• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wavetale [new 3D Platfomer from Zoink Games of Lost in Random & Fe; Out NOW... on Stadia]

CamHostage

...First things first, yes, this is a Stadia game. 12 people are whoo-hooing, the rest of GAF probably is googling for who-cares memes, but do know that this game will expand to PC&Consoles in 2022 after an exclusivity period that starts with today's surprise launch on Stadia. So give it a look to see if it's something to put on your watchlist.

Wavetale is a new game announced by Thunderful from Zoink, makers of Stick it to the Man, Zombie Vikings, Flipping Death, Fe, and Lost in Random. It's an ocean-themed 3D action-adventure platformer that reminds me some of the mechanics of Jak&Daxter (lots of jump-doublejump-spin to the platforming.) It's not a technological showcase (some cheap mouthflap animation and some pop-in of the simple backgrounds,) but it's got a style and spirit to it and we don't get platformers that often anymore.

Surf the waters of a submerged city! Unravel the past, save the islanders from mysterious sea monsters and discover secrets hidden under the surface.

Explore an open sea and the decaying archipelago of Strandville in Wavetale, a story-driven action-adventure game introducing you to fed-up fishermen, secretive hermits – and maybe a pirate or two. Traverse calm waters and surging waves as Sigrid, a young girl who befriends a mysterious shadow that provides her with the power to walk on water.

Speed through the waves, swing yourself from housetops with your net, and defeat an old nemesis to save the citizens of the islands. All with a bit of help from the shadows down below—and your cranky grandmother.

Last edited:

RafterXL

Fe was excellent and I've only just started Lost in Random, which seems really cool so far, and I hadn't even realized they were from the same company. I'll definitely keep an eye out for this when it hits other platforms.

Top Bottom