• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass | Increase Your Backlog Inside

Mista

Banned
xbox-game-pass-wrzesien-2019-antyweb.jpg

Xbox Game Pass Library Currently Available On Console:

Xbox Game Pass Library Currently Available On PC:

Confirmed Games Coming To Xbox Game Pass In The Future:

First-party Xbox Game Pass games:
  • Ori and the Will of the Wisp (February 11, 2020)
  • Minecraft Dungeons (2020)
  • Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)
  • Psychonauts 2 (2020)
  • Halo Infinite (2020)
  • Bleeding Edge (2020)
  • Battletoads (TBA)
  • Grounded
  • Tell Me Why
  • Wasteland 3 (2020)

Third-party Xbox Game Pass Games Without A Release Date (Some Games In The List Already Got Released):
  • Blazing Chrome (TBA)
  • CrossCode (TBA)
  • Dead Static Drive (TBA)
  • Ikenfell (TBA)
  • Killer Queen Black (TBA)
  • Lord of the Rings (TBA)
  • Night Call (TBA)
  • Phoenix Point (TBA)
  • Riverbond (TBA)
  • Secret Neighbor (TBA)
  • Spiritfarer (TBA)
  • Spirit Renegades (TBA)
  • Supermarket Shriek (TBA)
  • The Good Life (TBA)
  • Totally Accurate Battle Simulator (TBA)
  • Totem Teller (TBA)
  • UnderMine (TBA)
  • Unto the End (TBA)
  • Way to the Woods (TBA)
  • Carrion
  • Cris Tales
  • Cyber Shadow
  • Darksiders III
  • Double Kick Heroes
  • Drake Hollow
  • Edge of Eternity
  • Final Fantasy VII
  • Final Fantasy VIII Remastered
  • Final Fantasy IX
  • Final Fantasy X: HD Remastered
  • Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age
  • Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XIII-2
  • Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  • Final Fantasy XV
  • Forager
  • Haven
  • It Lurks Below
  • Levelhead
  • Life Is Strange 2: Episodes 4 and 5
  • My Friend Pedro
  • PHOGS
  • She Dreams Elsewhere
  • SkateBird
  • Streets of Rage 4
  • Scourge Bringer
  • Supraland
  • Tekken 7
  • Touhou Luna Nights
  • The Escapists 2
  • The Red Lantern
  • The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  • Vambrace: Cold Soul
  • West of Dead
  • Yazuka 0
  • Yazuka Kiwami
  • Yazuka Kiwami 2

Xbox Game Pass Games Joining In April 2020:

- DayZ (May 7th)
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (May 7th)
- Final Fantasy IX (May 14th)
- Fractured Minds (May 19th)

Xbox Game Pass Games Leaving Soon in May 2020:

- GTA V (May 7th)
- Black Desert (May 15th)
- Doom (May 15th)
- Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game (May 15th)
- Mega Man Legacy Collection 2 (May 15th)
- Metal Gear Survive (May 15th)
- The Banner Saga (May 15th)
- Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (May 15th)

This thread will always be updated with everything Xbox Game Pass. Game on and Have fun!

Last edited:
My habit of purchasing games have gone down dramatically since XGP was implemented. I still buy select games both digitally and physically, but if I know that a game is coming to GP, I drop the title off my Wish List and wait for it to land in GP.

For example, today I purchased YoungBlood and The Division 2 from GameFly for 9.99 each. No way I could pass that up.

I will be a lifetime user of XGP! Oh yeah, and GP does not help with my backlog.....and that's a good gamer problem.

Last edited:

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I think for the first time since I subbed to the service there isn't anything coming out I wanna check out. I twas a good run lol.

Arent we supposed to get a Final Fantasy game starting this month as well?

manfestival

Absolutely am enjoying the game pass on PC. The value prospect has been much higher than anything I personally have come across ever in gaming. Somehow this catalog has worked so well for me. Of course I do not expect everyone to have the same interests but my current installed games are Age of Wonders: planetfall(probably have put about 15 hours into that), Gears 5(beat the campaign and I am like like 50 online), Age of Empires 2, Ori and the Blind Forest(beat the game), Enter the Gungeon, Phoenix Point(half way), and much more.

Last edited:

nikolino840

“Game Pass for us right now is a good business,” Spencer asserted. “It’s something that we’re comfortable running the way it is and it’s more than doubled in size, year over year. It’s on a great trajectory.”

Spencer also confirmed that Microsoft’s hasn’t employed a bait and switch tactic where Xbox Game Pass will suddenly skyrocket in price to support its myriad new first-party studios.

“I know some people — I’ve seen it — some people say, ‘Oh, they’re just kind of burning money left and right in order to gain customers so they can trick you into raising the price later.’

“There’s no model like that, for us,” he said. “We feel good in the business that we’re running now. We’re definitely investing in it, but not investing in a way that’s unsustainable.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Best thing in gaming right now.

I’ve already played so much I’d not be inclined to buy otherwise, and saved quite a bit of money in the process.

While I game more XGP for console, I have installed some games for PC. I just wished the games I installed on both Xbox and PC shared the same save file. For example, Bloodstained. I started it on Xbox, played a few hours of it. Then when I purchased the Legion Y540 over Black Friday, I installed Bloodstained on my Legion. When I fired up the game on PC, there was no save file.

I went back to my Xbox, save file was there.

I looked at the details for Bloodstained and it's not a Play Anywhere game. <Sad face>

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
While I game more XGP for console, I have installed some games for PC. I just wished the games I installed on both Xbox and PC shared the same save file. For example, Bloodstained. I started it on Xbox, played a few hours of it. Then when I purchased the Legion Y540 over Black Friday, I installed Bloodstained on my Legion. When I fired up the game on PC, there was no save file.

I went back to my Xbox, save file was there.

I looked at the details for Bloodstained and it's not a Play Anywhere game. <Sad face>
I believe this is 100 percent on the developer to implement it.

pr0cs

“There’s no model like that, for us,” he said. “We feel good in the business that we’re running now. We’re definitely investing in it, but not investing in a way that’s unsustainable.
Well there goes the usual talking point that gamepass is bad for the industry and not sustainable

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I've been really picky about what games I play & what games I buy so I've never had much of a backlog, ................................................ Until Game Pass.

It's really been great for getting me to try new games, genres and some indies, that I thought I wouldn't like. Now you can add games to "play later' list like Netflix and yeah, now I've got a good backlog.

BTW: Great topic, thanks for making it Mista Mista

Walledhouse

Games I have really enjoyed:

Timespinner
It’s an uncomplicated and short Metroidvania that lets you mark things on the map. This game and Bloodstained re-invigourated my love of Metroidvanias after being burned by Ori, Guaccamelee and various indies that don’t nail the formula for me.

CrossCode
This game is great if you are a fan of the Phantasy Star aesthetic. In this game, your character is logged into an MMO with other players controlled by AI; and you’ll only abide by the rules of the MMO as it suits you to reach your true goal. At first this looked like a typical indie visual novel with perfunctory gameplay; but turned out to be a long, thorough ARPG with actual modern hardcore gamer difficulty by default. You can lower a difficulty slider in the options under “Accessibility”. This even has an end-game similar to what you’d find in Pokemon. I am eagerly awaiting further post-game DLC.

The Surge
Left gamepass, but this game with all the DLC was like Game of the Year for me. Looking forward to playing the sequel.

The Outer Wilds
Had to buy this, but it is on Game Pass on Xbox. It’s No Man’s Sky meets Myst meets Groundhog Day. Fly around a solar system; and every 22 minutes the sun explodes and resets you. Every attempt; you’ll fly to a planet and try and solve some puzzle; each of which awards you with clues to puzzles hidden on other planets. Your ship log keeps track of all of this information and shows if there is any remaining clues you missed.

lol Internet dictionaries actually have entries for backlog

"a large number of things that you should have done before and must do now"

It really needs a gamer working at one of those places - "a large number of games that you should not have bought before and must play now, and yet you still pay for Game Pass"

Great thread by the way Mista Mista

Mattyp

Gold Member
I would never have tried 'My Friend Pedro' if it wasn't for Gamepass. If you have it, you owe it to yourself to try it. It's a very good game.

This is on my to play next week actually.

For all those interested, don’t think it’s been shared on any lists yet but “Tracks” takes about 30 minutes to 1000g I learnt this by accident, was looking for a relaxing game and love trains then made some tracks that we had going as screensavers for Christmas dinners. But an easy relaxing 1000g in 30 minutes for those point hunters not me personally know some of you love it but.

This is unquestionably a stupid question, but can you set desktop shortcuts to your individual Gamepass games? I had a quick fiddle about and couldn't find an obvious way to do it.

makaveli60

I have a couple of questions and I hope someone can answer it here. If I download a Game Pass game and then it later leaves the service... what happens then? Can I keep it and play it as long as I have a subscription? What if my subscription expires and then I subscribe again later? Can I still play this particular game? If I delete it, can I redownload it despite that it's officially gone from the service?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I have a couple of questions and I hope someone can answer it here. If I download a Game Pass game and then it later leaves the service... what happens then? Can I keep it and play it as long as I have a subscription? What if my subscription expires and then I subscribe again later? Can I still play this particular game? If I delete it, can I redownload it despite that it's officially gone from the service?
If a games leaves game pass you will not have the ability to play it unless you have purchased it. Game pass subscribers get a discount. I don't remember if its 10 or 20 percent.

Last edited:
I love this thing so far, mostly because I got the 3 months for a dollar. I never would have played stuff like Untitled Goose Game or Human Fall Flat without it.

It's also saved me from having to buy Outer Wilds, though if I like it enough I'll probably buy it on PSN in the future. I've only played an hour of it but it's been great so far. The music is amazing.

Mista

Banned
When it leaves you can’t play unless you purchase. You can do whatever with you want with a game once it’s installed even if your subscription expires it’ll still be there but once it leaves it’s gone for good
Wont Gears tatcics be on gamepass?
All Xbox exclusives will be on the game

makaveli60

When it leaves you can’t play unless you purchase. You can do whatever with you want with a game once it’s installed even if your subscription expires it’ll still be there but once it leaves it’s gone for good

All Xbox exclusives will be on the game
So as long as I keep it installed after it's gone I can still play it? Or did I misunderstand what you've written?

makaveli60

Only if you purchase it
Ok, so it's not similar to XBL Gold and PS+. A Game Pass game is only playable as a Game Pass game if it's part of the current list. If it's gone then it's gone, no matter if you downloaded before or not. Clear.

Kagey K

Banned
Frostpunk and SAO now available.

Walledhouse

Downloaded and beat Frostpunk yesterday, what a good day. Had a discord chat running with other guys giving the game a shot; sharing tips.

When I completed the game I gazed upon my many achievements and thought “Wow, I did really well!” Then I scrolled down through the list and saw things like “Survive 75 days on hard, endurance mode.” (0.02%) and it felt like my ding-dong caught frostbite.

Mista

Banned
Downloaded and beat Frostpunk yesterday, what a good day. Had a discord chat running with other guys giving the game a shot; sharing tips.

When I completed the game I gazed upon my many achievements and thought “Wow, I did really well!” Then I scrolled down through the list and saw things like “Survive 75 days on hard, endurance mode.” (0.02%) and it felt like my ding-dong caught frostbite.
Not my type of games but might give it a shot since it’s on game pass. Glad you enjoyed it

Top Bottom