• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winnie the Pooh horror movie trailer #1

cormack12

Gold Member

Winnie the Pooh: Blood and Honey was first announced in May, shortly after the original copyright for the famous children's character ended.

Filmmakers are now legally free to use the works of author A.A. Milne for inspiration for the first time and adapt some of his characters for new projects.

The film trailer depicts a grown-up Christopher Robin returning to the 100 Acre Wood, which he abandoned after growing out of his childhood years. In his absence, Winnie the Pooh and Piglet have grown resentful and now have a lust for blood. The movie is directed by Rhys Waterfield, who also wrote and co-produced the film.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
Lol. That looked worse than I thought. A truly piss poor trailer for a very pathetic and childish idea for a film.

Personally, I don't think art should ever go into public domain. It would force people to get more creative rather than lazily using existing characters or stories.

MrA

Agressively bad. The idea of a Pooh horror is great, but this looks terrible.
Thing is this is just what looks like a bottom of the barrel slasher flick with an extra dumb looking villain,
Some sort of psychological thriller now that could have been interesting , but this is just friday the 13th with an animal mask

Doom85

Agressively bad. The idea of a Pooh horror is great, but this looks terrible.

Seriously, given Pooh and his friends often encounter scary creatures (or what they perceive as scary creatures) in the woods, they should have gone that angle but with a legit horror vibe. Making Pooh and Piglet (and everyone else is already dead? Lame) into the killers feels forced and stupid. Especially since the Christopher Robin film already covered the whole “he grows up” angle.

Javthusiast

Banned
Director to studio:

sitepandawhalecom GIF

I still think they need to make a horror around thomas the tank engine, and the fat controller being a maniac who abducts homeless people and children to implant their consciousness in trains, buses etc.

Top Bottom