• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft: Dragonflight launches November 28th

ManaByte

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
I am gladly eating crow as I did not expect this to come out this year. Still not sold on it after the travesty of the last three expansions - but I will hop in if things are still looking good a month or two after release.

Wooxsvan

Awkward Cricket GIF

i'll resub for a lil

N1tr0sOx1d3

Given another chance
If there is something that illustrates the sad state of the game industry and it's lack of ambition it's WoW. Look at what they were able to do in 2005 and what they are able to do now. Embarrassing.
To be fair, Blizzard have been consistently crap over the last 10 years.
I’ll never get over how they handled Warcraft 3 reforged.
Way to destroy your legacy……

Pejo

FULQc0hWAAEUgni

Let's go fursisters and scalesisters! It's time to Warcraft!

I won't give this empty husk of WoW any more mindshare after the last 2 expansions, but I am curious from those of you that still keep up on it - is Alexstrasza playing a major role in this expansion or nah?

Pejo

I mean, she's on the box art.
World-of-Warcraft-Dragonflight-expansion-announced-with-new-dragon-race.jpg
Downgraded design, as expected of modern Bliz, but damn, her tragic story is one of my favorites in the Warcraft universe. I don't think they have what it takes to make something interesting now, but maybe I'll at least read the story summaries down the road.

Well, 10.0.0 prepatch dropped. The new U.I. improvements are pretty great, but that's if you've been using standard U.I. and not on of the many replacements available. Still, it's a great baseline that was long overdue. I really like the auto-targeting interaction dedicated button.

Really happy to see skill-trees back. The way the system has been for the last decade or so really discouraged player experimentation and unique builds. It's a much better system, love that a lot of the "player power" abilities from previous expansions are now just baseline talents available to pick from. And being able to switch talent builds pretty much wherever you want and with no penalty of gold cost is very encouraging to experimenting with different builds while you're out in the world.

I haven't played much WoW over the years, my wife has been playing pretty much from the moment I met her, but I'll say, I've leveled up 2 characters to level 60 with her the last few weeks and have had a great time. Playing it much slower and reading the quests and just kind of soaking the world in has been so much fun. I really look forward to Dragon Riding, as it really addresses a much need tweak to traversing the world.

Last edited:

Akuji

its a very bad take.

i hope its about as good as shadowlands so they can finally get together. Talk about all the fucking mistakes and can try to do a new mmorpg.
Retail Wow is fucking dead to me.

Downgraded design, as expected of modern Bliz, but damn, her tragic story is one of my favorites in the Warcraft universe. I don't think they have what it takes to make something interesting now, but maybe I'll at least read the story summaries down the road.
Are you calling her a downgraded design because you cannot see her stomach in this picture? I might not be observant but that's the only real change I see outside of taking her hair out of the 1980s and getting a better set of pauldrons.

Pejo

Are you calling her a downgraded design because you cannot see her stomach in this picture? I might not be observant but that's the only real change I see outside of taking her hair out of the 1980s and getting a better set of pauldrons.
Whatever you say my man. I'm not that invested in WoW anymore that I continue to care. This was the version sold to me 10-20 years ago, you can argue personal tastes all you want:
GWqzj9o.jpg

I'm asking you what is a downgrade to you, and you're not stating it. I'm not sure she has the glowy eyes anymore because she gave up her power as an aspect to defeat Deathwing [I think], and I didn't think about that as a comparison with the box art. I guess I also didn't see that she isn't wearing an armor-lore thong [+999 defense] in the first picture too, thought it was just covering her stomach, so maybe that is bothering you.

If anything, I would like her to look more like the Dracthyr, but less "furry/cartoony" and with more seriousness in the redone version with significant amounts of scales. It just seems like that would be more lore appropriate given the direction of the Dracthyr species.

Last edited:
Loving the new patch, and had a ton of fun in Dragonflight Alpha since early August. This one is gonna be good based of the raids and dungeons I did in the beta. End-game systemsl looking much better too!

Tomi

To bad i lost all credibility in Blizzard as a company, if that wasnt a case i would probably buy this day one

Hardensoul

If you want to get quick level to current max 60 and gear prep for Dragonflight. Do the pre xpansion event. Also Evoker starts at 58 but by the time out out their area Evoker hits 60 level cap.

I got back on during Halloween event! Damn been 16 yrs still no Headless Horseman mount!!

This is a really good interview, explains a lot of how each expansion is design and when the development is started.

It's so funny how preach made a video his quitting WoW completely. Then returns to WoW by visiting Blizzard HQ. It's insane how WoW is a game that just makes people come back to, it's a timeless classic whether the expansion is good or bad. I love this fucking game.

Hardensoul

It's so funny how preach made a video his quitting WoW completely. Then returns to WoW by visiting Blizzard HQ. It's insane how WoW is a game that just makes people come back to, it's a timeless classic whether the expansion is good or bad. I love this fucking game.
Shadowlands became one of the worst xpansions for me, quit over a year ago and the systems and mandatory grinding new currency almost every new content patch and then there's choreghast. Fo me it wasn't alt friendly. I went from palying 6-8 alts regularly to just 2-3 and I dreaded doing quest/grinds for their covenants and legendaries.

Top Bottom