• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Game Pass General Discussion

Chessmate

Banned
So you're ranting about this thread because you were banned for console wars stuff? Weird, but whatever. Anyway, do you have any examples of gamepass discussion that couldn't be discussed because of this thread? Or are you just mad that there aren't sixty threads on page 1 because you own MS stock or something?

People on here are clearly told to not start threads regarding Microsofts most popular service. Are there any comparable rules on Gaf? There are a ton of topics that are more interesting or disputed over a period of time than others.

By doing this, the mods prevent people from discussing the most heated topic in the gaming industry. Nobody will invest in starting decent threads that light a spark when they know mods will shut them down in an instant. That's how you kill a topic, that's what Resetera did with CD Project Red.

And funnily enough, that's what Russia or Iran do with topics like homosexuality: Let people discuss it in a controlled environment with strict rules and if people don't behave, "ban" them. In short, it's the very definition of censorship.

Last edited:

NickFire

People on here are clearly told to not start threads regarding Microsofts most popular service. Are there any comparable rules on Gaf? There are a ton of topics that are more interesting or disputed over a period of time than others.

By doing this, the mods prevent people from discussing the most heated topic in the gaming industry. Nobody will invest in starting decent threads that light a spark when they know mods will shut them down in an instant. That's how you kill and censor a topic, that's what Resetera did with CD Project Red.

And funnily enough, that's what Russia or Iran do with topics like homosexuality: Let people discuss it in a controlled space and if people don't behave, "ban" them.
Anyway, do you have any examples of gamepass discussion that couldn't be discussed because of this thread? Or just rants about homosexuality in Russia that somehow tie to gaming in your head?

DaGwaphics

Chessmate Chessmate , don't checkmate yourself with a ban, totally not worth it. We can still get a good discussion going even if we do get buried in some dusty corner somewhere.

We can't afford to piss the mods off too bad, we might get moved to a hidden page where we have to memorize the url. :messenger_beaming:

Last edited:

Chessmate

Banned
Anyway, do you have any examples of gamepass discussion that couldn't be discussed because of this thread? Or just rants about homosexuality in Russia that somehow tie to gaming in your head?

Nobody wants to read a thread titled "Xbox Gamepass General Discussion". You expect general boredom in here and that's what you get. People visit Gaf because they want to jump into heated topics, their daily chit chat and rants about their hobby.

Nobody wants to read through twenty pages of such a lame thread hoping they find sth interesting while browsing through a discussion that has no direction at all.

Anyway, why don't the mods start a thread "Playstation Games general discussion" and shut down any thread that doesn't meet their utterly high expectations of a Victorian tea party?

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

FIFA needs 9 months to come and by that time it's already over. This year it comes out in May when all football leagues finish their seasons and everyone is looking for the next season.

Considering that, it would be huge. Fifa games are the best sellers, number 1 in probably every European market for a long time.

This would be huge and I'd be ecstatic, but I doubt it's true. That's simply too much.

Never realized that it took that long to get the FIFA ones over there. I guess I've always just been more Madden, NBA, NHL when it comes to video games.

BigLee74

Finished alan wake last night.. great story that. Zero chance I would've bought that game..

Gonna try pray from the bethesda collection next, hearing good things.

Ive just completed Prey. It was very good. This is on the XSX though. I’d tried a couple of times on the old XOX, and I couldn’t get into it. The low frame rate and fast enemies made it a chore. And the load times.

60fps and quick loading have really made the game. Enjoy!

Mod of War

Ω
Staff Member
One more thought regarding Gaf mods: You guys remember how the mods on Resetera tried to wipe CD Project Red off the face of the earth? They only allowed one general, boring thread for Cyberpunk. With an introduction and rules they wrote themselves. At least they had political reasons. Mods on Gaf are just a bunch of silly fanboys (given their behavior).
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Mmnow

Nobody wants to read a thread titled "Xbox Gamepass General Discussion". You expect general boredom in here and that's what you get. People visit Gaf because they want to jump into heated topics, their daily chit chat and rants about their hobby.

Nobody wants to read through twenty pages of such a lame thread hoping they find sth interesting while browsing through a discussion that has no direction at all.

Anyway, why don't the mods start a thread "Playstation Games general discussion" and shut down any thread that doesn't meet their utterly high expectations of a Victorian tea party?
This combined with the burying of the Xbox community thread isn't a good look, but see it from a modding point of view. Every Game Pass thread is a shit show, and the same broad concern discussion bollocks them up every time (usually from the same few people).

Is it better to have that sort of thread where nobody can have a proper discussion anyway, because there are too many primary school drop outs discussing the sustainability of something they have no interest in or the knowledge to understand?

Or is it better to have this thread, which will hopefully even out into something a little bit more chilled out?

It'd be better if they could wave a magic wand and make it so that it wasn't a choice, but I can see why they've done what they've done.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

I was like wtf is going on in here? I thought an agreement was made and the majority that were unhappy with the decision were now content. Then that dude quoted me saying a bunch of nonsense like I was a mod, I was SO confused. Then he went on to make some other wild posts. Hey, alright.

MadPanda

Banned
Never realized that it took that long to get the FIFA ones over there. I guess I've always just been more Madden, NBA, NHL when it comes to video games.

Yeah, Europe is quite the opposite. Fifa, then something like 8 empty places then NBA, and that's probably it. You can find sales charts online if you're interested.

When can we expect a new slate OG games announcement? I thought it would be today but nothing happened. Not that I need any new games, but those announcements feel like opening gifts 😁

DaGwaphics

Yeah, Europe is quite the opposite. Fifa, then something like 8 empty places then NBA, and that's probably it. You can find sales charts online if you're interested.

When can we expect a new slate OG games announcement? I thought it would be today but nothing happened. Not that I need any new games, but those announcements feel like opening gifts 😁

IKR, there's always some that I think I'm going to checkout and then they get dropped before I get around to it. The luxury of too many options.

Bridges

I primarily play on Xbox, and I love Game Pass, but c'mon guys did we really need a new thread for every person who just wanted to say "Game Pass is the best thing to happen to gaming" or "Game Pass is the worst thing to happen to gaming". It makes much more sense for those threads to just be posts in a larger discussion. I don't think this was a bias thing, it was legitimately getting out of hand (I do think there's a similar thing going on with the Jim Ryan threads but that's neither here nor there).

New threads for new Game Pass additions and news makes sense, as long as we get that it feels like this is making mountains out of molehills. Not every hot take deserves an entire thread, imo.

Like they had a point in the whole "this thread absolutely kills any discussion about a massive positive Xbox service and there's a heavy Playstation slant here", but obviously comparing this to serious real world events was completely ridiculous. At worst it makes it slightly more annoying for xbox fans but that's not really anything new here from what I've heard, especially since there are other websites you could go to if it became unbearable. I mean it's just video games, and I say that even as somebody who has put countless hours into them.

That being said, I'm fine with this thread as long as big news and monthly new games are allowed to have posts made about them, which based on comments by mods that will be allowed

I will say though that I think things like sales figures and Digital Foundry comparisons should have their own thread (or sub-message board allowing different threads for each game, but not cluttering up the main page, but I don't know if something like that is possible with the way this website is set up). Especially this gen, a game performing marginally better on PS5 or XSX is basically nothing anymore, both systems are awesome and powerful, and with Game Pass and the increased focus on PC (even Sony seems to be porting some games there), game sales and console sales are even less relevant than they ever were (not that I ever cared, given I don't own stock in any of the companies)

turtlepowa

Banned
Not sure if this was posted already but:

Could be useful for a quick check to see if something is on GP. :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I posted it before, but i'm not surprised people missed it in this mess.

Last edited:
I primarily play on Xbox, and I love Game Pass, but c'mon guys did we really need a new thread for every person who just wanted to say "Game Pass is the best thing to happen to gaming" or "Game Pass is the worst thing to happen to gaming". It makes much more sense for those threads to just be posts in a larger discussion. I don't think this was a bias thing, it was legitimately getting out of hand (I do think there's a similar thing going on with the Jim Ryan threads but that's neither here nor there).

New threads for new Game Pass additions and news makes sense, as long as we get that it feels like this is making mountains out of molehills. Not every hot take deserves an entire thread, imo.

Some sense.

Like they had a point in the whole "this thread absolutely kills any discussion about a massive positive Xbox service and there's a heavy Playstation slant here", but obviously comparing this to serious real world events was completely ridiculous. At worst it makes it slightly more annoying for xbox fans but that's not really anything new here from what I've heard, especially since there are other websites you could go to if it became unbearable. I mean it's just video games, and I say that even as somebody who has put countless hours into them.

Stop with the persecution complex. There were like 20 gp threads all saying the same shit (game pass worship) and plenty of Sony are doom threads. That tells you this sonygaf nonsense the persecuted peddle is factually incorrect.

It was actually ruining the front page; honestly do you give a fuck that 1 person in 50,000 thinks gamepass is amazing? Well if you do there’s a mega thread for it now.

Is this thread about the games on GP or just somewhere for the fanboys on either side to dwell and die on their chosen hills?

Is the gaming side even about gaming any more?

It’s about gamepass and some of us were talking about games on it on the last page for it to be derailed again by a shill crying about the mods.

Zoro7

Banned
You are not wrong that this thread sucks and GAF is 90% blue, mods included. But come on, that was not necessary.
90% blue but we had to have a dedicated gamepass thread because of the number of gamepass threads. Doesn’t sound 90% blue to me. Or is it that the 10% green are unemployed?

Some sense.

Stop with the persecution complex. There were like 20 gp threads all saying the same shit (game pass worship) and plenty of Sony are doom threads. That tells you this sonygaf nonsense the persecuted peddle is factually incorrect.

It was actually ruining the front page; honestly do you give a fuck that 1 person in 50,000 thinks gamepass is amazing? Well if you do there’s a mega thread for it now.
I mean I agree with there being a thread for it, those "Game Pass is great" or "Game pass is ruining the industry" posts are just a waste of the front page and it makes sense to limit those specific threads to something like this. And I'm not saying we're prosecuted or oppressed or any of that nonsense, I'm just saying there's definitely a Sony slant to the userbase here (to be expected given sales gulf last gen), I don't really care much, as it's easy enough to filter out the bias, but like even those Game Pass worship threads were filled with people complaining about how it's terrible or how it will ruin game quality or calling it "Rent Pass", and certain comments getting way more likes than others makes it pretty obvious too.

I'm definitely an Xbox primary gamer but I've owned PS1/2/3/4, SNES/N64/Gamecube/Wii/U/Switch, and Xbox/360/One/XSX during their prime and will get a PS5 once I'm able to buy one, so my place in the console wars is somebody who doesn't care about which console you prefer, I just don't like fanboys of any side. And maybe there is some bias to myself, I'm not going to deny some level of bias towards Xbox, but in my short experience at Neogaf (like a month at this point) there is a definite strong preference towards Playstation, even including the flood of pro Game Pass posts that happened. Which once again, is expected and doesn't really matter so I'm not really complaining, just saying I can see that argument

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

I was like wtf is going on in here? I thought an agreement was made and the majority that were unhappy with the decision were now content. Then that dude quoted me saying a bunch of nonsense like I was a mod, I was SO confused. Then he went on to make some other wild posts. Hey, alright.

hopefully they can afford some good diapers with the savings from Gamepass.

Last edited:

DaGwaphics

I mean I agree with there being a thread for it, those "Game Pass is great" or "Game pass is ruining the industry" posts are just a waste of the front page and it makes sense to limit those specific threads to something like this. And I'm not saying we're prosecuted or oppressed or any of that nonsense, I'm just saying there's definitely a Sony slant to the userbase here (to be expected given sales gulf last gen), I don't really care much, as it's easy enough to filter out the bias, but like even those Game Pass worship threads were filled with people complaining about how it's terrible or how it will ruin game quality or calling it "Rent Pass", and certain comments getting way more likes than others makes it pretty obvious too.

I'm definitely an Xbox primary gamer but I've owned PS1/2/3/4, SNES/N64/Gamecube/Wii/U/Switch, and Xbox/360/One/XSX during their prime and will get a PS5 once I'm able to buy one, so my place in the console wars is somebody who doesn't care about which console you prefer, I just don't like fanboys of any side. And maybe there is some bias to myself, I'm not going to deny some level of bias towards Xbox, but in my short experience at Neogaf (like a month at this point) there is a definite strong preference towards Playstation, even including the flood of pro Game Pass posts that happened. Which once again, is expected and doesn't really matter so I'm not really complaining, just saying I can see that argument

There is no question there is a heavy Sony bias here. To the point it can be difficult to discuss anything in a positive way about Xbox, since almost all Xbox related threads will quickly be filled with drive-by troll posts etc. This happens some for positive Sony threads too, but not to nearly the same level. This thread is somewhat the same as we have some members complaining about prosecution complexes on the xbox side, all while Sony fans are posting thread after thread about the major MS conspiracy to ruin PS, LOL.

It would be great if we could all just enjoy the community and positive threads about both systems and Nintendo too. Sure Xbox threads probably wouldn't match Sony threads in post count since there are fewer members interested in Xbox here, but it would be nice without all the derailing.

But I guess gaming forums have never been like that and never will be. But one can dream.

I find it fucking hilarious that Xbox fans are getting banned in this thread for crying about "censorship" when the mods literally made a thread dedicated to Game Pass.

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
I find it fucking hilarious that Xbox fans are getting banned in this thread for crying about "censorship" when the mods literally made a thread dedicated to Game Pass.

What a huge gesture, from 6-8 ongoing threads about various games, gamepass, how it affects things, etc, to this dead thread that nobody seems to care about. Special award for most clueless post this week.

Last edited:
What a huge gesture, from 6-8 ongoing threads about various games, gamepass, how it affects things, etc, to this dead thread that nobody seems to care about. Special award for most clueless post this week.
The threads are ongoing because the mods allowed it. If you haven't noticed, this site mainly consists of PlayStation fans, so this was never going to be very popular. Gotta keep that console war going though, which mainly takes place in the game pass threads and performance threads. God forbid the mods to try to cut the senseless bickering and make a place for Xbox fans to discuss game pass in a dedicated thread. But of course, we can't have anything nice in the gaming section of Gaf.

Last edited:

THE DUCK

voted poster of the decade by bots
The threads are ongoing because the mods allowed it. If you haven't noticed, this site mainly consists of PlayStation fans, so this was never going to be very popular. Gotta keep that console war going though, which mainly takes place in the game pass threads and performance threads. God forbid the mods to try to cut the senseless bickering and make a place for Xbox fans to discuss game pass in a dedicated thread. But of course, we can't have anything nice in the gaming section of Gaf.

This place pretty much exists for bickering and console wars. Take it all away and you have a boring forum. Maybe I should start
Consoleloveforums.com.......
Or they can create a no arguing subsection.....

On a side note, I have also noticed the PlayStation fan % being higher.

Top Bottom