• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why havent Skies of Arcadia been remade yet?

cireza

Because it isn't as good of a game as your remember. Awful generic story, stale gameplay, paper thin characters. It got away with a lot because it had a compelling world/theme, nice graphics, and good atmosphere, and because it was one of the premiere RPGs on a system that didn't have many.
Replayed it last year, and it was still an absolute masterpiece. Not saying there is nothing to improve at all, but all the ingredients are here for an awesome remake.
Overall it was just as good as I remembered, as far as I am concerned. But thank you for your amazing contribution.

Last edited:

KiteGr

Great game, but what I miss the most is the 90s anime adventure feeling.

Otherwise the graphics are dated and the combat gets old (especially since the party is 4 people big, with just the 4rth member occasionally changing.

Because Sega has a very busy schedule of other games to work on.

*Spoiler*
Sonic game
Yakuza Game
Yakuza spin off game
Sonic 2D game
Sonic game
Yakuza spin off

I don’t want to keep spoiling their upcoming schedule, so I’ll leave it at that.
Just like Nintendo make sequels to IP that sell because we need more Mario, more Zelda, more Smash Bros, but sod F Zero, Pilot Wings, Star Fox and Wave Race

Likening Sega’s output to Nintendo’s is quite the reach.
The same Diff. How many more Mario Sports games do we need, how many more Zelda's do we need? All the while NCL doesn't care about Wave Race, Pilot Wings, F-Zero and Star Fox. Don't tell us, sales....

Deerock71

Game is highly overrated
Adam Devine Hbo GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The same Diff. How many more Mario Sports games do we need, how many more Zelda's do we need? All the while NCL doesn't care about Wave Race, Pilot Wings, F-Zero and Star Fox. Don't tell us, sales....

It’s sales, but also manpower. Nintendo maybe hasn’t done Starfox or Pilot Wings, but they’ve done Fire Emblem, Warioware, Advance Wars, Splatoon, Luigi’s Mansion, Xenoblade, etc..

It’s not an exaggeration to say that Sega is a Yakuza/Sonic machine.

Chastten

Banned
A remake of a game that already failed twice wouldn't do 'very well' unfortunately.

At best it would do moderately well, but in all likelihood, it would do pretty bad. :(

And I'm saying this as a big fan of the game.

It’s sales, but also manpower. Nintendo maybe hasn’t done Starfox or Pilot Wings, but they’ve done Fire Emblem, Warioware, Advance Wars, Splatoon, Luigi’s Mansion, Xenoblade, etc..

It’s not an exaggeration to say that Sega is a Yakuza/Sonic machine.
We can't say manpower in this day and age ;). I highly doubt SEGA has a workforce anywhere near the size of Nintendo, but there's more to SEGA than just sequels to Sonic and Yakuza; SEGA also like to milk Football Manager, Persona, Total War and PSO2 (it would be nice to get a proper sequel)

cireza

PSO2 (it would be nice to get a proper sequel)
With PSO we are fucked. The series is condemned to be GaaS shit, we will never get back to the days of PSO1 or PSU. PSU was excellent, it required a subscription, but this type of approach was of course much more respectful of the players and provided quality content. Ambition of Illuminus (its extension) was excellent.

New PSO games will forever be inventory simulators and cosmetic simulators, where you are supposed to pay for useless things or for having an actually manageable inventory. Trash.

With PSO we are fucked. The series is condemned to be GaaS shit, we will never get back to the days of PSO1 or PSU. PSU was excellent, it required a subscription, but this type of approach was of course much more respectful of the players and provided quality content. Ambition of Illuminus (its extension) was excellent.

New PSO games will forever be inventory simulators and cosmetic simulators, where you are supposed to pay for useless things or for having an actually manageable inventory. Trash.
I agree with you. PSU was great but the scope of the game was just too big and the single player mode should have been a separate project. I did hear talk of SEGA making a big budget PSO 3 but that seems to have been bullcrap.
One can hope mind

Top Bottom