• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which sensation do you enjoy more, being drunk or being high?

• Drunk

Votes: 49 28.3%
  • High

Votes: 69 39.9%
  • Always Sober

Votes: 55 31.8%

• Total voters

mortal

Gold Member

I think I enjoy being high way more than being drunk. I still have control over my motor functions, which I really do appreciate having.
So for me it's high = sober > drunk. Also drunk sex is overrated imo.

mortal

Gold Member
Oh of course 😇
tumblr_mdwe4kJckU1qhat21.gif

mortal

Gold Member
Never enjoyed being high despite trying it a number of times over the year. I love being tipsy though, as it really does bring out a better version of myself, as unfortunate as that sounds.
They don't call it liquid courage for nothing. I love dancing when I'm tipsy, it's really fun :messenger_grinning_sweat:

mortal

Gold Member
High off what?
I don't really like any of that.
Once I did coke, that was pretty nice but I hear that its habit forming. I don't like weed.
Nothing in particular. Just if you enjoy the sensation of being high, whatever the substance.

I've never done coke personally, so I can't say. I wouldn't mind trying it at least once in my life, just to understand what the experience is like.
Just as you said, I'm not too keen based on its reputation for being addictive.

belmarduk

Nothing in particular. Just if you enjoy the sensation of being high, whatever the substance.

I've never done coke personally, so I can't say. I wouldn't mind trying it at least once in my life, just to understand what the experience is like.

It causes a lot of problems so I wouldn't recommend it really.. but yeah, the high is good.. just doesn't last long.

Sakura

Kind of a difficult question...
If I am with people, say at a pub or something, I'd much rather be drinking than be high. But I've also gotten sick and been hungover one too many times...
Being high though just puts me straight to sleep, so it is hard to be social.
If I am by myself I would rather just be sober.

Liljagare

If weed ever became legal here, which it won't during my lifetime (Sweden is totally anal about L4tHAL D4EATh DruGZ!!), I'd probarly stop drinking alcohol related stuff alltogether.

Would use it in food still though.. :p

There is a HUGE variance when it comes to being “high”. Some things amp you up. Some things calm you down. Some are relaxing. Some make things more intense. I was a really big opiate guy years ago. Had some trouble with it until a kicked a few years ago.

That said, there’s no question I enjoyed being high more than being drunk. Opiates to me were like all the good parts of being drunk (feeling happy, talkative, comfortable) without most of the (short term) negatives (feeling slow, stupid, clumsy).

Obviously there are consequences. I lived them and they far outweigh the positives. But if I had to choose which feeling I liked more, it’s not even close.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
If you enjoy being drunk that means you're an alcoholic and you should prolly seek help. Getting high also can mean a lot. Some are safe and good, others are a huge issue to your health. You can enjoy life being free of both as well fyi.
Just answer the question lol

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
You expect to get enlightenment from being high, from being drunk it’s attributed to drunk driving and getting an Uber.

CloudNull

Banned
High over drunk. I prefer the edible high over smoking. I only smoke when out in nature which is weird. I assume I am too lazy to wait for the edible to kick in.

I still love a great scotch but I never try to get drunk. It’s a balancing act of maintaining the goldy lock zone.

Dark Star

I’m a smoker, not a drinker.

CBD > THC > psilocybin mushrooms >>>>>> pretty much every other drug that isn’t psychedelic

1 glass of wine or beer is nice, I don’t like effects of being anything more than slightly buzzed from alcohol.

never touched hard substances and don’t plan on it.

Last edited:
Full disclosure: due to life stressors I'm approaching (or have been) an alcoholic for a couple years now. 2020 made a bad situation even worse. I'm thankful for my family and everything I have.

I have always smoked weed and enjoyed it, but to me drinking is something to only be done in a social environment (like weekends, bbqs, etc)... Drinking has brought me no enjoyment when done on a regular basis.

I wish I could be the normal "have a beer after work" guy but when I drink its always "drink everything in the fridge".

If you enjoy being drunk that means you're an alcoholic and you should prolly seek help. Getting high also can mean a lot. Some are safe and good, others are a huge issue to your health. You can enjoy life being free of both as well fyi.
No. Don’t be ridiculous. Do you know what an alcoholic is? More than half of adults like to be drunk sometimes. They aren’t all alcoholics.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Drunk. I get drunk I lose my inhibitions and become fun drunk guy.
High (assuming you mean pot) I get introspective and even quieter, with the odd dose of the giggles.

Last edited:
No. Don’t be ridiculous. Do you know what an alcoholic is? More than half of adults like to be drunk sometimes. They aren’t all alcoholics.

That's exactly the excuse an alcoholic would use. Being drunk is not something anyone should enjoy. Drinking alcohol or being drunk are two different things. It's fine to enjoy alcohol, but getting wasted like a fucking idiot and loving it means you have issues.

Last edited:
That's exactly the excuse an alcoholic would use. Being drunk is not something anyone should enjoy. Drinking alcohol or being drunk are two different things. It's fine to enjoy alcohol, but getting wasted like a fucking idiot and loving it means you have issues.
I guess I have a different definition of drunk than you do. Being drunk to me is just more drinks than I would have at dinner. Being drunk in the right circumstances is a good time. At a tailgate, for example. Or at a resort with friends. Being drunk is different than being a blackout mess. Being drunk means you aren’t safe to drive, for example. If you think anyone who enjoys drinking enough to be unsafe to drive is an alcoholic… that’s pretty stupid.

Last edited:

Relativ9

I drink, probably 5-6 glasses (mostly whiskey) a week on average. But I wouldn't say I enjoy being drunk, slightly tipsy is fun but drunk is just exhausting.

Never been high, had 3 pot brownies ones that seemed to have no effect on me (though plenty on the other three partaking) and haven't given it another try since, I'm told it's not uncommon to not feel anything on the first try so who knows but I have no burning desire to try again. Probably "Don't know what I'm missing" :p

Tschumi

Never been either, music can make me feel pretty buzzed at the right moments, hard work with it's finished and my brain fizzles... But yeah i don't source good feelings from those places.. i mean spending a high percentage of my free time playing games is counter productive enough lol

haxan7

Volunteered as Tribute
I'm surprised how many people prefer high over drunk. I guess it's easier on the body, healthier, and easier to maintain a weed habit. Not everyone can handle getting plastered 7 nights a week while maintaining a high stress job (not that I know anything about that).

mortal

Gold Member
No one is talking about getting wasted, my guy. What you're describing is a very extreme case lol
The literal sensation of being inebriated off alcohol, or drunk is something billions of people enjoy.
I may be wrong here but simply enjoying the sensation doesn't inherently make you an alcoholic, it's the dependency that does, no?
Is the chastising really necessary? We're just chatting no need to kill the vibe.

Last edited:

highrider

Banned
I'm surprised how many people prefer high over drunk. I guess it's easier on the body, healthier, and easier to maintain a weed habit. Not everyone can handle getting plastered 7 nights a week while maintaining a high stress job (not that I know anything about that).

and you eventually get the dreaded Affleck fat head. Alcohol actually makes your head enlarged with prolonged use. Also known as the Alec Baldwin effect.
Depends on how agressive I'm feeling.
Usually, I'd rather be high.

Last edited:
Top Bottom