• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What happens to my game data if I revert from PS5 back to PS4?

cormack12

Gold Member
PS Plus member. Should my saved games be fine?

Do I need to do Cat 5 anything from one to the other?

Upload to cloud, then download from cloud.

I'm guessing as they are just files you should be able to backport them as well but never tried it. Not sure on savefiles that had free PS5 upgrades, some didnt support all game modes iirc.

Upload to cloud, then download from cloud.

I'm guessing as they are just files you should be able to backport them as well but never tried it. Not sure on savefiles that had free PS5 upgrades, some didnt support all game modes iirc.

I'm really just worried about TLOU2 and possibly Cyberpunk and FIFA 21

Eternal21

I believe it will work if you were running PS4 versions of the game on PS5. For example PS5 games don't support USB backups, but PS4 games do, and that's true even if you're playing PS4 game on PS5. So I'm assuming this will be the case with PS+ backups as well.

Mabdia

For example PS5 games don't support USB backups

Well I don't own yet a PS5 and not so soon I will. But that is an interesting thing to know.

That really sucks. Hope that Sony does something about it. This is too much anti consumer to me.

wvnative

if you manually upload to the cloud you can switch back and forth as you please

oh and while PS5 games don't let you use usb, you can still use usb to backup and copy PS4 saves

Last edited:
So the PS5 is gone and I'm back to the PS4

And what should I find when I connect her up but I'm not getting a signal?

2 very bent pins in the HDMI socket. 1 might even have a little breakage

FML

D.Final

Banned
I was looking for a reason to upgrade to Pro anyway :p
Well, with the launch of PS5 the price of the old PS4 Pro they can only go down, from now and for the next years to come.

And this can be a huge gift to the consumers, if we think that there's still big games like Horizon Freedom West that will came also for PS4

Well, with the launch of PS5 the price of the old PS4 Pro they can only go down, from now and for the next years to come.

And this can be a huge gift to the consumers, if we think that there's still big games like Horizon Freedom West that will came also for PS4

PS5 has barely affected new or second hand PS4 Pro prices. At least here in Australia anyway

Last edited:
Top Bottom