• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What ports do you want to see on the Switch?

Mr Hyde

2020 is here and that will most likely mean a ton of new ports for Nintendo Switch. So I thought it would be nice with some port beggin, because as we all know, every game should be on the Switch. My top 10 ports would be:

1. Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the first sin
2. Catherine: Full Body
3. Final Fantasy XIII
4. Dead Space
5. Wind Waker
6. Broken Sword 1 & 2
7. Xenoblade Chronicles X
8. Metroid Prime Trilogy
9. Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
10. El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

What ports do you want to see?

Ryu Kaiba

a lot of the same:

Metroid Prime Trilogy
Persona 5
Catherine Full Body
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy VI
Twilight Princess HD
Wind Waker HD
Golden Sun 1 and 2
Super Mario Games
Sonic Generations
Metal Gear Solid: The Legacy Collection
Never played a Pikmin would like to try one.

..Thas about it until Switch Pro

Last edited:

Ma-Yuan

Xenoblade Chronicles X with additional Story content >< Love that game so much! And it ran already flawless on the Wii U in 720p so imagine now 1080p with 3x the available ram. I think they could do some nice improvements.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
These are biggest ones I want.
SI_Wii_PandorasTower_image1600w.jpg

keyvisual_w101_en.jpg

5598379-no-more-heroes-hd-wallpapers.jpg

91akBm-viRL.jpg

Dr.Morris79

2020 is here and that will most likely mean a ton of new ports for Nintendo Switch. So I thought it would be nice with some port beggin, because as we all know, every game should be on the Switch. My top 10 ports would be:

1. Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the first sin
2. Catherine: Full Body
3. Final Fantasy XIII
4. Dead Space
5. Wind Waker
6. Broken Sword 1 & 2
7. Xenoblade Chronicles X
8. Metroid Prime Trilogy
9. Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
10. El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron

What ports do you want to see?
Thats a really great list, add the Silent hills to it and it's golden.

Saruhashi

Banned
Happy with anything really so long as it runs properly.

The ability to play last gen games that I missed or last gen games that I loved in the handheld mode is awesome.
Not so awesome if the games run poorly though.

Would be nice if the price tag was lowered a bit on these games too.

Mr Hyde

Not the same thing but did you play The Lost Child? It is poor man's SMT set in the same "universe".

No, I haven't played it. I've read about but it doesn't seem very interesting. I'm not too fond of the genre either. Read there were a couple of cameos from El Shaddai, like Enoch. It would have been better with a proper sequel I think.

Animagic

Banned
I would like Galaga Legions DX and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX to get ported to Switch. Pac-Man CE2 just isn’t as fun as the first one. (I do like it still but I like the first CE the best)

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
1. Xenoblade Chronicles X (Nintendo's most ambitious open world game must be rescued from the Wii U)
2. Fatal Frame/Project Zero: Maiden of the Black Water + Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
3. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
4. The Wonderful 101
5. Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked 1-2
6. GTA V
7. Dragon Quest IX
8. Pokémon Conquest
9. Trauma Team
10. Disco Elysium

Honorable mentions that didn't make the list:
- Way of the Samurai Collection, i loved 2 back on PS2, but i've never played them in over a decade, i don't know how they aged.
- Path of Exile, Diablo III is there so why not?
- Pro Evolution Soccer, technically not a port, but we know how it works with sports games.
- Yakuza Zero, i've never tried it but 've heard great things about this franchise.
- Persona 5, i have a feeling it will never happen because exclusivity we don't know, but it would be really cool.
- Call of Duty mobile. It's not a personal request, but it makes too much sense, i can't believe it hasn't happened yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SLoWMoTIoN

Unconfirmed Member
No, I haven't played it. I've read about but it doesn't seem very interesting. I'm not too fond of the genre either. Read there were a couple of cameos from El Shaddai, like Enoch. It would have been better with a proper sequel I think.
Enoch is obtained early on and he can became a high tier demon. He doesn't have any additional dialogue either. Towards the end of the game you see the events in late game El Shaddai in a sort of alternative history manner. You fight Lovecraft old ones and Egyptian gods. It is weird.

