• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would you stop buying PS consoles if Sony released their games on PC day 1?

Would you stop buying PS consoles if Sony released their games on PC day 1?

• Yes

Votes: 265 50.1%
  • No

Votes: 264 49.9%

• Total voters

Fabieter

There are PS gamers who’re playing on PC too, that’s why Xbox was said to be irrelevant when MS started porting their games last gen, so there will be some overlapping.

But going by Helldivers 2 there should be no concern about day 1 releases, the game sold incredibly well on both platforms. Google says HD2 broke Ragnarök’s 12 week record and Ragnarök was on PS4+PS5.

That said, I absolutely understand why Sony do late releases, same as MS now on PS. They get bonus sales once they’ve stopped selling on their own platform. And they hope FOMO will sell some extra consoles.
But I just don’t think that last thing works. A PC gamer buying a console to play an exclusive is probably less likely than a PS gamer buying a Xbox to play Redfall. Almost all my friends play on PC, I’ve not once seen anyone buy a console for an exclusive.

Nintendo begs to differ. Its just not measureable for us, but iam quite sure arrogant Sony think they can retain all of their console base and just expand. Let's see how it goes. But to say that it definitely won't have any meaningful impact on consoles sales is definitely wrong. We can't know that and either can't Sony. It's a gamble for them!

With all the day one sony hype I would expect until dawn remake at least hit 100k ccu on steam. Let's see how that goes.

Last edited:

HerjansEagleFeeder

Gold Member
As fucked up as a statement like this is. I'm not even surprised individuals with this mentality, such as yourself, would say this.
Haha, what? Please don't tell me you feel offended even though I, with not a single word, made the implication that all console users are lazy and/or stupid. You need to work on your reading comprehension, then.

Three

Going by enthusiast boards most PC gamers have a 4080 or higher.
Going by Steam hardware stats most people have a 3060 or lower.

The loss would barely be seen.

Sony could gain from more excited enthusiast PC gamers since they talk a lot and stream and post screenshots, which could help sell games.

Right now every Sony exclusive comes with negativity from loud complaints about the exclusivity and PC delay plus port begging.
The negativity and port begging comes from the same boards though that you say don't align with the stats. A lot of normal people just buy the console and enjoy the game. If they didn't need to they likely wouldn't. I don't think the survey would differ much if it were asked outside of neogaf.

Fabieter

The negativity and port begging comes from the same boards though that you say don't align with the stats. A lot of normal people just buy the console and enjoy the game. If they didn't need to they likely wouldn't. I don't think the survey would differ much if it were asked outside of neogaf.

Especially in the time of influencers!

EDMIX

Nope.

I literally own several gaming PC's right now and have been building for decades, that doesn't I ONLY wish to play on PC. Lots of shit either doesn't work correctly on PC, needs tons of work arounds or many developers just make bad PC versions of games.

Shit I love Sony, but even look at their The Last Of Us remake PC version....that is one of the biggest reasons why I would never really go 1 system only or something. I love that many are playing Ghost and played God Of War 2018 and Horizon etc, but playing those games on Playstation is how I enjoy them. Tekken being on PC isn't going to have me capture the same feeling of using a PS controller to do some of my favorite combos.

(I also get that I can put on the PS controller and map the buttons ,but trust me folks, its not the same thing)

So some titles I prefer on console, some I prefer on PC.

That really isn't going to change as many 3rd party games that come on PC, I ignore and just get the PS version lol

Sintoid

Nope
PC just cost way too much and hardware prices are too floaty for me
I can live perfectly without being ad hardware Chad keeping cash in my pocket

Last edited:

sendit

Yes, no questions asked (I have no loyalty towards Sony's hardware). This is one of the reasons that killed the Xbox.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Prob not consoles are just easier to deal with, with kids that are getting older prob switch back to consoles in near future for the easy of use.

KungFucius

King Snowflake
That’s one way for PlayStation to shoot itself in the foot.
Why? Most PC gamers that have PSx's just buy Sony Exclusives. If the console is a loss leader and I buy a few exclusives and an extra controller then They lose a little on me, but if that means they sell more of their games on PC day 1 to other gamers because the launch hype and combine marketing effort helps then there is a break even point and even a do better possibility.

Fabieter

Why? Most PC gamers that have PSx's just buy Sony Exclusives. If the console is a loss leader and I buy a few exclusives and an extra controller then They lose a little on me, but if that means they sell more of their games on PC day 1 to other gamers because the launch hype and combine marketing effort helps then there is a break even point and even a do better possibility.

So nintendo is stupid to not releasing all games day one on PC? Because console only peeps would still buy nintendo consoles and nintendo wouldnt lose anything?

Neofire

Haha, what? Please don't tell me you feel offended even though I, with not a single word, made the implication that all console users are lazy and/or stupid. You need to work on your reading comprehension, then.
Where did I say you said all? I know you WS's like to gaslight and insult so spare me the IWAISS rhetoric.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
I am sure there are still other reasons to buy a console over PC, such as using a console and PS+ subscription.

Top Bottom