• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What, are you listening to?

nothing in particular but my Spotify just ended today. i didn't subscribe monthly but paid in full for annual. i'm giving Apple Music a shot now (got 3 months free) so been listening to Apple Music 1 radio and just checking everything out. my spotify account has had like 10 or so years of usage to build a profile to recommend songs for me. it's gonna be a while before Apple Music gets an idea of what I like. i've gave it my favourite artists and already favourited a bunch of songs.

i'll use it until it expires and then decide if i want to stay with Spotify or move over to Apple Music. so far i'm quite impressed with Apple Music. i think the sound quality is much better. everything sounds clearer and tighter. i've spent hours comparing sound quality. AM is quieter but holy shit when i crank the volume up it's better in everyway. Spotify is louder but muddier at higher volumes. the only negative is that i need to use the Apple Music web player cause i sure as shit ain't using iTunes. a lot of people said the web player users 64-128kbps but that's bullshit. it's definitely 256kbps. i've checked and calculated data/internet usage. there are rumours Apple is working on a dedicated AM app for Windows so i hope that comes soon.

i'm likely gonna stick with AM but when Spotify release their HiFi quality tear i'm gonna check it out. i don't have high end set up but if there is a difference i might be tempted to go back to Spotify. there was a price increase for Spotify and i quite like the offer of Apple One which gives you Apple Music, Apple TV, iCloud Storage, and Apple Arcade for £15/month.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
nothing in particular but my Spotify just ended today. i didn't subscribe monthly but paid in full for annual. i'm giving Apple Music a shot now (got 3 months free) so been listening to Apple Music 1 radio and just checking everything out. my spotify account has had like 10 or so years of usage to build a profile to recommend songs for me. it's gonna be a while before Apple Music gets an idea of what I like. i've gave it my favourite artists and already favourited a bunch of songs.

i'll use it until it expires and then decide if i want to stay with Spotify or move over to Apple Music. so far i'm quite impressed with Apple Music. i think the sound quality is much better. everything sounds clearer and tighter. i've spent hours comparing sound quality. AM is quieter but holy shit when i crank the volume up it's better in everyway. Spotify is louder but muddier at higher volumes. the only negative is that i need to use the Apple Music web player cause i sure as shit ain't using iTunes. a lot of people said the web player users 64-128kbps but that's bullshit. it's definitely 256kbps. i've checked and calculated data/internet usage. there are rumours Apple is working on a dedicated AM app for Windows so i hope that comes soon.

i'm likely gonna stick with AM but when Spotify release their HiFi quality tear i'm gonna check it out. i don't have high end set up but if there is a difference i might be tempted to go back to Spotify. there was a price increase for Spotify and i quite like the offer of Apple One which gives you Apple Music, Apple TV, iCloud Storage, and Apple Arcade for £15/month.
I joined Spotify in 2011 when it first came to the States. Was a paying member until the end of last year when I switched to Apple Music. Spotify has been recommending me the same stuff for the past few years so the new algorithm was nice. I do agree on the sound quality improvement as well. I haven't tried the windows app, but the MacOS Music app works well.

I now sub to Apple One and have no regrets. I don't use all of the products but Music, News+, Fitness+, and iCloud make the bundle worth it.

mortal

Gold Member
So wavy, love that it sounds like a 90's R&B throwback too.

RIP DJ Deckstream :messenger_crying:

Last edited:

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Enjoying my first listen of the new Manchester Orchestra album. I expect this album will get some heavy play throughout the year. Easy placement in my top 10 list for sure.

i just found this alternative version of Frightened Rabbit - The Woodpile. i can't believe i only found it yesterday. i love that song but this stripped back version just breaks my heart.

I joined Spotify in 2011 when it first came to the States. Was a paying member until the end of last year when I switched to Apple Music. Spotify has been recommending me the same stuff for the past few years so the new algorithm was nice. I do agree on the sound quality improvement as well. I haven't tried the windows app, but the MacOS Music app works well.

I now sub to Apple One and have no regrets. I don't use all of the products but Music, News+, Fitness+, and iCloud make the bundle worth it.
i found Spotify's recommendations to be hit or miss. i'm still trying to figure out Apple Music and what the best playlists/stations are. i'm using the web player on Windows because i refuse to touch iTunes.

i'm using up my 3 months trial and probably will end up using Apple One. my 5GB free space is not gonna last long and there are a few movies/games on tv/arcade i want to watch/play.

Last edited:

RAÏSanÏa

A martyr's song in the spirit of Minmei for those in the rear caught in storm of covering fire. Memberberries for the reactor.

GeekyDad

Listening to the Mirror's Edge OST on my PC. Awww...still so good. Loved this game for so many reason, but not least of all its emotionally compelling soundtrack.

mortal

Gold Member
Goin' through the Matrix
Red and blue pills, black shades, that's the basics

matrix-lobby-gif-4.gif

56CCFB1554B18497B227C20ADD1AAB8DE48B25CE

Top Bottom