• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBOX 2024 Direct Officially Announced: January 18th (Featuring: Indiana Jones, Avowed, Hellblade)

Jigsaah

Gold Member
You know what, i went to make a sammich while listening to this presentation, expecting it to be a dud. But I mean I like Stellaris...this seems similar

I might give it a go. Not a priority but...I'm staying open minded.

near

Gold Member
Would be great if game studios would just focus on showing the game and stop trying to be popular faces of the studio. NO other product line has companies promote their products showing office staff trying to chum it up. even movie studios dont do this showing "Hey, here's out new movie, lets talk to the lighting crew and VFX desk guys doing the CGI trying to be personalities"

You can showcase double the time of the game if the people got less face time.
It's called developer direct for a reason. Devs and key staff members discuss aspects of their game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

DJ12

GEJpXM2X0AAkqRT

No Switch version, sorry folks.
No time to add that to this prerecorded crap.

Doesn't look like it would need much downgrading for the switch though.

Ozriel

M$FT
Yeah, not impressed with the pacing of this show at all.

Dragging on a PC only game for this long. Why not just have the devs voiceover the game so they don’t have to waste time showing the devs. Why did they have to burn seconds talking about player feedback and balancing wild animals ?

Krieger

These "cool features" they are talking about like wildlife or building monuments is shit I witnessed over 20 years ago, with Empire Earth.

Hellblade worked as a 2 hour little digital download.

This looks like the exact same thing, but with even less game. Its been 5 years and they can't even show more than a few seconds worth of total gameplay. At this point, why not just make it a show? This looks like an Until Dawn style experience, but with no choices.

I share the same sentiment. We've seen very little in the way of gameplay and we're only a few months out from release.

Looks amazing though. That's about all I can give it right now.

Ara
Notes:

1. ok the same format.
2. this is one of those games that will required deep scrutiny from hardcore games to assses how good/bad the design is. (cool concept of the simultaneous player turns)

Killjoy-NL

Guardians Of The Galaxy GIF

Like you said, Hellblade 1 was an amazing game, and if the developer said they had very good ideas that they couldn't really implement because of their limited budget and are now given practically an unlimited budget, wouldn't you be excited to see those results? I think that's the impression, everyone is really excited about it and it's now an Xbox exclusive. I don't think sales figures have ever been brought up.
You must have a short memory
Half the Xbox fanbase on Gaf and internet was cheering about how amazing this game is going to be and how it would easily outshine anything that would be released on the competing 9Tf machine.

I was already trying to tell people to lower their expectations a bit and it looks like it'll be jist more of the same.
That's all.

As I said, the 1st game was amazing and this game will be the same.
But it won't be the system-seller, i.e. top of the line product that blows away the competition.
So, I was talking more about the quality l, rather than actual sales numbers. But you probably know that already.

Top Bottom