• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s your favorite game that you can beat in an hour or two?

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
She beat me of love
s11QN58.jpg

Pelao

Ace Combat 3, Syphon Filter, Shadow of the Colossus, Returnal, Resident Evil Remake 2, Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3.

Love replaying any of those when I have a couple of hours to spare.

killatopak

OG RE3.

REmake as well but it takes more than an hour. Maybe even 2. Memorized it to the point I knew the spawns in invisible mode on REmake.

I think I speedrun Dino Crisis 2 as well. Take an hour more or less. Used to do it to farm points for the colosseum.

RE Outbreak File 1 is an easy speed run as well but it’s cut up in chunks so I don’t know if you can classify it as a whole game.

Soodanim

Gold Member
RE2/3/0 are the first that come to mind with A rank pace. At one point I could also count CV in that time limit too, but not anymore. It's been a while so I don't know if I could do REmake that quickly off the top.

Other games that can more comfortably be finished in that short a time:

Symphony of the Night. There'a always Richter mode for an even quicker run.

Streets of Rage 4.

I don't want to get into retro, because a huge number can be done in that time.

Three

That's pretty short. I'd say the only game I can beat 100% and guaranteed in an hour is probably this:

I wouldn't exactly call it my favourite game though. Those usually take me more time. I can maybe do Earthworm Jim in less than an hour if it's a good run, so I'd consider that one of my favourites. All the newer favourite games I play take way longer to complete.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Portal. Once you've beaten it before you can waltz through in one sitting and do a pseudo speedrun that doesn't involve jumping on top of the boundaries.

Majormaxxx

Some of the ones you mentioned are quite difficult.

Here is a few from me:

SEGA Aladdin - it takes less than an hour and it is not too difficult.

Centurion the Defender of Rome on DOS - takes maabe 2 hours but has easy mode that guarantees a satisfactory victory.

Pejo

Mega Man 2 provided I don't get held up on the damn Dragon boss of Wily stage 1. I have no idea why I always have so many problems with that one.

Double Dragon/Double Dragon 3

Castlevania 3

Jackal on the NES
I used to play this game with my dad's coworker's son back in the day every time we'd go over to their house. I still, to this day, don't think I ever beat the game.

I can't think of many newer games that I can beat in under 2 hours.

SCB3

Most Mario games (2D ones mainly), Sonic also I used to be able to Speedrun the original Zelda as well

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
THPS3 is definitely in there too.

ssringo

nintendo videogames GIF by El Primer Mando

Though I beat it a few times every year since it takes me less than 20 minutes.

EDIT: Actually just timed my first run in a while with no warm up just for giggles. ~14:18 while losing spread at the end of Snowfield and squeaking through until getting it back in Energy Zone. So a no death run for me would be in the high 12 or low 13 minute range with no real speedrun tech/knowledge.

Last edited:
Top Bottom