• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What’s coming and going from (US) Netflix in October

jfkgoblue

Within the next couple of years, Netflix will pretty much be another premium cable channel in terms of content. The writing has been on the wall for some time and we are seeing it come to fruition. They are losing all the Fox shows now, Disney(which means Disney channel and ABC) next year, AMC is already shifting away, and I doubt CBS renews any of its contracts like NCIS as well. This is what was always going to happen when streaming got big, everyone having their own service. The only shows are ironically NBCU that don't seem to be in immediate danger of leaving. For their credit, Netflix had the foresight to know that their third party deals wasn't going to be a viable business strategy forever and so they have invested billions in original programming, trying to be HBO (though they took a different strategy in that too by going for quantity over quality, not to say there aren't some gems, but most of their original content is very mediocre).

Hulu is actually in a much better place to keep the large array of different shows because the networks own them.

Holy shit. If my wife finds out Miss Congeniality is on Netflix it’s going to ruin my life. Hopefully Netflix continues with the terrible presentation and it just goes undiscovered.

lawnchair

Banned
excited about stranger things

but damn, on these lists it seems like there's always more good stuff going than there is good stuff coming..

Holy shit. If my wife finds out Miss Congeniality is on Netflix it’s going to ruin my life. Hopefully Netflix continues with the terrible presentation and it just goes undiscovered.

how is your life ruined by such greatness.

also wow, Netflix losing so many good shows. no Netflix Original ever made is gonna make up for the loss of King of the Hill, 30 Rock and Friday Night Lights (probably soon to be Mad Men too tbh)

All of you should watch the feminist cannibal family drama that is RAW.

raw-poster.jpg

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
American Vandal!

But in terms of straight storytelling type shows, it looks that way. Though Mindhunter looks real good, which hits a little before Stranger Things.

It's still this year. I'm guessing it'll be November.
American Vandal?
GLOW was great.
I still haven't watched it, but that was in June and Ozark was July.
Still no Guardians of the Galaxy 2? Boo.

They just added Beauty and the Beast lol, Guardians 2 is probably November. Why not just rent it from redbox or vudu?

Quake1028

30 Rock: Seasons 1 - 7
Friday Night Lights: Seasons 1 - 5
Malcolm in the Middle: Seasons 1 - 7
My Name Is Earl: Seasons 1 - 4
The Bernie Mac Show: Seasons 1 - 5
The Wonder Years: Seasons 1 - 6
The Cleveland Show: Seasons 1 - 4
Louie: Seasons 1 - 5
Family Guy: Seasons 9 - 14

These all suck :(.

Voidwolf

Sucks to lose 30 Rock, Malcom in the Middle, and Louie. I'll especially miss 30 Rock, it's just so good to have as background noise.

zeemumu

Cult of Chucky is gonna be on Netflix? Sweet.

But why would you remove The Shining in October when Stephen King adaptations are hot right now and Halloween Horror Nights is pushing The Shining like mad? Was it part of your licensing agreement with King that you could adapt his work but you had to remove Kubrick's The Shining because King hates that movie?

Shit, I was watching The Shining right now and I only had 30 min left but I had to start the dishwasher, so I exited the movie and voilà, it was gone. I guess if I had let it run, it would have let me finish it :(

Chittagong

Gold Member
Sorry for the slight OT, but I today noticed that my ‘Continue watching ‘ stream is full of stuff me or my wife have never watched - Top Gear, CT Fletcher, Pacific Warriors, Childs Play, Tank Girl and such. The history shows someone has been watching stuff for the past month, roughly one show or film a day. Almost never watches past the half way point, usually just first 10 min.

I can’t figure out how I got compromised. My Netflix has an unique 1password, and Facebook doesn’t show any logins I don’t recognise.

Any ideas?

8PFplDr_d.jpg

I now kicked all devices out and changed my Facebook and Netflix passwords again.

Top Bottom