• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What was your favorite game released that year? 1992 edition. (56k)

Lady Gaia

It's Ultima VII for me. I played every Ultima I could get my hands on from back when Lord British hadn't yet branded the series and his earlier entry was called Akalabeth!

Star Control II would have taken it easily for me, but I didn't play it until the 3DO version came out in 1993. I was positively floored conceptually by Ultima Underworld by never owned a copy so I didn't play enough to have it count properly.

Noogy

Incredible year.

I guess I'd have to go with Wolfenstein. I played it at launch and was already a huge fan of Catacombs. But Wolfenstein ramped it up to 11.

I'd give MegaMan IV second place. My 2nd favorite MM game, still enjoyable to this day.

Streets Of Rage 2, by far!

tumblr_nr0c3k0kH81u6jjy9o1_500.gif

What a year ! so many classics - Ecco, World of Illusion, Wonder Boy, TMNT, Super Mario Kart, Kid Chameleon, Golden Axe RODA, Virtua Racing ...

Tough call between SOR 2 and Sonic 2 though for crown ....

So glad to have lived this year through as a gamer.

PillarEN

Sweet Jesus what a year for games. I know that for me I played a hell of a lot of Street Fighter 2 (various editions) and Mario Kart. I'd probably give those two the nod. But there are like 5 others where I look back with giddy nostalgia. Overall it was a superb year.

Top Bottom