1.) Xenoblade X
2.) Persona 5 Royal
3.) Silent Hill HD Collection
4.) Halo MCC
5.) Tales of Xilia/Berseria/etc
6.) Code Vein
7.) GTA5 or GTA4
8.) Mass Effect Trilogy
9.) Metroid: Other M HD
10.) Metroid Trilogy

Quake 1 & 2
Tony Hawks 1,2,3
Need for speed (3,4,porche unleashed, shift)
Diablo 2
GTA Vice City
Vampire Bloodlines
Silent Hill 2,3

Last edited:

BitDust

1) Final Fantasy XIV
2) Tekken 7
3) Soul Calibur VI
4) Call of Duty Modern Warfare
5) PUBG
6) League of Legends
7) PES2020
8) Rise of the Tomb Rider
9) Sensible Soccer
10) Monster Hunter World

1. Xenoblade Chronicles X (Nintendo's most ambitious open world game must be rescued from the Wii U)
2. Fatal Frame/Project Zero: Maiden of the Black Water + Mask of the Lunar Eclipse
3. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
4. The Wonderful 101
5. Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor Overclocked 1-2
6. GTA V
7. Dragon Quest IX
8. Pokémon Conquest
9. Trauma Team
10. Disco Elysium

Honorable mentions that didn't make the list:
- Way of the Samurai Collection, i loved 2 back on PS2, but i've never played them in over a decade, i don't know how they aged.
- Path of Exile, Diablo III is there so why not?
- Pro Evolution Soccer, technically not a port, but we know how it works with sports games.
- Yakuza Zero, i've never tried it but 've heard great things about this franchise.
- Persona 5, i have a feeling it will never happen because exclusivity we don't know, but it would be really cool.
- Call of Duty mobile. It's not a personal request, but it makes too much sense, i can't believe it hasn't happened yet.

I would love these ports! This plus :
Split/Second, this fantastic racing game with destructible scenery elements
Spelunky
428 Shibuya Scramble

Last edited:
My top 5 would be...and in no particular order.
1. Batman Arkham series
2. Dead Space
3. Mass Effect
4. Xenoblade Chronicles X
5. Rage (loved the first and just started the second so I don't know for sure if the switch could run it...fyi...its so much fun!!)

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Fallout 3
Sonic the hedgehog 3 & knuckles
Grim Dawn
Borderlands 2
Castlevania Symphony of the night
Metroid zero mission
Metroid fusion
Doom Rogue like
Tony hawk 3
Dead space 1 2 and 3
Golden eye 64
Starcraft 2
Diablo 2
World of Warcraft

Fbh

Wonderful 101: Too wonderful to die on WiiU..... it would also be a good chance to fix some of the issues that held back the original release.
Yakuza Ishin and Kenzan: See what I did there? Localization begging in a port begging thread!
SMT Nocturne: I'd take a port on any modern platform but Switch would be neat.
Mass Effect Trilogy: EA doesn't seem to want to remaster them and Bioware is dead. So I'd take a Switch port over nothing

I want a S/NES collector pack. Gimme ALL of Ninty's flagship S/NES titles in one package and I'd be a real happy guy. If I could play 20+ Nintendo games on the go whenever I'd want I'd be real happy.

Just off the top of my head.

Super Mario 1/2/3
Metroid
Punch Out
Legend of Zelda
Lolo's Adventures
F-Zero
A link to the Past
Super Mario World 1/2
Super Metroid
Pilot Wings
Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball
Mario RPG
Donkey Kong Country

Amongst many other first party games, I'd be real happy.

Mecha Meow

Lots of things but I'm only going to ask for one for now.....

Super Mario 3D World Deluxe - Up-scaled 3D Land included as well with new playable characters in each game (Daisy, etc).

Gargus

Banned
Shame that is what the switch is relegated to, a machine just for ports of existing games priced higher than the other systems they are on.

