• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the most racist country in Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cousins

Oh hush hush, im not saying i hate non-whites, its just strange to go into most big cities in England and see barely any English people...

I guess poles and irish aren't white, too? I'm not sure there's anywhere in the UK that has a non-white majority; disregarding east london, of course.

Magilla

Banned
Spain is not in the list.

Fail

G8LmN.jpg

Why would they be?!

I have no dog in the fight. This picture is just amazing to me.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
they forgot to add the best SVP poster to that article:

leadseries_svp_poster2008s600x600.jpg

don't let those racially diverse hands get a hold of all those swiss passports!!

Fritz

Exaggerated obviously but the trends are similar to my experiences (being a white male German lol). I love Sweden but Ive met more than one Swede abroad being blatantly racist. Worst part is that they seemed to think me as a "brother" would somehow relate. The Nordic superiority talk is my favorite.

Being fair though Germans had more reasons to thoroughly deal with their racism than other Europeans.

Has little to do with race and more with lifestyle.

Also it's deserved.

what..? what is deserved? the hatred towards gypsies? every gypsy child deserves to hated? what do you mean? what a fucking terrible statement to say that a group of people deserves to be a victim of racist attitudes.

i've never had an issue with any romani people (as we call them). only positive encounters. i don't understand what the fuck is everyone's issue with them. just because they are poor and desperate, they should be spat upon? or what?

SmokyDave

what..? what is deserved? the hatred towards gypsies? every gypsy child deserves to hated? what do you mean? what a fucking terrible statement to say that a group of people deserves to be a victim of racist attitudes.

i've never had an issue with any romani people (as we call them). only positive encounters. i don't understand what the fuck is everyone's issue with them. just because they are poor and desperate, they should be spat upon? or what?
Romani =/= Gypsy =/= Traveller.

This discussion is bollocks because you will never get everyone on the same page as to what 'Gypsy' means.

Wasn't there a video about a German man who made a documentary with a hidden camera about him pretending to be an immigrant from a African country, including blackface, talking with an accent and everything, looking for a job, an apartment and basic stuff like that? I'm pretty sure it's been posted on GAF before.

I think that it was in Germany but I'm not entirely sure, but lets just say that the hidden camera caught a lot of racist remarks and acts. The landlady really did not want a black guy living in her flat. She was afraid that it would scare of other people.

UrbanRats

I agree here, this was not meant to be racist, people these days are so easy offended.

i Would say ukrain, poland, russia are the most racists in europe.
I don't think is much about being "easily offended" as it is about jumping to conclusions too quickly.
they forgot to add the best SVP poster to that article:

leadseries_svp_poster2008s600x600.jpg

don't let those racially diverse hands get a hold of all those swiss passports!!

Looks like there are hands of all colors there (one of which is white), so what race is allowed to have that swiss passport? :O

Kabouter

How are alot of these countries compared to the united states?

That discussion (No Europe is more racist! No US is more racist!) has gotten many a thread locked, probably best not to go there. You can't really compare it anyway, unless you're comparing hate crime statistics. And even then there are probably differing standards on what constitutes one, how reliably they are reported etc. etc.

ymmv

Banned
Probably a lot better, save a few cities here in the States.

Or the Klu Klux Klan. Or David Duke and his Storm Front web site. White supremacist gangs in US prisons. Neo nazi groups like the ones portrayed in American History X. And who can ever forget that wonderful couple who named their three children Adolf Hitler Campbell, Joycelynn Aryan Nation Campbell and Honszlynn Hinler Jeannie Campbell.

Watching that riot video from Sweden it's ridiculous when the narrator says "thugs" and they focus on a bunch of kids which by the looks of it are mostly immigrants, thus the video itself becomes slightly racist.

I also remember reading an article about a recent study (I think it was a study) where the author discussed that racism against Romanis/gypsies are basically socially accepted in Sweden, which it kinda is.

i-Lo

What about countries like Norway, Finland (arguably has one of the if not the best education infrastructure/s) and Iceland?

Also, how would non European countries like Canada, US and say New Zealand fit the scale?

I know that no country will be without racist individuals. It's impossible.

Also, no one talks about how racist developing countries like say, India and China are. How about it GAF, where'd they be scoring out of 5?

Kurtofan

I don't think is much about being "easily offended" as it is about jumping to conclusions too quickly.

Looks like there are hands of all colors there (one of which is white), so what race is allowed to have that swiss passport? :O

Look how the white hand is hairy compared to the others, it's also a FOREIGN INVADER!!!!

daviyoung

Banned
On a more serious note, so if this is satire and they gave Germany a 0/5, does this imply Germany is the most racist country in Europe? Because it's not, not even close.

Satire =/= irony, so they're not really implying that. Not that it's wholly satirical anyway, the magazine is just full of joke articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom