enough traction in the video-game community, then they will have no other choice but to communicate and deny it at some point.
Do you realistically believe that, after spending 80bn and needing ROI because GP stalled and Hardware sales plummeted, they are going to release just 2 minor games on Playstation and call it a day?

They will start with 2 minor games to get Xbox players used to it and gradually move to the big ones. Otherwise there is no point to it, 2 minor games won't make any difference in the long term.

cireza

where a single fucking tweet could have ended this whole thing
The only issue here is for them to actually respond to this shit.

They should have not said anything at all and let people who made up these unfounded rumors appear as the fools they are by first being totally ignored, and secondly being proved totally wrong.

Don't give attention to this kind of things and master your communication. You know what you have to say and when you have to say it, and certainly never have to acknowledge unfounded BS. Do you see Nintendo or Sony responding to absurd rumors ? They don't have to. No company has to. When you stop acknowledging this kind of BS is when people will stop making it up, or it will become entirely irrelevant.

cireza

Do you realistically believe that, after spending 80bn and needing ROI because GP stalled and Hardware sales plummeted, they are going to release just 2 minor games on Playstation and call it a day?
I don't believe anything, and I don't make up BS. I am waiting to see what they will announce, and for now the only evidence is that two games are going multiplat. Which I don't give a shit to be honest. What matters to me is that they continue making hardware.

EDMIX

The joke in your post wasn't about new hardware coming. Its about you saying "Start the gen early and it being the best option". That is flat-out delusion on your part.

So you really think, that with everything going on, the best option for MS, is to "start the gen early"? You even believe, that somehow, a new console is exactly what the doctor ordered to make all Xbox problems go away?

But this is the real kicker, you are so deluded, that you actually think, MS with Xbox and a console released in 2026, that shares over 95% of its game library with a (at that time) 100M plus PS5 console, has a say in "starting the gen early"? Do you have no idea how any of this works?

The next generation of 4K consoles, does not start until Sony says it does, That is what being the market leader in a particular segment grants you. But sure, let's throw more money and power at the problem, that is exactly what MS needs. And as for fan fiction, we will see how this goes in say 3 years.

You definitely are deluded... and you talk about fan fiction? Please, there is and has always been only ONE rumor. And that is that MS is going multiplat. Can you kindly show me how that rumor has fallen off like a domino?

Well....I agree

I don't know what MS can really do to avoid this, but it sure as hell should never be trying to force a new console generation. That sounds like a train wreck waiting to happen. I thought them buying Activision and Zenimax would have their system sales increase significantly and never imagined they'd sell less.

So...I don't know at this point, maybe them being a 3rd party publisher really is their best bet at this point.

They should have not said anything at all and let people who made up these unfounded rumors appear as the fools they are

smh dear god no...

It doesn't matter how dumb those people are, when others believe them and it hurts the brand, the company must respond, but clearly they can't if indeed those rumors are true, which means they must hold some press type of thing to tell their 3rd party plans early or something, but I'd never support an idea of saying nothing at all as I don't see how that can actually help the brand at this point.

I'm not supporting anyone making something up, I'm addressing that any brand this big must still have their PR paint them in the best light.

This isn't personal, this is business and when a rumor causes sales to get lost, it must be addressed.

Ar¢tos

I don't believe anything, and I don't make up BS. I am waiting to see what they will announce, and for now the only evidence is that two games are going multiplat. Which I don't give a shit to be honest. What matters to me is that they continue making hardware.
You play hardware?
Hardware is the least important thing. The important is software.

Mr.Phoenix

WTF is going on... like are you guys brainwashed or what?

Like I can't believe what I am reading.

The issue is MS is rumored to be going multiplat. Is that its rumored to not just be about smaller titles like HFR and SoT. That its going to be a lot more than that and include stuff like Starfield, future Bethesda games, the whole ABK stuff, and even some older MS staples. That is what the real rumors were. And people came to the conclusion, that if MNS does that, then Xbox, or more specifically, Xbox hardware, is dead. This simply means that if gamepass da1 and PC had so far been shown to impact Xbox hardware sales, then releasing their games on Playstation would have an even worse effect on their sales. It will not be a today we are here and tomorrow we aren't type thing. It would be a death by attrition.

This is common sense.

At the rate we are going, MS comes and says, "we are going to release these three games on PlayStation, and some of our future games may come to other platforms because when everyone plays we all win, however, we are dedicated to making Xbox hardware, and take a look at this, releasing in 2026"

And some of you would come out and call that a win and say rumors were false, all the while not seeing that that is exactly confirmation of the rumors and handled exactly how we said they would handle it.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Do you realistically believe that, after spending 80bn and needing ROI .
There's no way Xbox was ever going to pay off the bill for acquiring Activision. Nobody thought that. Fortunately Activision makes billions on it's own, through things like sales of the (legally mandated) Call of Duty published on every format, including but not exclusive to Xbox.

Last edited:

cireza

WTF is going on... like are you guys brainwashed or what?

Like I can't believe what I am reading.

The issue is MS is rumored to be going multiplat. Is that its rumored to not just be about smaller titles like HFR and SoT. That its going to be a lot more than that and include stuff like Starfield, future Bethesda games, the whole ABK stuff, and even some older MS staples. That is what the real rumors were. And people came to the conclusion, that if MNS does that, then Xbox, or more specifically, Xbox hardware, is dead. This simply means that if gamepass da1 and PC had so far been shown to impact Xbox hardware sales, then releasing their games on Playstation would have an even worse effect on their sales. It will not be a today we are here and tomorrow we aren't type thing. It would be a death by attrition.

This is common sense.

At the rate we are going, MS comes and says, "we are going to release these three games on PlayStation, and some of our future games may come to other platforms because when everyone plays we all win, however, we are dedicated to making Xbox hardware, and take a look at this, releasing in 2026"

And some of you would come out and call that a win and say rumors were false, all the while not seeing that that is exactly confirmation of the rumors and handled exactly how we said they would handle it.
I didn't need you to make this reasoning, pretty much everybody already know this. Thing is... anything has yet to be confirmed. How about waiting to see what they have to say before making conclusions ?

Last edited:

Mr.Phoenix

Honestly, the "continue" making hardware.... is really and really should be the absolute least of your concerns.

EDMIX

I see....

how on earth are they going to keep making hardware if they are selling less then XONE?

How much less are they going to sell after this gen is done and they are known to be a 3rd party publisher?

So...I think you might want to brace yourself and hope for them to make their controllers a 3rd party accessor for PS and Nintendo or something, as a huge fan of MS, had a MS phone, I had a Zune for fuck sales, I have many PCs with Windows OS from XP to 7 (for that sweet compatibility mode) and many more, but I've seen this company leave behind so much shit, I just don't doubt them leaving behind something like this and moving on to their bread and butter with software.

As its starting to sound like that 100 billion spent was indeed to be a 3rd party publisher and its now looking like that was the entire plan. For all we know, they've known for some time they were exiting the hardware market, but they can't really just out and say that, they must sell as much as they can.

Shit..I agree with them doing that btw. It makes complete business sense to lie, wait, sell and exit to get maximum sales.

Pretty much, its as if many don't see the writing on the wall regarding this.

MS isn't going to just say years of shit in 1 press event. They are going to deny exiting hardware to keep sales up, announce those ports and continuing porting until they are ready to just go full 3rd party.

Thats all I see MS doing regarding this.

There's no way Xbox was ever going to pay off the bill for acquiring Activision. Nobody thought that. Fortunately Activision makes billions on it's own, through things like sales of the (legally mandated) Call of Duty published on every format, including but not exclusive to Xbox.

I don't disagree, but shit, why do you think many of us believe MS is just going to go 3rd party?

Why buy such a publisher if their intent was not to go 3rd party?

All you would need to do is extend that very same idea to all of MS tbh.

Let's see shall we? You've spouting nonsense for nearly a week and I'll make a prediction that 90% of what you've said won't happen, see you next week 😄

cireza

It makes complete business sense to lie, wait, sell and exit to get maximum sales.
These are the basics every single company follows to deplete their stock anyway. Of course they will do that.

What I find baffling is people rejecting the very idea of them continuing making hardware, when we have companies out there making PCs and handhelds without making games at all.

Mr.Phoenix

I didn't need you to make this reasoning, pretty much everybody already know this. Thing is... anything has yet to be confirmed. How about waiting to see what they have to say before making conclusions ?
You don't get it do you? No one is saying anything has been confirmed. But I can tell you this much, the fact that a rumor this big and ridiculous was not just outright squashed and dismissed. Says more than whatever the rumor could have been.

Think about it, all it would have taken would be a simple tweet saying

"Xbox exclusives, past present, and future will remain Xbox exclusives."

Done, finished. This entire thing is dead and over. Everyone moves on. But they didn't do that. Instead... we got "we hear you"....wtf? If there was ever a way to not just not kill a rumor, but instead make it worse, that was it.

