• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wendy’s rolling out Bacon Mozzarella Cheeseburger nationwide

Status
Not open for further replies.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
http://www.grubgrade.com/food-news/new-bacon-mozzarella-cheeseburger-from-wendys

After testing in select locations last year, the Bacon Mozzarella Cheeseburger is getting a wide release and making its way to Wendy’s locations this week. The suggested price is $4.69… I found the burger over the weekend at my local Wendy’s priced at $5.29.

The Bacon Mozzarella Cheeseburger features a beef patty, Parmesan Garlic cheese sauce, a slice of natural Mozzarella cheese, three strips of Applewood smoked bacon, spring mix, and red onion on a buttery garlic Brioche bun.

620 calories, 37 grams of fat, 15 grams of saturated fat, 120 milligrams of cholesterol, 1430 milligrams of sodium, 34 grams of carbs, 6 grams of sugar, 2 grams of fiber, 37 grams of protein.

mNvnTWU.jpg

Stop putting spring mix on your burgers Wendy's.

but mmmmm Parmesan garlic cheese sauce sounds awesome

Spring Mix is bomb on burgers. The Parmesan garlic sauce is what sounds interesting though. Honestly the mozzarella seems like it would be too mild of a cheese. Asiago would have been better IMO.

They're at my local Wendy's and it's pretty good. Good enough for me to go two days in a row. I got the double patty, but I should stick to single.

Just be mindful of the juices that can drip out onto your shirt.

Spring Mix is bomb on burgers. The Parmesan garlic sauce is what sounds interesting though. Honestly the mozzarella seems like it would be too mild of a cheese. Asiago would have been better IMO.

Yeah I just don't like it, always tastes too bitter to me and they keep putting it on everything but I just substitute regular lettuce so it's not actually a problem.

I guess this means the jalapeno fresco chicken sandwich is probably on its out which is a damn shame, one of the only things I have ever liked at Wendy's.

Fast food bacon is invariably awful.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

The problem with spring mix is if you are working with fresh hot burgers you want crisp lettuce to go with. Fresh hot of the grill/girdle burgers wilt the lettuce down.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Generic mozzarella is the blandest shit. Even their spicy cheese sauces lack flavor so this is probably gonna have the flavor profile of prechewed gum.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
The problem with Mozzarella is that it's swingy:
When it's good, it's the best goddamn cheese ever invented.
When it's meh, it's VERY meh. Inferior to Cheddar and the likes.

Priz

I guess this means the jalapeno fresco chicken sandwich is probably on its out which is a damn shame, one of the only things I have ever liked at Wendy's.
I don't think I've ever loved the taste of a fast food chicken sandwich as much as the Jalapeno Fresco Chicken Sandwich. It's just the right amount of spice/seasoning and is very flavorful.

wdCLbWL.jpg

Ponn

Banned
I guess this means the jalapeno fresco chicken sandwich is probably on its out which is a damn shame, one of the only things I have ever liked at Wendy's..

Shit, I did like that. I also liked the ghost pepper fries as well though the sauce wasn't "ghost pepper" hot at all. May need to go out for lunch tomorrow and see if its still there and grab one before its gone.

This new burger sounds alright, depends on the sauce taste really. I'm waiting for the mushroom cheddar burger to come back and hoping its better than last time. They did something to the cheese sauce that ruined it for me.

Fat4all

Banned
yep and it's going to be overwhelmed by the burger and the bacon.

There's a reason why bacon is usually paired with a robust cheese like a blue cheese.

Ever try a burg with muenster cheese? Ah man, that stands up to a burg really well.

GHG

Ok i think it's out here, I'm ordering as soon as it opens but it's currently 8am. Fuck.

D-Pad

Only thing I ever get from Wendy's anymore is the Asiago ranch chicken sandwich with a natural lemonade. Not that anything else on the menu isn't good, just that sandwich is amazing. The new burger sounds pretty boring imo.

Dalek

Only thing I ever get from Wendy's anymore is the Asiago ranch chicken sandwich with a natural lemonade. Not that anything else on the menu isn't good, just that sandwich is amazing. The new burger sounds pretty boring imo.

My man. That's what I get too, it's such a great meal.

ExVicis

This is upsetting, the closest Wendy's to me closed down and now I have to go really out of my way to the next one. I would like to try that Burger, not my choice of cheese but still.

styl3s

Bring back those baconator fries you sons of bitches.

I usually enjoy their new burgers so i will give it a try.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
After a year of living in a place where pork is not allowed, I have been daydreaming off all the pork related foods I will consume this summer. This is definitely going on the list. Minus the greenery of course.

SexyFish

Banned
Bring back those baconator fries you sons of bitches.

I usually enjoy their new burgers so i will give it a try.

Working at a Wendy's right now, we definitely still have baconator fries. You could always try asking for them even if they aren't on our menu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom