• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why do I dream of things that don’t exist?

Tesseract

Banned
problem is that sometimes the important dreams are deemed unimportant, feel like the same is true of thoughts and biases

gotta constantly destroy yourself, it's the only way

Airola

YZM0u1V.gif

Airola

This is the weirdest attempt at a brag thread I’ve ever seen...

Anyway, there is nothing special or interesting about your dreams or mind Op, everyone does that, we don’t have enough understanding of how the human mind works at the moment to give you any sort of real answere other than “it’s your mind generating all that from the all the experiences you’ve had In life”.

Lol, did you just get jealous of someone else's dreams :D

That’s your other life. When they goto sleep they wonder the same thing about your life.

This was the plot of one The Outer Limits episode. The main character lived two lives. He/she always thought the other life was a dream and the current life is real. Lived one life, went to sleep, started to live another life and thought the previous life was a dream, until he/she went to sleep again and jumped back to the earlier life and then thought that was real and the one he/she just was in was just a dream. I don't remember much about that episode but I remember it was really interesting. Saw it in the 90's and haven't seen it since.

Going to be a bit blunt here, but sometimes dreams are just dreams and there is no meaning to it. It is just the subconscious putting a random assortment of information together that feigns coherence, like it is reality.

However, sometimes dreams do have some meanings (I'm not talking supernatural here, as supernatural dreams seem like bs). Sometimes, your psyche tries to tell you something you may know subconciously but not conciously.

I remember right after my Dad died, I always dreamed of him. He was alive and well, but when I woke up I felt so sad. My waking mind was always so confused, how can he both be here and not be here? My grief was affecting the way I dreamed. I don't remember much about my dreams, but I remember being surprised when I saw him and he was almost always the center of the dream. I also remember one where I could time travel to be with him again and try to stop his death.

Is something different in your life or are you experiencing trauma?

Nothing noteworthy happened in my life recently, but I do have insecurities that show up in my dreams every now and then. I don't think I have a trauma, but then again who knows, maybe I do but I'm not aware of it.

Phobos11

Neophyte
Take your dreams and places that don't exist and make them a reality in a video game. MMO or something that nature.

Top Bottom