• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What games / gaming gear did you get for Christmas?

teezzy

Banned
gaming chair....
13240060.jpg

Is it comfy?

lachesis

I spent enough $$$ in November - PS5, Persona 5 Royal, XSX with 3 year worth of Gamepasss, Age of Calamity for switch... so I haven't bought a single thing for myself for Christmas. I consider those as my early Christmas present.

I would have bought an espresso machine and a grinder, but I had to fix the roof unexpectedly, which cost me 4 grand... so that didn't help either.
But with stuff I already have on my consoles and pc, along with Ys 9 / P5S coming in early next year - I think I'm pretty set for at least a good while, if not throughtout next hear pretty much.

teezzy

Banned
honestly, very much. Sometimes I play long session of JRPGs and this chair is very comfy for those long hours, it also gonna be very useful for games like upcoming Monster Hunter Rise which mostly I want to play it with pro controller.

Super glad to hear it. I've heard reviews all over the place for chairs which look like that. Personally, I'm more drawn to the executive office chair kind of vibe overall, but I can see the appeal if they're comfy.

That neck pillow strikes me as a potential frustration point, but i guess if you can adjust the placement, etc

As an RPG lover myself, I commend you.

Last edited:

j0hnnix

Cyberpunk 2077 - Holding out until I finish watching The Wire.
Airmax 97s
400 to spend, not sure on what though.
Chocolates cause I need that cocoa.

Rickyiez

The new Xbox Series X Controller , using it for PC . Man this is such a good upgrade over the Xbox1 Controller , loving it !

On a quick glance it looks the same , but actually it's not at all . I like the new bumpers so much they are more solid now , and also the textured surface on the trigger . Dpad is awesome too

Last edited:

Captn

Nothing really.

I got some money and gift cards. Gonna buy the following games though.
  • Yakuza Like a Dragon (not sure if I want it on PC or PS5 since I have a RX580 and the PS4 save doesn't transfer to the PS5 version)
  • Little Witch Nobeta
  • Clannad now that it's hit $20
Also grabbed a 68 key keyboard to finally replace this K380.

$4500 not including the games ;_;
Well I wish it was but it's Canadian prices lolll.. Imagine.. 😭

Last edited:

LostDonkey

Nothing this time round.

Tried for both XSX and PS5 and couldn't get either, and all Gpus are out as well.

Was a pretty subdued Christmas gaming wise overall.

A used Oculus rift cv1 and tons of games using up old stream vouchers and some money.

Early over reaction but I think I might be done with pancake games.

Nester99

Luigis Mansion 3

I bough on deal for Black Friday and told my wife to wrap it so the kids presents did not seem so lopsided. Lol.

Not much game stuff this Xmas as Nov was a very high spending month for game stuff

DonJorginho

Banned
Watch Dogs Legion
Immortals Fenyx Rising
Skyrim Special Edition
Final Fantasy VII Remake (needed a digital copy for my PS5)
Mafia Definitive Edition
Crash Bandicoot 4
Resident Evil 3
Doom Eternal (time to rip and rear baby!)
Donut County
Sayonara Wild Hearts
£200 worth of PSN giftcards

Last edited:

Old Retro

Black Friday PS4 games:

RE3 (beaten already)
Watch Dogs Legion (playing now, like it a lot)

opened yesterday
Red Dead Redemption 2
Predator Hunting grounds (didn't care for the demo but it was $10)
Death Stranding

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
A quest 2 and a bunch of games, including Half Life Alyx, Boneworks, and others.

Wanted a ps5 and a RTX 3080/3090, but couldn't find any.
Nice purchase! I would recommend starting with another game that's not any of those two tho. At least in my case I had to "train" myself with some other games in order to get rid of the motion sickness.

SuperhotVR is really cool. You don't have to move at all and it makes you feel like John Wick. :messenger_sunglasses:

Nice purchase! I would recommend starting with another game that's not any of those two tho. At least in my case I had to "train" myself with some other games in order to get rid of the motion sickness.

SuperhotVR is really cool. You don't have to move at all and it makes you feel like John Wick. :messenger_sunglasses:
I'm a long-time VR user, I had sold my Vive to eventually buy an Index but the Quest 2 is too good to pass up.

Evil Calvin

Afraid of Boobs
I already bough a lot of the new games for the Seriex X - Yakuza Like A Dragon, Assassin's Creed Valhalla, Cyberpunk 2077, Watchdogs Legion. I also picked up Mortal Shell, Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Immortals Fenyx Rising. For Christmas I was gifted Devil May Cry Special Edition for the Series X and Empire of Sin for the Switch. I need to get to some gamin'

gamer82

Bday amd Xmas combined

PS 5 disk ed
Uncharted collection
Uncharted 4
God of war
Avengers
Horrizon zero dawn
Doom eternal
Miles morales ps5
Ghostbusters remastered
Last of us part 2
Resident evil 3 remake
Nintendo super mario game and watch

Enough to keep me going for months.

so my new year's resolution is make time for me to sit down get out of may head mentally have fun and try it finish before buying more .

Hope you all had a decent Christmas.

Top Bottom