• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX 360: PGR3 Crashes (Link to a Video)

Gek54

Monkeys?

Edit: Ah working now. We had PGR3 freeze once durring a race but it didnt look like that. It never happened again.

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Mods, sticky this thread please. thx.

Sho Nuff

Banned
LOL nice crash, actual screen corruption.

On my Xbox 1, I only got a super loud buzzing sound and the screen would freeze.

DrEvil

not a medical professional
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS TO MY PC WHEN I PLAYGAMES!

Dammit, I've been trying to find a way to recreate this or explain what happens. Same look, same fucking SOUNDS. (the screetching pixelated? audio)

I have a radeon 9800 pro, Asus P4PE motherboard (this is likely the reason..) but whenever I play 3d games for more than 10 mins, THIS EXACT THING HAPPENS.

CAn anyone explain why? It's not power (i have a huge power supply); I'm almost gonna assume it's a conflict on the mobo; or memory perhaps... but yeah, It happened on my 9700 pro as well; so perhaps my AGP is botched?

-d

teiresias

DrEvil said:
THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS TO MY PC WHEN I PLAYGAMES!

Dammit, I've been trying to find a way to recreate this or explain what happens. Same look, same fucking SOUNDS. (the screetching pixelated? audio)

I have a radeon 9800 pro, Asus P4PE motherboard (this is likely the reason..) but whenever I play 3d games for more than 10 mins, THIS EXACT THING HAPPENS.

CAn anyone explain why? It's not power (i have a huge power supply); I'm almost gonna assume it's a conflict on the mobo; or memory perhaps... but yeah, It happened on my 9700 pro as well; so perhaps my AGP is botched?

-d

ATI in your PC . . . ATI in the X360 . . . hmmmmmmmm . . .

DrEvil

teiresias said:
ATI in your PC . . . ATI in the X360 . . . hmmmmmmmm . . .

Yeah yeah, hmmm mhmm; but i'm dead serious in saying it is IDENTICAL to what happens to me -- if it's happening in the 360, I'm almost gonna assume it's a memory issue, as I doubt 360s are using p4pe's :p

Stench

Banned
xsnots8sg.jpg

GhaleonEB

I wonder if this is software or hardware. All I heard was how unstable the pre-release builds for PGR3 were, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a casualty of trying to make launch. Reminds me of the GT2 fiasco a bit.

Yeah hopefully it's fixed by a driver update or software patch. Either way I don't play racers (well at least until Burnout 360). No biggie for me. heh :D

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
momolicious said:
now developers will abuse the Patch feature for consoles..

Thats my worst fear. Adding content through XBL is good but the advent of patches on consoles are going to lead to only negatives for Publishers trying to get a game out as fast as possible.

BioFan

GhaleonEB said:
I wonder if this is software or hardware. All I heard was how unstable the pre-release builds for PGR3 were, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was a casualty of trying to make launch. Reminds me of the GT2 fiasco a bit.

I dont know...been playing PGR3 for close to 10 hours, so far it's been good, beside that the CD came out really hot after playing for hours...I hope I wont be the next victim *cross finger*

GhaleonEB

BioFan said:
I dont know...been playing PGR3 for close to 10 hours, so far it's been good, beside that the CD came out really hot after playing for hours...I hope I wont be the next victim *cross finger*

I wonder if there are intermitant disc pressing issues, ala the Dreamcast launch with Sonic Adventure and a few others.

Oh no - another Dreamcast parallel! Ack!

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
GhaleonEB said:
I wonder if there are intermitant disc pressing issues, ala the Dreamcast launch with Sonic Adventure and a few others.

Oh no - another Dreamcast parallel! Ack!
Dreamcast LAUNCH you say? No way, the DC had disc issues all the way up until its death. It was the only console I've owned where I would worry about whether or not a game I just purchased would actually boot.

I still remember when I bought Skies of Arcadia (my most anticipated title at the time) and got home only to find that it would not load. Thankfully, I was able to start the game with disc 2 and, from then on, disc 1 also worked. At first, though, it was a no go.

Though, the launch period games did have the most trouble. My Sonic Adventure disc works on my DC and mine alone. Nobody else can use it. Very strange indeed...

GhaleonEB

dark10x said:
Dreamcast LAUNCH you say? No way, the DC had disc issues all the way up until its death. It was the only console I've owned where I would worry about whether or not a game I just purchased would actually boot.

