• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Witchfire

pf3Qy9Z.jpg

Platform: PC (EGS Exclusive for EA)
Release Date: Early Access September 20th, 2023

Anyone else playing this game?

Enjoying it greatly! Thought I would make a thread to share more!

Anyone else playing Witchfire?

Really enjoying it!

We have a small community going too with some Halloween events coming up.

Great game for the season and a fun community to play with!

Last edited by a moderator:

Denton

I think most people (incl. me) are waiting for the final release next year on steam rather than paying for the privilege of being paying betatesters on epig fail store tbh

But glad to read you are enjoying it, write up some impressions.

whyman

I was super hyped for this game. Then they went with the only store I can’t stand. I doubt I will be interested still in a year. They should have done early access on steam but maybe it was not possible financially.

Luipadre

crossposting from trailer topic

Watched some gameplay. Game looks decent, but i have a feeling they scrapped the whole game like 2 years ago and quickly made this into a roguelike with the assets they made during development. It looks nothing like the old trailers and the content is pretty shallow. Will keep an eye on this one tho. Might grab it when it comes to steam with 1.0 probably in 3 years lol

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
I don't understand why I lost interest in this game, but it happened. I might give it a try if it receives high praises when the 1.0 version comes out. It seems like an ideal game for Game Pass. You can handle this for 2 million dollars Phil, come on.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Been streaming it myself nightly if you wanna check it out. I’m under fthisimout23 on purple streaming service.

It’s an absolutely fantastic game and being made by 12 people. Super smooth controls! Should be on anyone’s wish list of your like fps shooters and dark souls kinda games

Been streaming it myself nightly if you wanna check it out. I’m under fthisimout23 on purple streaming service.

It’s an absolutely fantastic game and being made by 12 people. Super smooth controls! Should be on anyone’s wish list of your like fps shooters and dark souls kinda games
Agreed!

Loving it too. Would you be willing to share the link to our community fan discord for Witchfire when you’re streaming again?

Would mean a lot!

Link is in OP!

Last edited:
So they made it roguelite, huh? Is the gun play as snappy as in Destiny 2? If yes, I'll give it a shot once it leaves early access and launches on console.

Last edited:

drotahorror

I've watched a video or 2 about this early access (Splattercat comes to mind). Being Epig only turns me off big time. I probably won't support this when it finally comes to Steam. Hope it was worth it for the devs, I thought it looked quite promising.

VN1X

Banned
You can report your own thread and add some details to the thread title.

EDIT: Was hyped for it but then it switched to EGS so I'll get excited for it again when it releases on Steam. With all of the updates. And any additional content. And a cheaper price.

Last edited:
I’ll play this at some point. Roguelike is not an issue for me, I often prefer it. These guys understand how to do Epic exclusivity too - release on Epic in early access and get the moneybag, then do the full release on Steam without diluting the hype with a delayed release.

Dorfdad

Gold Member
This used to look fucking cool. Then a bunch of whatever happened and rogue this and that and I'm at minus zero interest.
You should give it a watch or try its kinda amazing imho every time you level up the witch releases new variants / harder minions also. While EA has only one land so far I have spent about 15 hours and not seen it all or beat it yet

Last edited:

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Witchfire is available now with performance-multiplying NVIDIA DLSS 3 and the best responsiveness with NVIDIA Reflex.

Armed with strange weapons and forbidden pagan magic, hunt a powerful witch holding the key to your salvation. Witchfire is a dark fantasy roguelike shooter from the creators of Painkiller, Bulletstorm, and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

Bulletzen72

I've really been enjoying this! The gunplay is on point and gives me Destiny 2 feels. It looks great too. I usually don't like rogue like games but the short runs are good and not too time intensive, which I appreciate right now.
I stated as such on Resetera and got banned! Apparently the developer is "problematic" so the game has been cancelled there! I stated that should not effect a game that has been developed by a team just trying to make a living.
Anyway!
Banned!
Funnily enough a big thread developed there asked - "have you ever boycotted a game?" And over 50% said no and they would not.....which got closed!
Crazy stuff!

Anyway rant over!

Game is VERY good, but the potential is even more interesting! One to keep an eye on when it releases and leaves Epic Store!

ChoosableOne

ChoosableAll
This is boring. Core gameplay is not that good. The atmosphere and world felt suffocating to me. The enemies all seem the same, and they're almost indistinguishable on the screen. Perhaps it becomes more enjoyable as you progress, encountering new enemies and acquiring new weapons. However, it wasn't fun enough to motivate my progress.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Ghost Galleon Update brings tons of new content and features to Witchfire. Some gameplay systems -- like Calamities -- have been redesigned from scratch, and some -- like Gnosis -- are brand new. New weapons, spells, magical gear, enemies, traps, events ...and The Collector, an enigmatic creature that can supply you with unique items -- for a price.

And then there's the Ghost Galleon...

Top Bottom