Personally I'd rather see more original games on the switch instead of just ports and endless re releases

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
A few more Wii U games like W101, Xenoblade X, and 3D World.

More PC ports of 4x strategy games and WRPGs like Baldur's Gate.

I'd also like Nintendo to make something fruitful out of a relationship with Microsoft and get Age of Empires 1 and 2 HD with some touch controls, to boot.

Fbh

Shame that is what the switch is relegated to, a machine just for ports of existing games priced higher than the other systems they are on.

Personally I'd rather see more original games on the switch instead of just ports and endless re releases

???
The majority of games I've played on my Switch have been new releases and the majority of the upcoming games I'm looking forward to are new releases (BotW2, Bayo3, SMTV, Metroid Prime 4, etc).

Doesn't mean there's anything wrong with wanting some ports. The portability aspect can be nice to replay some older stuff.

Mr Hyde

There are loads of new and original games coming to the Switch. And everyone haven't played all of these ports either, so for some, they can be brand new games. And some of us just wants to relive a couple of classics. There is nothing wrong with ports, they help diversify the game library.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I really have no interest in ports of games that are on better hardware already, so... pretty much just Wii and Wii U stuff for me. More Wii games would be particularly interesting -- a lot of those could stand some sprucing up. Donkey Kong Country Returns without the stupid waggle? The Last Story at a decent frame rate? These would be great.

No, actually Tetsuya Takahashi said that they would like to do it, but it would be very difficult cause the game is massive and it would also cost a lot so Nintendo might not be interested.

He did NOT say it'd cost a lot. He simply said it's Nintendo's call, because MS belongs to Nintendo, so *everything* MS develops must be greenlighted by Nintendo.

He also didn't say it'd be difficult to port. The game already exists in single screen-form.

D

Deleted member 774430

Unconfirmed Member
He did NOT say it'd cost a lot. He simply said it's Nintendo's call, because MS belongs to Nintendo, so *everything* MS develops must be greenlighted by Nintendo.

He also didn't say it'd be difficult to port. The game already exists in single screen-form.

When asked why it would be such a problem, he simply laughed and replied "Money. It's a massive game. Re-creating it would be really difficult."

PhoenixTank

I want a S/NES collector pack. Gimme ALL of Ninty's flagship S/NES titles in one package and I'd be a real happy guy. If I could play 20+ Nintendo games on the go whenever I'd want I'd be real happy.

Just off the top of my head.

Super Mario 1/2/3
Metroid
Punch Out
Legend of Zelda
Lolo's Adventures
F-Zero
A link to the Past
Super Mario World 1/2
Super Metroid
Pilot Wings
Ken Griffey Jr. Baseball
Mario RPG
Donkey Kong Country

Amongst many other first party games, I'd be real happy.
Bruh, that list is basically available in the SNES/NES apps you get with Switch online. I agree that it'd be nice to buy a bundle rather than rent but Nintendo are unlikely to stick these on a cart for us.

Mr Hyde

I'm confused. I thought Xenoblade Chronicles and Xenoblade Chronicles X were the same game?

Xenoblade Chronicles is the first installment of the series. Released on Wii.

Second game is Xenoblade Chronicles X, which released on Wii U.

Third game is Xenoblade Chronicles 2, which is a sequel to the first on Wii, but only in name, because it has different story and characters.

I've only played XC2 myself. I think it's confusing as well with all the different versions.

ragingturtle

Neo Member
1. Metroid Prime Trilogy
2. Pandora’s Tower
3. The Last Story
4. Pikmin Series
5. All the SMTs from Nocturne onwards (including the DS spinoffs)
6. Kingdom Hearts Collection (lol why not)
7. Drakengard & Nier
8. Every 3D Zelda (should be a no brainer)
9. MadWorld
10. Viva Piñata (plz)
11. Any Rhythm Heaven

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Holy port beg, Batman

Give me Metroid Prime Trilogy and I'm good. I really don't feel like hooking up my Wii or Wii U to replay it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom