• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's Going On At EA?

NeoGiffer

What's Going On At EA?

source.gif

nani17

are in a big trouble
As far as I know:

Battlefront sold VERY WELL, even the DLC sold very well and it was a good game with great gameplay and good content. Maybe it was a bit lacking at the beginning and people with nostalgia googles were expecting "Battlefront 2004 with good graphics".

Battlefront 2 sold well, was released with a lot of content, had lots and lots of updates and new content for free, has no paid DLC, has everything the "Fans" wanted for BF1 like a Single Player Campaign, Space Starfighter battles, precuels content (come on Geonosis is AMAZING), heroes, modes, etc.

ME: Andromeda sold just well and is actually a very good game but, come ON, we all wanted Shepard and reapers, it wasn't going to be as loved as the OT. But the gameplay was AMAZING and after 2 patches they solved most of the facial issues that you could only find on the 1st hour of the game but became a meme.

Titanfall2 is considered one of the best FPS of this generation (never played it) with one of the best SP campaigns.

BF5 as far as I know it's a good FPS but got shadowed because of all the "social justice" shit (totally deserved).

Anthem: it's for me the biggest Bioware Failure. First Bioware game I didn't like, ALTHOUGHT it has a solid gameplay the game isn't what it was supposed to be. Hate the "hud" and it doesn't feel like other BW games.

So yeah EA did "EA stuff" a lot of time...lootboxes, lots of DLC, expansions....but with some exceptions I believe OVERALL they released good and enjoyable games. BF and BF2 are my 2 most played games on my PS4 and I have more than 200h on ME: Andromeda.

The "EA = Shit" is a meme, a meme that had a purpose but MAYBE we could try those games before saying "IT'S EA IT'S SHIT". There's still people in THIS FORUM that believes Battlefront 2 is full of paid DLC and content locked behind lootboxes....the game NEVER had PAID lootboxes and the lootboxes were erased and the whole leveling system changed from the core during the 1st 3 months.

BFV is an absolute buggy mess Each patch has made the game worse and the lack of content is also a factor. It's turned most of their paid youtubers against them

Anthem also sold extremely well just like battlefront both died extremely fast. Same with titanfall 2 sold well died very quick due to EAs decisions.

EA and frostbite engine are the only two things common with most of not all of these games

royox

just like battlefront both died extremely fast.

Battlefront 2 surpassed post launch number of players 2 months ago based on DICE and it has more players with each new content patch. (Obi Wan, Grievous, Anakin, Dooku plus the new Clone Wars Capital Ship mode atracted a lot of players).

Top Bottom