• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass | Increase Your Backlog Inside

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Makes me angry to want to buy the console, the game pass and then see how they spend money developing pc-only games. In a couple years, what will be the reason to buy a Series X if all the series X games and more are available on PC, if gamepass is better on PC than on series X and if PCs at the time are more powerful than the console?
I am a console guy but it seems that MS will get rid of it. Also Sony will probably go to the same direction. It is a shame

The only games that come to mind that are only on PC so far are Gears Tactics and Flight Sim. Both of which are coming to console. Its possible there are more but your fear is really unfounded in any real capacity.

Jose92

[Membe

TW_ComingSoon_ALL-UP_9.1_JPG.jpg

pr0cs

see how they spend money developing pc-only games
Have you actually looked at the game list? There are only a handful of PC games that don't exist on console, most of which wouldn't work well at all or would require a TON of re-work due to controller only.
You could build a decent PC then have the best of both worlds, or buy a used one for dirt cheap and again stop being a gaming peasant and have access to everything that interests you.

nikolino840

SO this is all the Destiny 2 DLC thats been released to this point yes?
In theory yes,they have announced in july the complete edition with dlc on gamepass, but i don't know if it's already this version or the base game
I haven't read the article, just watched the pic

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
In theory yes,they have announced in july the complete edition with dlc on gamepass, but i don't know if it's already this version or the base game
I haven't read the article, just watched the pic

Base game is already free and they announced the new DLC that hits this fall is included as well so I have to assume this is everything up till this point, but I am not going to pretend I know Bungee's confusing stance on these things sometimes.

Last edited:

manfestival

That is a pretty hefty line up for PC right there. Maybe I will consider hopping into disgaea 4 again. CK3 is a guarantee for GP for me

the_master

Have you actually looked at the game list? There are only a handful of PC games that don't exist on console, most of which wouldn't work well at all or would require a TON of re-work due to controller only.
You could build a decent PC then have the best of both worlds, or buy a used one for dirt cheap and again stop being a gaming peasant and have access to everything that interests you.
If I need to buy a PC for gaming and all xbox games are on PC... why do I want an xbox?
There are only a couple now ,but it could be a start. Will there be more and more games coming out on PC first and then ported to the xbox? Will some of this games not come to the box ever?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
If I need to buy a PC for gaming and all xbox games are on PC... why do I want an xbox?
There are only a couple now ,but it could be a start. Will there be more and more games coming out on PC first and then ported to the xbox? Will some of this games not come to the box ever?

Then dont buy an xbox and play it on PC. Microsoft makes money on software, not hardware. And they have said they are committed to having everything as much as possible be on both. I mean if they are putting Flight Sim on Xbox I tend to think they will port everything else.

Last edited:

pr0cs

why do I want an xbox?
Cost of entry is lower, in case you are budget constraint, you will just have to deal with the fact that some PC games just don't work on console so you will miss out.
Even playing field for MP games
Easier configuration, simplified setup
Integrated voice comms that EVERYONE already has
HDR works out of the box

I have a very good PC and still have a oneX and am interested on a seriesX. I still play on my oneX a lot, mostly because my RL friends don't have gaming PCs and so it's much easier to game with them via consoles. If you don't have any friends and don't really like MP games then yeah PC makes a lot more sense, if you can get over the significant cost differential.

Resident Evil 7 Biohazard is up on game pass:

Tell me why chapter 2 should also be up today:

I am getting familiar with Destiny until something titalating makes it to the leaving soon category.

I completed RDR2 in 2ish weeks, cementing my place as a game pass legend. I dont have a huge friends list, but I was rank 2 in completion in that tight timeline. I am a hero of the last minute game pass crowd, and I invite you all to join me until the Series X releases and I can really get into some optimized games I've been sleeping on with my OG Xbox One (Outer Worlds, Destiny, No mans Sky, RE7, Halo replay, Ori 1 and 2). Life will be great.

Mista

Banned

Roberts

If you are into stuff like Stardew Valley, don't sleep on Spiritfarer. Such a relaxing game, but loads to do. Has a lot of darkness lurking underneath that cute, harmless facade.

Spiritfarer

I loved stardew valley, but spiritfarer seems so... gay! I dont want to play as a chick running around doing favors for sexualized animals.

Do you find it better than stardew, in that case i might be willing to try it, but the artstyle is such a turn off.

Roberts

I loved stardew valley, but spiritfarer seems so... gay! I dont want to play as a chick running around doing favors for sexualized animals.

Do you find it better than stardew, in that case i might be willing to try it, but the artstyle is such a turn off.

It is not better, at least not objectively and I don't think the gameplay is as complex and varied, but I've been drawn to it for the last four days - there is something hypnotic and weirdly relaxing about it. I mean, you can try it out yourself - the first hour is a pretty good indicator of what to expect from the game.

FrozenFlame

It's weird that no one posted this:

Age of Empires III: Definitive Edition (PC) – October 15
Heave Ho (PC) ID@Xbox – October 15
Katana Zero (Android, Console & PC) ID@Xbox – October 15
Tales of Vesperia: Definitive Edition (Console & PC) – October 15
The Swords of Ditto: Mormo’s Curse (PC) – October 15
ScourgeBringer (Console) ID@Xbox – October 21
Cricket 19 (Console) – October 22
Supraland (Console) ID@Xbox – October 22

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
If you haven't played Tales of Vesperia before, now's your chance! Excellent game and the definitive edition adds a bunch of new content and makes the game play smooth as butter.

Also, Swords of Ditto is a fun little indie Zelda clone and definitely worth checking out.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
If you haven't played Tales of Vesperia before, now's your chance! Excellent game and the definitive edition adds a bunch of new content and makes the game play smooth as butter.

Also, Swords of Ditto is a fun little indie Zelda clone and definitely worth checking out.

New to vesperia. Do I need any prior knowledge?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Nope, these games are similar to Final Fantasy in that the world and characters are completely different for each entry. The Tales of... games are just just tied together with a few loose concepts - except for the occasional direct sequel like Tales of Destiny 2 or Tales of Xilia 2.

Have fun!

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Nope, these games are similar to Final Fantasy in that the world and characters are completely different for each entry. The Tales of... games are just just tied together with a few loose concepts - except for the occasional direct sequel like Tales of Destiny 2 or Tales of Xilia 2.

Have fun!
I'll add it to the que. Don't know when I'll get to it but I've always heard good things.

Quasicat

With the notable exceptions of the direct sequels (Destiny, Symphonia, and Xillia) you’ll be fine going in fresh. Kind of think Final Fantasy. There are small references throughout for fans, but you’re not missing anything vital when they happen.

Kimahri

Banned
I'll add it to the que. Don't know when I'll get to it but I've always heard good things.

I'd wait and see if the original ever becomes bc. I found the definitive edition to be terrible. Sure , it is smooth, but all the new content they added in from the ps3 version is just boring filler with a new and obvious voice actor for lead character, plus an annoying new character who adds nothing of value outside of squeaky voice.

I stopped playing because it kinda tarnished my fond memories.

scalman

even if they would add most new games or even all of them it would be not enough to pay this money monthly ,because froma those all new ones i will need just 3,4 games no more.

evanft

Might have to check out Tales of Vesperia when I have the chance.

even if they would add most new games or even all of them it would be not enough to pay this money monthly ,because froma those all new ones i will need just 3,4 games no more.

images

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Graphic Adventures on Gamepass now?? Da fuck, staph making me so happy ha

Ful Throttle is one of the very best adventures from the 90s. I'd love to play The Dig again, if thats remotely possible.

Last edited:

FrozenFlame

I don't think this was posted:
TW_Available-Today_Coming-Soon_templates_1.7.2021_JPG.jpg

Kinda underwhelming to be honest. What Remains of Edith Finch is great though, it's one of the few games that I can say that it really is memorable.

JLB

Banned

Kinda underwhelming to be honest. What Remains of Edith Finch is great though, it's one of the few games that I can say that it really is memorable.

What Remains of Edith Finch is one of the worst games I've played this generation hah

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!

Definitely a back loaded month with cyber shadow and medium, potentially if those are good games of course. I'm not too mad. Plenty of shit I need to get to.

Top Bottom