• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are your all time most cozy Christmas gaming experiences?

Doczu

Never had strictly Christmas experiences related to gaming. I could game a game or so, but no console gifts and stuff like that. Eh, no great Christmas Eves at.my house

I will surely create those memories now that i have two sons of my own.

Markio128

The only thing gaming related I got for Xmas was a Spectrum 48K. It was amazing. If I remember correctly, I got Trans Am, Manic Miner and Wheelie. Wheelie was a weird, but brilliant game - you had to ride a motorbike through a cave system, dodging weird animals and stuff, then race a phantom rider back to the start again. Manic Miner had you jumping over toilets. Trans Am had you top-down collecting fuel on an open map, to collect points before you ran out. Simple but fun times.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Playing the original Half-Life on Christmas Day while everyone else buggered off to visit my aunt. It kinda stuck with me over the years, that Christmas cheer and an empty house just for myself while playing an awesome game.

I’ve been incredibly lucky, and I’ve a couple of good ones:

When I was 5 I got a nes action pak, with duck hunt and super Mario bros. My first console, I was terrified of being able to control what was happening on the telly! 😂 took me 6 months to actually bring myself to play and never looked back.
A few years later, My papa got me Donkey Kong 94 and a super game boy, and my mum got me a snes. Absolutely AMAZING z time together as a family taking shots each, then finishing the first four levels only to find it was the prologue for a whole new game!
Years later, N64 with Mario 64 and Shadows of the Empire. An absolutely magical day, that was. Anyone whose first 3D experience was Mario 64 knows why.

I treasure all of these memories, and I know how lucky I’ve been to have those.

Merry Christmas, Gaf. I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful 2023.

GenericUser

I got FF7 on christmas in 1997. I played 7 hours straight (finished the midgar section in one sitting), slept like 3 hours and then continued to play. Magic. The best game ever.

GenericUser

I’ve been incredibly lucky, and I’ve a couple of good ones:

When I was 5 I got a nes action pak, with duck hunt and super Mario bros. My first console, I was terrified of being able to control what was happening on the telly! 😂 took me 6 months to actually bring myself to play and never looked back.
A few years later, My papa got me Donkey Kong 94 and a super game boy, and my mum got me a snes. Absolutely AMAZING z time together as a family taking shots each, then finishing the first four levels only to find it was the prologue for a whole new game!
Years later, N64 with Mario 64 and Shadows of the Empire. An absolutely magical day, that was. Anyone whose first 3D experience was Mario 64 knows why.

I treasure all of these memories, and I know how lucky I’ve been to have those.

Merry Christmas, Gaf. I hope you all have a great day and a wonderful 2023.
I can only imagine what it was like to play mario64 on christmas. Cherish those memories bro.

Top Bottom