I still remember when I bought Skies of Arcadia (my most anticipated title at the time) and got home only to find that it would not load. Thankfully, I was able to start the game with disc 2 and, from then on, disc 1 also worked. At first, though, it was a no go.

Though, the launch period games did have the most trouble. My Sonic Adventure disc works on my DC and mine alone. Nobody else can use it. Very strange indeed...

Now that you mention it, I had issues with disc 2 of Skies of Arcadia.

Didn't mean to strike a nerve, there... :p

PG2G

I haven't had freezing in PGR3, but I've had some freezing and 1 screwed up screen in the Dashboard.

dark10x said:
My Sonic Adventure disc works on my DC and mine alone. Nobody else can use it. Very strange indeed...

Funny you should say that, because I had the exact same issue! Only *my* DC would boot my Sonic Adventure disc, and not on the first try either. And then well the DC eventually died and stopped booting games altogheter. Piece of crap.

I'm really getting sick of optical media.

My DC would never boot games that came out late in it's life first go. I would have to turn it on...let it sit at the swirly screen for about 5 minutes, then restart it to get it to work. Strangely, I didn't have to do this with games early in it's life. Those worked fine.

Hooker

I get this when I overclock my system too much (Dean, I'm looking at you as well)

Sony & Nintendo are going to have a field day if this problem is a structural thing...

mrklaw

MrArseFace
if its a game bug then a patch might be acceptable. But only for these launch titles. Its likely MS have been more lenient with the requirements and testing for these first games, so patch away. But please shore up your certification and do more testing in the future, now that your hardware launch is behind you.

GhaleonEB

Blimblim said:
This definitely looks like an overheating problem.

I wonder if it's caused by poor system placement or just certain systems not ventalating properly.

Have you run into this, Blim?

DrEvil

Hooker said:
I get this when I overclock my system too much (Dean, I'm looking at you as well)

Sony & Nintendo are going to have a field day if this problem is a structural thing...

I don't overclock my system - I've been doing a bunch of memory tests lately; and my system has been hanging because of them, so I'm going to assume that one of my ram chips is probably faulty (memtest wall time freezes on test 5 at about 11:30 in; and pc check locked up too while doing a memory test)...

So I think I'm going to conclude that this PGR issue is that the RAM/Memory in that xbox is faulty, and this will probably happen on other games as well, not just PGR.

Only thing Is, I've got 2x512 sticks, gonna have to figure out which one it is that's causing the issues... :p

Blaster1X

Banned
Blimblim said:
This definitely looks like an overheating problem.
I dont trust this video... Right at the end of the video I hear a guy say "that didn't take long"

for all we know they probably set this up by placing a heating source close to the console or brick...

dont trust everything someone post online, there's a lot of haters out there..

trilobyte

Blaster1X said:
I dont trust this video... Right at the end of the video I hear a guy say "that didn't take long"

for all we know they probably set this up by placing a heating source close to the console or brick...

dont trust everything someone post online, there's a lot of haters out there..

Or it had crashed on them before and now they wanted video evidence.

anyway whenever I see that kind of crash on games on the PC, I find that it's more due to a hardware problem than software. 9 times out of 10 a heat problem on the video device.

Blaster1X

Banned
trilobyte said:
Or it had crashed on them before and now they wanted video evidence.
or they set it up knowing it would crash.

I know too many people who have 360s without problems to take a online videoclip seriously.. perhaps it did crash honestly... but we'll never know. All we got is a videoclip which doesn't show the console or brick in the footage.

COCKLES

being watched
For a moment it looked like the Matrix code on their screen when it crashed.

Perhaps Bizarre farmed some dev out to Shiny to meet the launch date.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.

Try going down to 4x AGP.

Okay what the fuck...NOW I am pissed.

I've been racing the past few days offline building up all my stuff. I've gotten to the point where I have 13 trophies of all gold and some platinum, some sweet ass cars, 3 garages....so last night I go to connect my account to xboxlive. Well...apparently when you do that it erases all your data, cuz now I have nothing in the garage, no trophies...nothing. EVERYTHING is gone. DAMNIT I'm mad. If theres any way to recover this stuff, please fill me in.

DrEvil

DaCocoBrova said:
Try going down to 4x AGP.

Mobo only supports 4x (lol i know); So I mean, I'm gonna test each memstick individually, and then get a new mobo when I can...

Liquid said:
i've been on live since day 1 with no such incident.

I think that's the problem. The data was erased when I converted my account to being on live it seems. This sucks =(.

Oh well, time to get it all back I guess.

Top Bottom