• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Final Fantasy game do you want to see remade after FFVII is finished?

What Final Fantasy game do you want to see remade after FFVII is finished?

• Total voters

Pejo

Gold Member
Nothing. I don't think current day S-E has it in them to capture the essence of what made past games good, nor do they have the ability to create something new that's good in the frame of reference of Final Fantasy.

I will just bum around replaying the old games if I need a fix, while I hope for Mistwalker to make something new, or wait to see what Monolith does next.

mansoor1980

Gold Member
FF8

whatever-e06.jpg

sigmaZ

As long as it's good, any.

If it's six I want a HD2D remake.

I'm not a big fan of 8 or 9, but I think a remake could fulfill the vision of their worlds if done right.
I could see a draw mechanic being far more engaging in a more actiony battle system.
A turn based faster paced 9 with good voice acting and good cinematics could definitely elevate it.

GHound

Remake the remakes. By the time the first part comes out the FFVII Remake will be 13-14 years old and that's longer than The Last of Us was around for.
Face Smile GIF

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
I dont understand the point of remaking VI or IX when they are already good games and are also among the most graphically impressive games on their respective platforms.

VIII clearly stands the most to gain from a remake to address numerous issues.

Final Fantasy 5, 100%.

I'm a sucker for games where it's transparent that the party members really love each other. The chemistry between the main characters in 5 is excellent.

Not to mention the fact that it is a great game!

Seeing it Remade, would be interesting.

Myths

dnyvuDr.jpeg
FFV … none of those options above L0l

Final Fantasy 5, 100%.

I'm a sucker for games where it's transparent that the party members really love each other. The chemistry between the main characters in 5 is excellent.

Not to mention the fact that it is a great game!

Seeing it Remade, would be interesting.
Beaten by a split second. But yeah, FFV is the correct answer.

Last edited:

Sethbacca

I dont understand the point of remaking VI or IX when they are already good games and are also among the most graphically impressive games on their respective platforms.

VIII clearly stands the most to gain from a remake to address numerous issues.
Personally, on VI it's less about remaking it from good to better as it is bringing that story into the modern gaming era. VI is amongst my favorite games all time, but a lot of people will never touch it because it's a 90s pixel graphics rpg (which is a damned shame). I'd also be lying if I said I didn't want to see it given some modern flash and production value because I'm a graphics whore like most of us.

dnyvuDr.jpeg
FFV … none of those options above L0l

Beaten by a split second. But yeah, FFV is the correct answer.
I don't know if I should be surprised that no one mentioned it until now, or not...

I'm not really aware of the general consensus on the game, but it did came before 6, and we know the consensus on that one.
So maybe it has the misfortune of being a great game, that was overshadowed by the bigger giant that came after.

Anyway! FF 5 all the way.

Fret Runner

From a story point of view, if they were to change things like FF7R then 8 would make the most sense.
Already has a time travel element in the story, and let's be honest, after the basketball court scene the story becomes a sloppy teen romance story where everything else seems rushed and pushed to the side so revisiting it and adding new things wouldn't be so bad and has the lowest risk factor involed with changing things.

Still love ff8 tho. flaws and all.

From a money and sells perspective though it will probably be FFX that gets remade next. Remake FFX/FFX2, then after those, finally get to making FFX3 and let me see Tidus kick that ball.

Hudo

The only right answer is VI
Do you have any confidence in current Square to not fuck this up?

FF6 is the best FF ever made. I don't want them to touch it. And I certainly don't want Nomura to be anywhere near the director position for it.

What Square should do next is to get Yasumi Matsuno, Hiroyuki Itou, Hitoshi Sakimoto and Akihiko Yoshida to make an new FF set in Ivalice.

squarealex

FF5, but change the plop twist when ExDeath is hiding in a splinter... this is the most hilarious wtf thing in Final Fantasy.

IAmRei

FF6 is the best FF ever made. I don't want them to touch it. And I certainly don't want Nomura to be anywhere near the director position for it.

What Square should do next is to get Yasumi Matsuno, Hiroyuki Itou, Hitoshi Sakimoto and Akihiko Yoshida to make an new FF set in Ivalice.
i forgot which one, but i think between Itou and matsuno, it's too old for development process IIRC
but I am agree 10000% ivalice need to comeback.
i'm also don't nomura involvement, makes everything convoluted with unnecessary addition. as visual artist, he is quite fine though. as game design or creative decision making, is not.

and if there is any ff8 full remake, squall is dated as 90s goes. rinoa is not helping either, outdated characters which should stay in 90s and too flat for now. the music still fine.

my fave still non numbered ff and it;s final fantasy tactics.

ssringo

I'd rather they not touch the older stuff but at the same time it's the old pixel games I'd rather see get a proper remake in 3D. Probably in the more cartoony look of DQ11, Trials of Mana and World of Final Fantasy (NOT CHIBI) as opposed to the more realistic look of FF16 or FF7R.

SantaC

I mean Nomura did better then the mainline game (ff16) this time

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
VI is my top choice, but I’ll take anything except X

With the caveat that Tetsuya Nomura isn’t allowed anywhere near this project.

Essery81

Neo Member
VII Remakes are not bad games; they are good games. However, the original FFVII was great.

That is what I doubt they can do after playing ff7r and rebirth. They can make good games, just never as good as originals. So my vote would be none.

FFIX, because it's happening and the NVIDIA leak does not lie.

But also: Final Fantasy Tactics. Or better yet, a new entry.

Also desperately waiting for a Dissidia 012 release on PS5.

Madflavor

Considering Rebirth's sales performance, I'd be surprised to see anything other than FFX get remade, and even that isn't a sure thing. Square is really hurting right now.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
I'd be interested in an HD-2D remaster of the best FF game, which is V, maybe with an expanded job system and orchestral soundtrack.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Initial reaction was VI, but I voted for VIII because it's the one that needs the most work mechanically and would benefit the most from a full remake.

The pixel remaster of VI is already damn good.

Reactions: Wiz
Top Bottom