• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Would Sony screw up their PS5 launch by skipping E3 again next year?

Would be funny but i seriously doubt they would give a free pass to ms unloading all the new shit they have been working on

I expect a usual Sony launch pattern.....2 years of skeleton first party titles padded with indies and third party titles with exclusive content until around year 3 where the studios catch up

Freeman76

When Sony are market leaders, they are arrogant enough to do this for sure. I will buy a PS5 for sure, when there are a few exclusives and it drops in price a little, but MS are gonna be so attractive as they have been going above and beyond in the past year and I expect that to be dialled up to 11 next year. PS5 will outsell scarlett and Sony know it.

Kagey K

Banned
If there was ever an E3 that was a must attend, I feel like the ones right before console drops, such as this year are the ones you go to and pay special attention to.

I know I will be going out of my way to try to attend this one.

B_Boss

Wait...no one actually believes Sony is going to skip the E3 where they announce their newest console lol? That'll never happen...in this world or the next.

I don't personally will. The brand will speak for itself and people will buy it. I would certainly raise an eyebrow if Sony didn't do their own event like Microsoft did with X019 though.

Fnord

At this specific moment in time, E3 needs PlayStation more than PlayStation needs E3. Sony could skip E3 and have their own unveiling event and be no worse for wear. Maybe even make out better not being among all the E3 noise. It would, however, cement the notion that E3 is irrelevant.

Aceofspades

Banned
Dude, Sony obliterated MS Last E3 by doing ....an online blog article!

The brand is simply too big to be affect by a mere conference. If anything its the opposite.

Jtibh

Banned
Speculation suggests from the inside, that Sony may skip E3 again in 2020, at a time they would arguably need it the most. They have a new console coming out next year so it would be essential for them to appear. However, the talk on the sheets is that they aren't going to show up.

A blunder this bad would be more horrific than the $599 PS3 presentation. In America and other select countries, E3 generates excitement that goes into the holiday season impacting sales. Children rely on videos and news coverage of E3 to help their parents know what to buy for them for their birthday or on Christmas Day.

Do you think, assuming Sony's skipping E3 next year, that they will be devastated at launch or do you think they can still have a successful launch without E3?
Well you skipped E3 with your stadia and look what happened. So yeah by skipping it they would have to quit the industry within 6 months.

Aion002

I don't thinks so.

I think that most consumers don't care about e3.

If Sony shows the right games, a reasonable price and a well built console, E3 won't make a difference with the vast majority of consumers.

Especially outside of USA.

Airbus Jr

Banned
Voost Kain back in the game... posting troll threads and not participating in the discussion. Can somebody take away his thread-creating-rights?

Same here

Really tired seeing this guys post

Dude sure loves to instigate people and always anoying

I saw no benefit at all from his post , just creating more distraction and provokes people to fight at each other

Some people like him seems to love and enjoyed doing something like this

Last edited:
Top Bottom