• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WrassleGaf Wrestlemania Week Event |OT| Miami 2012 Meet-Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaladin

Now that we're less than a week out from the meet-up on Saturday, I need you guys to do me a favor. Give me a post here with the # of people you will have with you (including you) at the meet-up. I need an accurate head count and the cut-off will be Wed 5pm EST. I will then call the place we're meeting and make a reservation.

I don't want to say you'll be left out if you don't post, but I almost expect that place to be packed with Wrestlereunion close by. Please post.

Kaladin

The weather for Mania looks awesome....

1Meao.jpg

Now that we're less than a week out from the meet-up on Saturday, I need you guys to do me a favor. Give me a post here with the # of people you will have with you (including you) at the meet-up. I need an accurate head count and the cut-off will be Wed 5pm EST. I will then call the place we're meeting and make a reservation.

I don't want to say you'll be left out if you don't post, but I almost expect that place to be packed with Wrestlereunion close by. Please post.

Just me dude.

krae_man

Myself and a friend will be coming to the meetup.

Edit: Anyone going to the meetup also going to the Hall of Fame? Myself and my +1 could use a ride. It will be a little tight for time with the bus.

Kaladin

Edit: Anyone going to the meetup also going to the Hall of Fame? Myself and my +1 could use a ride. It will be a little tight for time with the bus.

It would probably be better if you got a cab around 7:15 or so if no one else is going to the HOF. You could ask the restaurant to call you one at 7.

24 hours and I will be in Miami.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
My bud will be stuck in Orlando more than likely, so just me for the meetup.

Have a safe drive djsandman!

Safe trip to the rest of you coming down too!

Unfortunately, I'm going to the DGUSA show that night. I imagine you've already looked it up, but the 119 bus will take you from Collins Ave (where the tavern is) to Biscayne (where the AAA is) in about 45 minutes. I used to work in that area, and I remember that bus goes by every 10-15 minutes.

A taxi ride will be about 20 minutes. If you can spare the money, I'd take djsandman's advice and take the cab. Otherwise, you'll probably want to leave for the bus stop before 7.

krae_man

My bud will be stuck in Orlando more than likely, so just me for the meetup.

Have a safe drive djsandman!

Safe trip to the rest of you coming down too!

Unfortunately, I'm going to the DGUSA show that night. I imagine you've already looked it up, but the 119 bus will take you from Collins Ave (where the tavern is) to Biscayne (where the AAA is) in about 45 minutes. I used to work in that area, and I remember that bus goes by every 10-15 minutes.

A taxi ride will be about 20 minutes. If you can spare the money, I'd take djsandman's advice and take the cab. Otherwise, you'll probably want to leave for the bus stop before 7.

I selected the 120 Beach MAX. Seems like they take an almost identical route. Well at least between the meetup and the Arena. Cab it is I guess.

krae_man

I'm here too. Ted Debiase Sr was on my flight.

My first show is tomorrow night. I'm taking it easy today. I'm tired as hell.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
You know it!

Section C, Row 1 Seat 8.....I'll be the one with the TNA hat on tonight.

I'm heading there straight from work. I'll be lucky to get there just before bell time, so Ill try to spot you and say hi at least!

So, don't freak out if you see a big, tall white dude with a long pony tail wearing this run up to you:

Either way, enjoy the show!

I'm so pumped to leave for Miami in 11 hours. Work was so hard to get through today. Hopefully I'll see some of you guys at ROH tomorrow night.

Kaladin

FYI, I have us registered for a group of 10 (that should cover us) at Nathan's Tavern for 6pm on Sat. It's under the name Wallace. We'll be there having some fun before Dragon Gate/HOF.

Be there.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I just got home and had some food and then proceeded to shower to get all the glass bits off me.

I got there late and I ended having a seat right in the front where, i shit you not, all the outside spots spilled out into. I had to get up constantly. It was fantastic. I only wish I had my glasses so I didn't have to shield my eyes so much from the glass flying at me during the CZW matches. Still can't say I'm a fan of CZW, but I have massive respect for the love for the business those guys must have to do what they do. And I was entertained as all hell, no doubt.

The Dragon Gate show was predictably awesome throughout. I'd be happy if the ROH show tomorrow is half as good as that was.

Best part of the night was during the PAC vs. AR Fox match when PAC spilled out of the ring and leaned on my knees to catch his breath long enough for me to go "Hey PAC, you're fucking awesome and all but I think I'm gonna get out of the way", to which he just grunted and nodded. Two seconds later, Fox flies out of the ring and spills onto PAC and all the chairs in the area I had just vacated.

Scary part of the night was poor Uhaa getting hurt on a similar spot in the three way elimination main event. It looked like they only caught his lower body so his back/head hit hard on the floor while his legs got extended. As they helped him out, it seemed like he was limping, so it might have been his legs more than anything else. :/

Djsandman: I thought i finally spotted you to my left, kind of facing directly at the corner turnbuckle during the CZW matches. I was going to try to catch you when the show was over, but after Drake thanked the crowd i looked over and you were gone. Or at least the dude in the TNA hat I thought was you was gone.

In any case, that was a fucking great start to the weekend. Time to sleep, and head to work before ROH Day 1 tomorrow!

Edit: And thanks djsandman for taking the initiative and setting up the get together for everyone.

Kaladin

I just got home and had some food and then proceeded to shower to get all the glass bits off me.

I got there late and I ended having a seat right in the front where, i shit you not, all the outside spots spilled out into. I had to get up constantly. It was fantastic. I only wish I had my glasses so I didn't have to shield my eyes so much from the glass flying at me during the CZW matches. Still can't say I'm a fan of CZW, but I have massive respect for the love for the business those guys must have to do what they do. And I was entertained as all hell, no doubt.

The Dragon Gate show was predictably awesome throughout. I'd be happy if the ROH show tomorrow is half as good as that was.

Best part of the night was during the PAC vs. AR Fox match when PAC spilled out of the ring and leaned on my knees to catch his breath long enough for me to go "Hey PAC, you're fucking awesome and all but I think I'm gonna get out of the way", to which he just grunted and nodded. Two seconds later, Fox flies out of the ring and spills onto PAC and all the chairs in the area I had just vacated.

Scary part of the night was poor Uhaa getting hurt on a similar spot in the three way elimination main event. It looked like they only caught his lower body so his back/head hit hard on the floor while his legs got extended. As they helped him out, it seemed like he was limping, so it might have been his legs more than anything else. :/

Djsandman: I thought i finally spotted you to my left, kind of facing directly at the corner turnbuckle during the CZW matches. I was going to try to catch you when the show was over, but after Drake thanked the crowd i looked over and you were gone. Or at least the dude in the TNA hat I thought was you was gone.

In any case, that was a fucking great start to the weekend. Time to sleep, and head to work before ROH Day 1 tomorrow!

Edit: And thanks djsandman for taking the initiative and setting up the get together for everyone.

Yeah that was me, we had to head out quickly because of the drive and my friend hadn't slept in over 30 hours at that point.

I'm sitting front row center on the stage for ROH tonight. Keep an eye out for me I have my Colony shirt and Indians hat on.

Just got back from the ROH show it was freaking unbelievable. Go out of your way to see Storm vs Bennett (Good lord Maria is soooooooo hot...... like really hot) Steen vs Generico (probably going to be the best match of the weekend regardless of promotion) and Strong vs Richards vs Edwards (while usually not a fan of super long Strong matches this one was awesome.)

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Just got home. I'll echo Bill on his thoughts. The card in general was good, but the second half was absolutely great. I'm doing the ROH/DGUSA/$5 wrestling trifecta, along with the meetup tomorrow, and this time I won't be coming from work so hopefully I'll get there early and with a charged phone to check in.

Uhaa actually tore his patellar tendon planting for his flip which made him undershoot and hit his head. Sadly he'll be out a long time. I'll be at the meetup, dgusa, and $5 tonight.

Not gonna be able to do the meet up, ROH shows were effing fantastic live.

Roddy Piper was on our connecting flight from Minnesota, but we didn't want to bother him for a pic or anything. Dude got swarmed by losers waiting with merch to be signed at baggage claim.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Not gonna be able to do the meet up, ROH shows were effing fantastic live.

Roddy Piper was on our connecting flight from Minnesota, but we didn't want to bother him for a pic or anything. Dude got swarmed by losers waiting with merch to be signed at baggage claim.

DJSandman was right then. We were short one. He got a picture of us he should post soon.

If you want, it seems pretty much everyone, but me, tentatively agreed to meet up at the Deauville hotel at 3:30 to make it to the stadium for Mania by 5 PM.

I live about 15 minutes from the stadium, so I'm just planning to meet everyone there.

Kaladin

vWCAr.jpg

This is the group from the meet-up. I'll update with names later...may need help.

From left to right:

krae_man, standing: BillRiccio, mechashiva, non-Gaffer, ZeroRay, standing: non-Gaffer, sitting: non-Gaffer, djsandman, Breakyboy

not present: Perspicacity, rvd2kewl, Spindashing, Heavy, Frankman

Ended up spending the day on the beach. If anyone's sitting in section 115 give me a holla, I'll be the tall white guy in an Ultramantis Black shirt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom