• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the most racist country in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kabouter

Don't bother. So far there was only one shop in Groningen who was already selling Sinterklaas candy.

No, definitely not just them. Kruidvat too like I said above. AH doesn't carry Sinterklaas candy yet though, that's true. At least not here.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Look how the white hand is hairy compared to the others, it's also a FOREIGN INVADER!!!!

yeah, dunno if it's as clear to other people when they see that poster, but it's obviously implied that the hairy white hand is supposed to be a yugoslavian immigrant (which there are LOTS of here). and they carry the unfortunate general opinion of being a very hairy folk.

daviyoung

Banned
yeah, dunno if it's as clear to other people when they see that poster, but it's obviously implied that the hairy white hand is supposed to be a yugoslavian immigrant (which there are LOTS of here). and they carry the unfortunate general opinion of being a very hairy folk.

yugoslavian?

Lax Mike

Neo Member
Or the Klu Klux Klan. Or David Duke and his Storm Front web site. White supremacist gangs in US prisons. Neo nazi groups like the ones portrayed in American History X.

I've always thought that racism in the United States was much more concentrated compared to Europe. There are obviously some very racist places and groups, and they have no problem acknowledging their racism.

In many places in Europe, there's a ton of racism, it's just that nobody thinks they're doing anything wrong. I talked to plenty of very smart and sensible people when I've been in Europe (mainly the Netherlands, Italy), and I've been astounded how matter-of-factly they start talking about how you can't trust gypsies or muslim immigrants. The first time, I honestly thought they were joking, but they honestly thought it was fine, because, in their words, "It's not racism if it's true."

cousins

Or the Klu Klux Klan. Or David Duke and his Storm Front web site. White supremacist gangs in US prisons. Neo nazi groups like the ones portrayed in American History X.

I meant Europe is probably much better. Most of your racists probably already left to come over and fuck our countries up and kill everyone.

Anyway, joking aside, the two places really can't be compared. The racism you'll face in the US is different than the racism you'll face in Europe.

As for the US being rampant with racism, I won't debate that most of it is; I'm staying in a suburb of Cleveland called Shaker Heights right now, though, and I'm getting the least amount of shit I've ever gotten. It's pretty awesome, actually.

justjohn

Oh hush hush, im not saying i hate non-whites, its just strange to go into most big cities in England and see barely any English people...
Name me one English city which has barely got any English people. The thing with England is, outside of most major cities like London, Birmingham, or Bradford, the country is overwhelmingly White.

Edit: I see you're banned. Oh well

jugo short for yugoslavian is what most people from east europe are called even though many of them are from albania or other non former yugoslavian country. they are not very popular especially among the youth. native swiss people don't make kids anymore so schools are filled with foreigners.

My friend who lived in Spain for a while said they are a very racist culture.

Take that as you will.

their Olympic ball team posed for slant eyed faces before Beijing and apparently saw nothing insensitive about it. also, they throw bananas and make monkey noises at black athletes. On the whole, I believe European racism is more overt and blatant than anything in the US or Canada,because they're not countries made up of immigrants.

Magni

Travel Advice:
Try to avoid the more racist regions of Austria. You will be able to identify these easily on a map, as they will be the bits that are within the borders of Austria.

Ahahahaha

their Olympic ball team posed for slant eyed faces before Beijing and apparently saw nothing insensitive about it. also, they throw bananas and make monkey noises at black athletes. On the whole, I believe European racism is more overt and blatant than anything in the US or Canada,because they're not countries made up of immigrants.

Right, because everyone in the US can trace their family trees back to Native Americans.....

Name me one English city which has barely got any English people. The thing with England is, outside of most major cities like London, Birmingham, or Bradford, the country is overwhelmingly White.

Edit: I see you're banned. Oh well

Btw, just a little clarification. Since there is no "English citizenship", how do generally naturalized or second generation immigrants with a British passport identify with the English, Scottish, etc attributes? I've heard about Black British, but I've never heard someone say Black English. From what I've seen so far (BNP propaganda for example), English and the other regional varieties are pretty much synonymous with white.

Antakken

Banned
As a French young male of Algerian descent who spent several 'month-long' periods in Germany through his life, all i can say is that the German are problably the "coolest" European : )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom