• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe 1999 Reveal Teaser | TennoLive 2023

VN1X

Banned
vay GIF

The lore implications of this expansion are crazy and already boggle my mind.

Part of me hopes it's a 'reset' of sorts where we find out each Frame's backstory like this. Would be very ambitious of course but it would certainly be able to provide the next 10 years of content. :lollipop_grinning:

splattered

I've played a fair amount of this game with my son but man it is just so grindy I can't stand to play it for very long and gave up. It's a good game I just have so many other games to play i cant sit and grind for resources and play through all these endless planetary nodes to unlock stuff. It's all just too much.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
I mean...
61S2iaozDRL.jpg

we kinda already had that ? 😁
It was a janky-ass game but still very enjoyable !
It wasn't janky. It's a perfectly fine game, and I even replayed it recently.

It's actually crazy how many of the concepts that ended up being used in Warframe were already present in this game, right down to the main character's name being Tenno, lol.

Gojiira

vay GIF

The lore implications of this expansion are crazy and already boggle my mind.

Part of me hopes it's a 'reset' of sorts where we find out each Frame's backstory like this. Would be very ambitious of course but it would certainly be able to provide the next 10 years of content. :lollipop_grinning:
If anything it should ‘Recanonise’ the origins of the Warframes themselves. Early in the game it was canon that all Warframes were made using the Technocyte virus, but subsequent updates made that murkier. So I hope they reconfirm that the original Warframes really were bio organic suits before Transference was a thing. That would also somewhat explain all the times the Frames operated independently from the Operator.

Rebecca and Megan are my most favorite women in the gaming industry and here is why. Please, protect these women at all costs.

Last edited:

Larxia

Digital Extremes remind me of an old school developer who actually gives a fuck about their fanbase. That's practically none existent today. Looks amazing and happy for the fans. Kudos to the team!
Warframe is really confusing to me. I keep seeing it being praised like you just did, when you hear about it, it sounds like a really high quality game, but on the other hand I also always hear about the insane amount of grind in it, so it seems paradoxal and confuses me.
It being a free to play, with apparently ton of grind just sends me all the bad signals, because... Well when you have grind in a game, it's usually either to hide the lack of content, or in online games to frustrate players into purchasing things to go faster, which doesn't sound like something the publisher would do if they are like what you described.

I don't know, I must be missing something, but everything I hear about this game seems to be in contradiction all the time, it's very strange.
I only played it a bit a long time ago, back when there wasn't the open world and all yet, it was very repetitive which is what made me stop, but it seems to be a lot more complete today, but at the same time it still seems to involve the same amount of grind as before 🤔

Warframe is really confusing to me. I keep seeing it being praised like you just did, when you hear about it, it sounds like a really high quality game, but on the other hand I also always hear about the insane amount of grind in it, so it seems paradoxal and confuses me.
It being a free to play, with apparently ton of grind just sends me all the bad signals, because... Well when you have grind in a game, it's usually either to hide the lack of content, or in online games to frustrate players into purchasing things to go faster, which doesn't sound like something the publisher would do if they are like what you described.

I don't know, I must be missing something, but everything I hear about this game seems to be in contradiction all the time, it's very strange.
I only played it a bit a long time ago, back when there wasn't the open world and all yet, it was very repetitive which is what made me stop, but it seems to be a lot more complete today, but at the same time it still seems to involve the same amount of grind as before 🤔
The game is not for everyone, but the amount of content and support that they keep adding every year is absolutely bonkers for a F2P game.

Yes, the game is grindy and more complex than ever. The matter of fact is that if you are not into grindy farm-like games then this game is not for you. But if you are looking for a grindfest with high visual fidelity, incredible support, beautiful art and fantastic lore and voice work then this is it.

Think of it like Monster Hunter, that's also a grind game, but in a different way. Warframe has very high production values, even higher than some AAA games. Digital Extremes is an example of AAA indie studio who run their own show without a greedy publisher breathing down their neck.

I don't play it personally, but there was a time when I did and I did enjoy it. But now, there are far too many games for me.

Last edited:

Apocryphon

I mean...
61S2iaozDRL.jpg

we kinda already had that ? 😁
It was a janky-ass game but still very enjoyable !
The original concept for Dark Sector was completely different and something they would revisit to some extent in Warframe:

The Warframe 1999 trailer looks… ok… but something about the art style has me concerned. I haven’t played much of Warframe, but I was excited by the original concept video for Dark Sector and extremely disappointed with what we eventually got. I have always wanted them to revisit it as a single player game, but I don’t 1999 is that? If it is… I’m cautiously optimistic I guess…

The guys run cycle looks goofy, his hair looks like it belongs in a Final Fantasy game, and both Dr. Manhattan and growly guy faces look legitimately awful. Growly guy looks like a sex offender. Is he meant to be Robert Mezner from Dark Sector?

Right now I think I’m far more interested in Soulframe than this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom