• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox 360 Retail Get!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Jerkface said:
Probably so people know that it's the Hard Drive, instead of taking it off thinking they don't need a ZOGB
People that don't know what ZOGB is probably won't know what HDD is either :p

I think they decided to do that for a reason of avoiding false advertising.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
There an image of it stacked on top of the OG XBOX anywhere? It's supposed to fit perfectly.

DaCocoBrova said:
There an image of it stacked on top of the OG XBOX anywhere? It's supposed to fit perfectly.

Hit the screenshots tab. We compare it with everything. We even go vertical with all the consoles that can be used vertically. SIDE TALKING RETURNS.

Feel free to ask any questions in here or in that forum link and I'll try to address them in our tests.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Marconelly said:
I think they decided to do that for a reason of avoiding false advertising.

Yeah, my computer said it came with a 50GB drive, but after I installed a bunch of shit, I only have 35GB available. I'm going to sue!

DaCocoBrova

They look awful stacked together...

So much for that idea.

See you in '06 360.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Is Street Fighter Aniversary Collection backwards compatible? I don't think it's listed on the list, and it would be a shame if you had to bust out the old Xbox just for that game.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
urk said:
Yeah, my computer said it came with a 50GB drive, but after I installed a bunch of shit, I only have 35GB available. I'm going to sue!
The obvious difference is, you can delete that shit if you chose so and have the space back.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Marconelly said:
The obvious difference is, you can delete that shit if you chose so and have the space back.

Yup, I can delete the OS and have my space back. Too bad I won't be able to do neato shit without installing stuff, which in turn takes up space. Your logic eats itself. Yummy.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
DaCocoBrova said:
They look awful stacked together...

So much for that idea.

See you in '06 360.

Your purchase was hinging on how the 360 looked stacked on top of an Xbox? Jesus.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
urk said:
Yup, I can delete the OS and have my space back. Too bad I won't be able to do neato shit without installing stuff, which in turn takes up space. Your logic eats itself. Yummy.

If you are implying that any of the 7GB is a part of the OS, you might want to think about the Core pack and its lack of a hard drive.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
DenogginizerOS said:
If you are implying that any of the 7GB is a part of the OS, you might want to think about the Core pack and its lack of a hard drive.

No, I am implying that in order for the drive to be utilized, it has to store data. You know, I can run Windows bare bones, but I'd rather download my software picks and load them up so the experience is better. The trade off? Less free space.

Either way, labling the drive 20GB is nowhere even near the wheelhouse of false advertisement. It is a volume metric and nothing more.

teiresias

So if you bought a caron labeled as having a gallong of milk and there was only one cup in it you wouldn't care, after all, it's a volume metric, nothing more.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
teiresias said:
So if you bought a caron labeled as having a gallong of milk and there was only one cup in it you wouldn't care, after all, it's a volume metric, nothing more.

Are you saying that the drive isn't 20GB, because I know you can't be that dense.

If you want to be upset that the software emulation and game packs are taking up so much disk space, fine, have at it. But let's not pretend that there is any kind of false advertising going on here, mkay?

DaCocoBrova

Your purchase was hinging on how the 360 looked stacked on top of an Xbox? Jesus.

Part of it. Nail in the coffin tho, as far as getting it at full price. I can wait...until there's a game I just have to have.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
urk said:
You can if you want to use the HDD simply as a disk for storing data, backups, etc. and have other disk(s) with OS. You apparently have no choice but to live with 7GB of something taking up the space on X360 HDD, even if you don't need that something and even if console obviously functions fine with no HDD (so no critical OS is actually installed there)

But let's not pretend that there is any kind of false advertising going on here, mkay?
I agree, now there's none.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Can we please get measurements on the power adapter? Thanks.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Marconelly said:
I agree, now there's none.

teiresias said:
Obviously there isn't since they removed the 20GB designation.

You may want to check the hard drive's packaging and subsequent description at every retail and online outlet as well as the 360's official site before you go thinking you have something there.

dorio

Banned
DaCocoBrova said:
Part of it. Nail in the coffin tho, as far as getting it at full price. I can wait...until there's a game I just have to have.
:lol Just when you thought you heard the dumbest thing someone comes along...

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Does the original Xbox look good with anything? The bastard is just plain ugly any way you slice it.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
urk said:
You may want to check the hard drive's packaging and subsequent description at every retail and online outlet as well as the 360's official site before you go thinking you have something there.
OK, you win. It's false advertising then!

Top Bottom