• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We Are Not Your Kind * Slipknot * New Album Discussion

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I used to love Slipknot. I still like them, but I’ve drifted away from metal over the years. I liked the new album, but prefer their more melodic songs as opposed to the ones with more hardcore metal. As I’ve gotten older the “screaming” of metal has just worn on me. My favorite song on this album is probsbly Critical Darling though or Unsainted.

Last edited:

Catphish

This is pretty much the only thing I've been listening to for the last 3 weeks. I can't get enough of it (Also made a Spotify playlist of it, and plugged All Out Life in the 4-hole). Easily their finest work, imo. I honestly can't think of a single metal album that's better.

Drake

Just saw these guys on Sunday. Killer fucking show. Haven't listened to the new album outside of both of the singles. Hearing it got insanely good reviews. I'll probably listen to this next week after I've fully dissected the new Tool album.

TrainedRage

Banned
Dude this video is crazy!!!!! Look at how Mick is just staring into the crowd, looking straight ahead. Then its like he suddenly knows he is being filmed and looks right into a fans camera phone.
It may be on of the most badass things I have seen in months! My god. I would shit myself. Watch the first min.

TrainedRage

Banned
Are people in dollar store masks and silly Halloween costumes supposed to be edgy/scary?
It's all style over substance.
I mean I would hardly call a hand made Tom Savini mask dollar store. Also Sid literally has an animatrionic mask that moves.

Aside from the aesthetic they are considered one of the best metal bands of all time. I mean the skill level of Jay and Mick is off the charts. And Corey can not only sing but screams like a banshee for hours live.

It's one thing to not like metal. But to say Slipknot has no substance is disingenuous.

Hell Metallica is opening for THEM.

Last edited:
Top Bottom