• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watchdogs deserves a Remake

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
You trust Ubi to remake Watch Dogs in 2022
You can literally play Watch Dogs 1-3 and see how we got where we are now.
I mean I wouldn't mind a remake done right with the themes and ideologies of the original, but they'll just modernize it to today standards

Why hasnt Microsoft and Sony worked out a plan to update all these last gen games for dynamic 4k/60 now that they both have monthly services with BC libraries that they're trying to bolster and earn subscribers with?

Just work out a deal when they bring the game to GP and PS plus, whereby the developers will patch it to 4k/60 for some extra money. This way everyone wins: MS and Sony bolster their service/platform and gamers get to experience games the way they're meant to be played.
That's the solution to a glaring weakness of consoles currently compared to the PC.

To me, the fact that the Series X and Ps5 aren't running every last gen game at dynamic 4k/60 is proof of how shitty the current state of gaming is on console. It's pure greed, laziness, and shows how console gamers are casual sheep still. MS and Sony don't make these changes that would make gaming so much more enjoyable because they know most console gamers will just accept things the way they are and aren't demanding more.

Yeah, there's some cost associated with patching games but imagine if Sony or MS started incentivizing patches ...the other gaming giant would have no choice but to start paying devs to make patches happen. The relative cost is not so much that this is some impossible task.

I found Watchdogs utterly mediocre in so many ways. The main character was dull, the premise was laughable and the driving was shit city to the point I actually avoided the cars. It's one of a few games I actually regret plaing but at the time it was "the first next-gen experience" and I drank the kool-aid.

ShirAhava

Plays with kids toys, in the adult gaming world
Good idea! but lets remake Elden Ring first just to make sure this industry is completely fucking worthless

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
shit-no-man-no-man.gif

Banned
The gunplay and stealth is head and shoulders above the competition. And by comp I’m talking about GTA.

you can compare a PS1 3D game that doesn't support analog inputs and makes you aim with the D-Pad to GTA and GTA would lose
so not really some big obstacle to overcome. there's only a very small handful of games with worse gunplay than Rockstar's gunplay... same for the general controls and mechanics
Animated GIF

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i don't know. a remake would be cool but i want a reboot.

the first game was interesting but had some issues. those were largely fixed in WD2 which was such a fun game. i had high hopes for WD3 but then Legion happened and completely killed the series off it seems.

i hope one day Ubisoft decide to go back to the series and give it another shot. there was so much potential. people are thirsty for a good cyberpunk rpg/gta clone. we ain't getting a cyberpunk 2077 sequel for a long ass time. the cyberpunk genre isn't getting the love it deserves.

Last edited:

hlm666

Just go listen to jesus built my hotrod on youtube or spotify, that was the only fun part of the game and 90% of that was because of the song.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Only if Ubisoft sell a remaster of Aiden Pearce's iconic cap.

You can just tell how iconic it is by looking at it. Truly iconic.

Dictionary definition of Iconic:
"relating to or of the nature of an icon."

Dictionary definition of Icon:
"a person or thing regarded as a representative symbol or as worthy of veneration."

Yes truly the most iconic of caps... this was called and sold this before the game release, that's how much of a character Aiden Pearce was, he was an Icon before they even launched, can't beat that.

Last edited:

Shubh_C63

Ubi wasn't able to make a better FarCry 3 and keeps reskinning it.

No way they will do a remake of WD.
WD:L still sold good though. god knows why.

H4ze

I don't know man, I don't think I will ever be able to forgive them the bullshot crap from the E3 build. WD is dead to me.

Inuteu

The first game was bombed by criticism mainly because its graphics dindt match the E3 trailer

It was a shame, because in its core is a good game. If it came out with E3 graphics and no bugs, certainly would be on the goty nominees list that year

I dont think it needs a remake. Only needs the next entry on the franchise to be solid

Legion is kinda good but gameplay wise is uninspired, repetitive and full of political wokeness

shock non lethal guns? c'mon

Game doesn't need a remake. Just buy the PC Version.

Here's a picture how deep Aiden Pearce personality is. Definitely one of the worst characters ever created.

sQZL5Hf.gif

So many games desperately need "4k"/60 fps updates and Watch Dogs is one of them.

I just don't understand why

Watch Dogs 1 was such a solid open world game that is jam-packed with content a d activities. They put more time and effort into that than WD 2 and especially Legion. It's not perfect by any stretch and could be classified as generic for an open world but what it does it does well and it does a lot.

It's unforgivable though that Ubisoft hasn't updated it for 4k/60 on console by now especially considering the downgrade still looms over this and they had the nerve to use the "WD 1 Complete Edition" as bait to sell Legions expansion pass but that "complete efition" is only 1080p/30 even though it released after the next gen consoles came out.

Ubi pulled the same shit with Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon "classic" editions. Come on Ubi you really couldn't have at least updated them for dynamic 4k/60 for next gen?

Imagine releasing a game in 22 after the next gem is out at 1080p/30 fps ..
Right, they actually tried with the first game. It was actually interesting.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Yeah, but do we really need remake of 1 generation old games? Remakes are warranted for PS360 games and older, they feel very dated at this point.

Top Bottom