No one is making conclusions, we are talking based on the rumors and the fact its not been flat-out denied. What this is, is the natural outcome of choosing to let rumors like these fester. And that's on MS and their we hear you nonsense.

Mr.Phoenix

Let's see shall we? You've spouting nonsense for nearly a week and I'll make a prediction that 90% of what you've said won't happen, see you next week 😄
Alright, but just to be clear, let me list out what I have been saying (sorry I mean the nonsense I have been spouting)... so you can't come and lie about it in the future...

1. In the next 3+ years, MS will be fully multiplatform on releases. be that day one, or timed, but whatever they make, will come to PlayStation and/or Nintendo.
  2. It will start with a few games first, and they will say going forward, everything will be done on a case-by-case basis. They will never outright come and say, that everything we make is going to PlayStation too. Never. Not once will that be said. I even mentioned, that its possible they never even mention PlayStation, and instead, just keep saying, other platforms.
  3. Focus would shift from Xbox hardware in its traditional form. I never once said they will no longer make any Xbox hardware, their focus will just shift from it. EWven more so than it currently has. At worst, Xbox hardware and its variants can be licensed out to third-party OEMS. Like Nvidia and AMD does with GPUs. This will not start happening till sometime in 2026. At best, they don't do that, but make an Xbox surface like number of devices, premium Xbox, handheld Xbox...etc. But sold for profit and as outliers.
That's what I have been saying. So yh, let's see what happens over the next 3 years because you are looking only as far as next week. I am looking through the next 3 years. Anyone with half a brain can pretty much figure out exactly what they will say.... no, have to say next week. Or you want me to give you potential bullet points for that too?

Last edited:
They can plan what they want....

Once hardware and software sales go down to zero they will pull the plug....

Last edited:

Elysium44

Banned
These are the basics every single company follows to deplete their stock anyway. Of course they will do that.

What I find baffling is people rejecting the very idea of them continuing making hardware, when we have companies out there making PCs and handhelds without making games at all.

Those companies aren't selling the hardware at a loss, hoping for it to be subsidised with game pass subscriptions or software sales. Also, a PC can play any PC game whereas an Xbox can only play some console games, and a PS5 in the near future will probably be able to play all Xbox games, meaning the Xbox console is entirely redundant.

Is there any sort of business case for Microsoft opting to sell the consoles for a profit, to those who want one (they prefer to keep access to their digital back catalogue, prefer the Xbox controller etc.)? I imagine this would be a pretty small number and wouldn't make much sense. Few people would buy those when they could just buy a PlayStation and play anything. People would just keep an older Xbox to play their back catalogue, at least until Microsoft pulls the plug on that too.

Phil Spencer has a herculean task next week to stop the bottom falling out of consumer confidence in the Xbox brand.

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Actually Microsoft cares about Xbox and wants to grow the Xbox business, until now when the xbox no longer relevant
No one doubt about Microsoft profit, the problem now is whether Xbox itself will survive is another story.
They don't care about xbox as a console, they care about creating a service for gaming. One they can eventually embed in windows etc.

Fredrik

The only way they might pull it off is if they massively undercut the price of the system vs the PS6. Like $100 cheaper or more for the same performance or better. Would be better off with better performance.
I don’t think price is a factor, definitely not $100. They need to reach a point where people feel like they can’t be without the console, through exclusives, like Nintendo when they release exclusives like BOTW and TOTK. And timed exclusives isn’t enough.

DForce

NaughtyDog Defense Force

They're not falling like dominoes.

Xbox fans thought insiders were backtracking after Tom Warren's tweet when it was only Nate (apparently).

Jeff Grubb said he heard Microsoft considered bringing Halo and Gear of War to PlayStation, he never said they were going to be released on PlayStation. Nate from Resetera said Starfield was coming to PlayStation and this was later reported by XboxERA, but Nate backtracked on his statement. Stephen Totilo reported that Sea of Thieves is coming to PlayStation, but obviously, we don't have any confirmation on this report.

Shinobi on Resetera said there would be more when we found out As Dusk Falls was being released on PlayStation. There are a lot of rumors about Microsoft's multiplatform approach, but we don't know the extent to which these games are going to be released.

So, at the very least, we know Microsoft is going to release games on PlayStation which has started with As Dusks Falls and Likely Hi-Fi Rush. Anything other than this has not been confirmed.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
If Xbox continues consoles, it will just be a gamepass/digital machine

Thats what I expect. Or at least that will become their main offer to end users.

For Xbox to be a defined thing there needs to be some sort of target specification though, so, a physical piece of reference hardware must always exist, and likely sold in some quantity too. The obvious analogy being video cards. Xbox will produce the equivalent of "Founder's Editions" and if there is demand, will license it out to other manufacturers.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
I don't disagree, but shit, why do you think many of us believe MS is just going to go 3rd party?

Why buy such a publisher if their intent was not to go 3rd party?
It's not for me to explain why people think the way they do.

What I can do is repeat what I said before about the acquisition of Activision, and obviously Microsoft didn't need to buy Activision to go 3rd party if they wanted to do that they could have. Selling Call of Duty doesn't enable them to sell Forza.

But, Microsoft have a long established presence in video games. They know the people in the industry and how it works. And they also had a lot of money in cash, doing nothing. Activision also has a big presence (through King) in Mobile where Microsoft think there's going to be continued growth.

So putting that money into Activision and getting billions of dollars every year in return is surely motive enough for them. That's without strengthening their position in games in general.

I never thought that Activision was a great buy for Xbox players (and if you like, search, I've said this repeatedly) because I never thought it was a purchase for Xbox. It's too big. Too much money. I think there could be opportunities for Xbox to benefit from Activision, but I don't think that was the play. They basically bought a money making business that operates where they operate.

Elysium44

Banned
Thats what I expect. Or at least that will become their main offer to end users.

For Xbox to be a defined thing there needs to be some sort of target specification though, so, a physical piece of reference hardware must always exist, and likely sold in some quantity too. The obvious analogy being video cards. Xbox will produce the equivalent of "Founder's Editions" and if there is demand, will license it out to other manufacturers.

In this analogy, the Sony GPU plays all games including the best ones, but the Microsoft GPU only plays some games. Who would buy the latter?

Killjoy-NL

Even just HiFi Rush and SoT going to PS will spell the end of Xbox.

It's that simple. Whether they want to make a final attempt next-gen or not.

In this analogy, the Sony GPU plays all games including the best ones, but the Microsoft GPU only plays some games. Who would buy the latter?

Exactly, it's funny that Xbox fans are now pivoting to "going third party changes nothing".

It changes EVERYTHING because Sony and Nintendo will NEVER port their games to Xbox

So it makes the Xbox console completely redundant on the market

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster

Depends if the Xbox version is partially or completely compatible with PC releases. Remember, another issue MS have right now is offering Game Pass in both console and PC flavours, which complicates their sales pitch. What if they could merge these things into a unified service, equally applicable to all users irrespective of what screen they choose to play on?

In the model I describe, we have the low-cost pure streaming device which could support standard wireless peripherals like mice and keyboards in addition to the signature Xbox controller. Being streamed, there is no differentiation required based on hardware capability.

The "Founder's Edition" device on the other hand is just a sample configuration based around the core hardware spec, so just because MS' themselves may offer only a single, limited, model the potential exists for other vendors to produce more versatile and capable variations. Perhaps some sort of hybrid between a PC and an Xbox.

I think you can definitely steel-man this approach and come out with a compelling offer.

The guiding principle is always going to be that MS is looking to make money through software and services; hardware is not a profit centre for them, just a necessary evil to facilitate distribution. Unlike the fanbase, they have no sentimental attachment to Xbox as a physical device.

Last edited:

Darsxx82

2027 is in reference of the GP 100M sub target by 2027 for the continuation of Xbox, set by Nadella.
As I said, that's the problem. Misinterpreting, not paying attention to the context or the date and the fact that you don't even know who said it says it all.
The fact is that some of you have decided that what P. Spencer has said is false and that what is true to adjust it to the desired narrative and ignore many signs and actions that invite you to think otherwise (which are many more).

I am clear that if MS announces the development of new hardware and that it will continue in the console business (the strategy, philosophy or expectations with it is another issue)...... some of you will resort to the trick of blaming P. Spencer of being a liar, which is easier than admitting the error of denying other possibilities and listening to other indications.

DAHGAMING

It’s more cultural drivel exported from the US.

The worst however, is any Englishman that uses the term ‘y’all’.

I’m not a violent man but that affectation makes me want to lamp someone.
Im with you, as an English cunt myself I hate hearing stuff like y'all, guys, "wana come to the movies" ect. Fair 1 in America, but when some so called cockney geeza is coming out with that sort of lingo it does my head in.

Top Bottom